New Rogue Spell - Yoink!

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Epic Rogue Spell, Yoink!, has been revealed!

Yoink! Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• shky's Avatar Vampire 675 168 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

nice effect and can be used as an alternative hero power for a rogue with lots of weapons in the deck. it enables combo too because of the low mana cost. love it

• jacob1487's Avatar 455 214 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Really unsure what to make of this card, wonder what effect it has on non-basic hero powers? (As of the moment, only Jarraxus' remaining in standard) Unless metamorphisis remains too? Anyway, this might be an easy card which will surprise me.

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

Good design but the high variance and depending on the board state for hero power usage will limit this cards play

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1505 1013 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Low cost spell but not too great

-=alfi=-

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Love this card rogue always needed some extra stuff from they're hero power , now they can get some heals,armor ,tokens  and  other damage hero power after you dagger up.

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 800 645 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

The question here is:
    Any hero power? Including Odd/DKs/Hagatha/Dr Boom/Jaraxxus/Galakrond(s) ones?

• piggie2005's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 03/17/2021

this  honestly is the most flavorful card ive seen in a long as hell time this just for the flavor is a 5 star

• bardozan's Avatar 375 248 Posts Joined 09/12/2019
    Quote From SilverWolf

The question here is:
    Any hero power? Including Odd/DKs/Hagatha/Dr Boom/Jaraxxus/Galakrond(s) ones?

It's gotta be the basic Hero Powers.

OBLIVION!

• MarcoHS's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 315 97 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

Great spell for rogue after using a weapon. You can push extra damage, draw, all depends on the game. The hero power costs 0. Should cost 1…

• bela's Avatar 300 141 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

zero cost everything has always been used , one way or another

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 153 Posts Joined 03/01/2021

Love, love, love it! Such a fun card. Easily enable combo cards, and great flexibility. 

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 311 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

A nice card idea for Rogues that equip weapons, so the Rogue Hero Power is not as useful. With that being said, I don't think this will be that good (assuming only basic Hero Powers), but at least the Discovered Hero Power costs 0. 

• Topandito's Avatar 805 383 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Its cute, and it might even be decent sometimes...but unless you get like....warlock and pretty much nothing else I don't see why you'd want this that much.

• ArcyroX's Avatar Uther 430 154 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

I really miss the inspire mechanic

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 635 536 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

Combo activator: CHECK
    Useful effect especially since you don't want to hero power every turn as Rogue: CHECK
    A new take on Rogue stealing resources from other classes: CHECK
    Trump's reveal being glorious: CHECK

We did it, boys. We have achieved peak Hearthstone.

In all seriousness, I love Yoink!'s design. It's not Secret Passage levels of busted, but it's useful on virtually any scenario.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (26/Mar/21): Demon Hunter - 93; Druid - 895Hunter - 878; Mage - 980; Paladin - 1027; Priest - 651; Rogue - 926; Shaman - 933; Warlock - 741; Warrior - 751

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 363 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

This is very interesting and hard to evaluate... 1 mana 4 armor (2x2) could be great, at times, and probably the high roll. 1 mana for 2 free warlock HP probably not so great. Interesting... 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Probably nice if you get it randomly from discover effects or something similar, but I don't think anyone would put this in their deck.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Yoink! is a very strange card. Maybe being a cheap spell that gives you good value is enough to make it worth playing, but I seriously doubt it. The only way this card is worth a damn is if there are some hero power synergies for Rogue.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2709 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I like the design card a lot. It is very interesting to have rogues burgling hero powers instead of cards. I think this will see a lot of play for a number of reasons. First of all, it is extremely flexible in what it can do. Second, the Rogue hero power is pretty much worthless if you already have a weapon equipped. But also, since changing your hero power also refreshes it, and since both uses of the new power will cost 0, you won't even have to miss out on any uses of your rogue power.

This card looks like a lot of fun, and will be a very useful tool for just about any rogue deck. It is even that inconsistent. You have a 1/3 to find any specific power, but also there is a lot of overlap in what the powers do making it even more consistent. There are two powers that summon a minion, 3 powers that let you damage something on the board, 4 powers that let you damage your opponents face, two hero powers that can heal, and then the Warlock's hero power which is crazy powerful at 0 mana.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium