New Warlock Spell - Soul Rend

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Warlock Spell, Soul Rend, has been revealed!

Soul Rend Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 800 645 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I think it´s Doom Pact reincarnation with some condition. I think is best used against big minions than weak ones.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is a bit difficult to evaluate.

On one hand a 4-mana Dargonfire Potion is absurdly good for any control deck. This basically allows you to shut down any minion based deck early on.

Self-milling on the other hand is pretty terrible and should be avoided if possible. Sure, there's the option to just use this and not actually kill anything and then finish the board with another spell (School Spirits for instance), but that just seems like a pipe dream.

Overall this could still work simply due to the fact that Tickatus exists and more than makes up for the self mill...but if you end up discarding Tickatus you're giga-fucked.

It also disincentivizes developing anything on the board on your side, which is a pretty big downside, even for a control deck

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar Peon 1060 161 Posts Joined 04/13/2020

We're getting loads of AoE this expansion.

Disclaimer: if the above is factually incorrect or complete rubbish it is definitely both intentional and  comedy genius.

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

This would be great for bomb warrior meta (to bad its gone).you can use it when you have no cards left in your deck or combo it with another aoe card if they have  5+ health minions.

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1955 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

This style of effect is usually not very good

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• BloodMefist's Avatar Content Squad Old God Fanatic 715 659 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Downside seems way too severe for what it offers. Warlock isn't especially hurting for removal options these days and I don't think this beats out other options.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 730 1041 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Most decks that want this kind of AoE damage effects are Control and Combo decks and you DON'T WANT to burn your deck in almost any situation. So yeah, unless new cards make your deck indestructible for a turn or watev I'm giving this 1 star.

• Topandito's Avatar 805 383 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

I don't think that Warlock will use this. They have a lot of solid aoe even with the rotation and I don't think that this is enough of a boost over hellfire to justify the cost it comes with.

• brayanpedraza's Avatar 90 35 Posts Joined 03/12/2021

Without a sinergy, doesn't work

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not very interesting. It's good if it doesn't kill any minions or in a deck that needs to cycle to fatigue quickly (Mecha'thun)

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

That's rough, losing those cards. It's not Discard, so I don't think you can get value from the loss. This might be too much of a drawback, despite how powerful the AOE.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

OK card , but i think this will not realy see play. Alltough could work in some sort of Envoy Rustwix deck where you shuffle enough Primes etc in your deck so you do not care about the loss of a few cards. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Kerrek's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 355 83 Posts Joined 07/27/2019

If this were a one-sided clear it would be nuts, but two-sided clears are only good in control decks, and the mill effect is not good in control decks, so I don't think this will see play unless somebody comes up with a combo that needs a cheap board clear after drawing the whole deck.

• darkoprk's Avatar Magma Rager 335 149 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Not a good card in my opinion makes it hard to predict what is removed

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2709 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I really don't know with this one. If you are playing a slow control deck that would really want a board clear like this, you probably also have a specific win condition that you really don't want to burn. Maybe in a Mechathun deck after you have drawn the combo.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• shky's Avatar Vampire 675 168 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

i don't like it, if the board is full of little minions this is going to be a huge downside on your own deck, unless you fill it with soul fragments and burn them

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

Any class would give a working legendary for a 4 mama flamestrike but the draw back just seems to high. A control deck would love it but not at the cost of cards and fatigue. And zoo won't want to lose the board. Good design but just too much cost to see usable play

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

That's a big punish to remove something(s). 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• bardozan's Avatar 375 248 Posts Joined 09/12/2019

Ouch. Downside is too big. Maybe we're gonna shuffle some bad cards to be removed? Gotta see whole set.

OBLIVION!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium