New Hunter Spell - Tame Beast (Rank 1)

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

A new Rare Hunter Spell, Tame Beast (Rank 1), has been revealed!

Tame Beast (Rank 1) Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 800 645 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Very cheap tool for board control, the 10 mana version is very strong for its cost

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 650 237 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

This is the best level-up spell so far.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks decent enough to maybe see some play. I think this will mostly be played early on or Rank 2 - not sure if it`s realy good enough to try and lvl up to 3. Maybe but i guess a 2 Mana 4/4 Rush (Rank 2) will be the most likely played outcome of this card. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

The base form of Tame Beast is obviously pretty meh, but "2 mana deal 4 to a minion" is a very fair card, and "2 mana deal 6 to a minion" is really good. Add in the potential to have a damaged minion left over afterwards and you've got a very strong card.

• Thresh's Avatar 235 26 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

The ranked versions look very strong

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 695 644 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Actually decent in its base form, and very good when topdecked later which is especially important for Hunter cards. The best ranked card so far together with Chain Lightning (Rank 1), will definitely see play.

• Grumpy000's Avatar Bronze Supporter 1290 698 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

bah ... a two mana slot can be filled in several better ways

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2710 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This seems pretty good. A 2/2 with Rush for 2 mana is a fair card. With beast synergy, spell synergy, and the potential to get bigger, I am sure this will find a home somewhere.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1505 1013 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It is nice that the spell is relevantneven later on

-=alfi=-

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1957 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Seems ok... Definitely nice top deck most of the times

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• Cg8889's Avatar Design Finalist 250 61 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Hopefully the token beast off this is 2 mana.

Dire Frenzy seems like it will be important for this new era of Hunters (value based builds) and being able to shuffle in 3 cheap Rush minions with +3/+3 is great. Toss in cards like Selective Breeder to find those buffed versions or Barak Kodobane to draw the spell in the first place, I like the way the new Beast Hunter can be played.

<Edit> Tokens posted and unfortunately they increase as well as the attack. Not as excited as I was for the scenario above but still think the card is strong on its own.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1445 2204 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A 2 mana Rush beast generator.... could be good for the end game or a control variant, but I'm not sold on the longevity 

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

Yeah, hunter needed this card. I doubt any archetype wouldn't run this card. It's just that good at all key states.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is quite good once you get to 5 mana (it works before that too, but it's not ideal obviously) and at 10-mana it's alright if you just happen to topdeck into it.

I think the biggest bonus of this is that once you reach 5-mana you get a pretty big tempo boost if you pair this with your average 3-drop.

It also makes Barak Kodobane look a lot less terrible because at least now you can maybe pull this at turn 7 (or even 10) to maintain a little bit of tempo at least.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 970 614 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good for trading, not sure which deck could use this atm.

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

For this mana cost it's a great late game single removal spell. 

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Good removal ,good with lock and load ,you will use it only for trades if the best had taunt it would be better but like this i dont know.Hunter always wants to finish the match fast ,it's not a late game class so i have to say this is kind of bad.

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar Peon 1060 161 Posts Joined 04/13/2020

I'm liking the look of these Ranked cards, can't wait to see the rest.

Disclaimer: if the above is factually incorrect or complete rubbish it is definitely both intentional and  comedy genius.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 580 636 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Looks like a card for wild spell hunter! 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium