New Druid Minion - Guff Runetotem

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Legendary Druid Minion, Guff Runetotem, has been revealed!

Guff Runetotem Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Forpayz's Avatar 200 86 Posts Joined 09/04/2019

Great synergy, great card.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well i think this can be realy good - of course depending on what kind of Spells will be Nature Spells and what new Nature Spells we will get. But i mostly can see this work in some sort of Token Druid maybe Beast .... defenitely has potential!

I Kinda like it!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Daowen's Avatar 440 191 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

good card for the druids, so nice to keep them buffing

I'm not online       cat          it's just your imagination

• Karmin's Avatar Zombie 235 138 Posts Joined 02/12/2021

This seems quite good, especially since Druid can easily cast 4 or 5 spells a turn. Love how they are continuing to build on the spell tribes with legendary cards.

• Psychopomp's Avatar Agamaggan 215 143 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Considering the fact that Nature spells seem to be the only spells druid will have as a class, I'm excited to slot this into a token druid deck. Lots of value, even if it only sticks around for a few turns

4 Mana 7/7

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 505 595 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I guess treant Druid or something like that could have a couple of nature spells over to use this for. At first look it seems quite weak, but if I open it I will try and make it work.

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Super nasty! At only 3 mana, drop this after sticking a board (something Druid excels at) and spam the spells! It won't target itself, so every buff goes to a ready-to-attack minion.

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1325 489 Posts Joined 06/14/2019

Good card, the buffs can go out of hand really quickly I think.

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

Good card. Not game breaking or over powered but a good solid card to use in conjunction with developing a board. Will likely see play in multiple decks

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Looks pretty strong, not even just in token Druid but in general (depending of course on how many Nature spells there are in total)

My biggest worry is that he might end up a bit too strong due to Innervate and Lightning Bloom.

I mean, combine this with Gibberlinge and shit gets out of hand really fast....and Gibberlings are already really overpowered

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1957 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

I suppose can be good with Gibberling

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• jacob1487's Avatar 455 214 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

ooh I like this in a spell focused token deck, could be a great minion, a shame its ANOTHER minion, or this would have been really cool.

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 635 536 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

Since a lot of spells on the token Druid arsenal will probably become nature spells, when looking at how the deck operates and how useful an effect like Guff Runetotem's effect would be on that deck, the only reason why this card might not see play is the fact that Fungal Fortunes will most likely remain as a priority card for the class and the anti-synergy between these two cards is palpable.

However, if token Druid ends up deviating from Fungal Fortunes and finds another way to refuel his hand, Guff Runetotem will most likely be a staple on that deck.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (26/Mar/21): Demon Hunter - 93; Druid - 895Hunter - 878; Mage - 980; Paladin - 1027; Priest - 651; Rogue - 926; Shaman - 933; Warlock - 741; Warrior - 751

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

All you need to do is proc this once to get pretty decent value. Worse case scenario, you get a minion that's nearly vanilla and has a soft taunt.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 730 1041 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Not sure how many nature spells are support for Token decks but if there are enough this is great.

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020

A balanced legendary for druid

Banned for spamming.

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1685 1228 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Once again a card that is really hard to evaluate. The fact that cheap ramp spells like Innervate (and probably Lightning Bloom too) are going to be Nature spells allow some crazy shenanigans, but will those be enough to earn Guff a spot.

Or maybe people will just play him as a 2/4 that will soft-force your opponent to use their turn on dealing with him, and the buffs are just a bonus you might occasionally get.

• Grumpy000's Avatar Bronze Supporter 1290 698 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

I assume this will be nerfed soon ... too strong with aggro druid

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 311 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

My favorite kind of deck is one that builds a board and then buffs it so it sticks around, so Guff is right up my alley. Hope it'll be the MacGuffin that wins some games for me!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium