New Demon Hunter Spell - Sigil of Silence

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1979 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Rare Demon Hunter Spell, Sigil of Silence, has been revealed!

Sigil of Silence Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Daowen's Avatar 445 197 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

very good silencer, a pity the cost is so low. They do have enough cheap spells imo

I'm not online       cat          it's just your imagination

• Forpayz's Avatar 205 90 Posts Joined 09/04/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Now that’s a great Sigil unlike the previous one

• Psychopomp's Avatar Agamaggan 255 162 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Clears away taunts, allowing demon hunter to go EVEN MORE FACE. This will really slot in, even if it's not a control deck, just to pave the way for a big push on the following turn

4 Mana 7/7

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 665 852 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Oh boy ... this card can be dangerous ! Never underestimate a 0 Mana Card and this could set up lethal most of the time. Just imagine playing this a turn before Druid would play a Corrupted Clown to protect himself because you have a good board for example.

Very interesting - high potentail to be a staple in almost every Demon Hunter Deck.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Karmin's Avatar Zombie 235 140 Posts Joined 02/12/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Damn this is a great mass silence if you accept that you've to wait a turn for it to proc (though you might deny your opponent's next move for 0 mana).

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 510 630 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I really like the concept of Sigils, this is absolutely useful. Good for clearing taunts and go face the turn after playing this.

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 690 545 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Decent disruption effect, really like this "Start of next turn" design. And boy am I glad Altruis the Outcast is going away.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (1/6/21): Demon Hunter - 115; Druid - 899Hunter - 895; Mage - 994; Paladin - 1045; Priest - 677; Rogue - 935; Shaman - 942; Warlock - 771; Warrior - 772

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1350 549 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Why does the Demon Hunter class get another Silence card? What is the identity of this class anyways? They have everything; card draw, lifesteal, taunt, rush, charge, weapons, etc.

By the way, another 0-cost card… really Team 5?!

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck... but not always though."

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1280 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

The Sigils seem pretty strong so far. This should see play, although usually when you're facing against something you want to silence, you usually want to do it immediately instead of next turn.

• Este's Avatar Bloodfeather 635 159 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Very interesting and seems much more competitive than the other Sigil. I hope the direct damage at Demon Hunters disposal (weapons etc.) is tuned right, otherwise this seems like a second and third Kayn Sunfury (yeah, you need to set it up, but you know how many damage from hand you have next turn to setup lethal).

• jacob1487's Avatar 460 216 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Interesting, always need to watch for 0 mana cards, and who knows how this will turn out.

• Trimutius's Avatar 1440 2023 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This like signal "Hey opponent, I plan to lethal you next turn". Can be played in something like Soul DH...

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• meisterz39's Avatar 740 952 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems like a super strong sigil for aggro decks, since the silence is relevant for getting through taunts, and the 0-cost is highly valuable for any deck that wants to consistently trigger outcast effects (which is mostly true for aggro DH)

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1325 720 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

very interesting ... can be a game changer

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Why?!? Why did you need to do this? Mass dispell was rotating and buffing was finally going to be a viable playstyle and then this for zero mana. Plus aggro can now plan the "I will kill you next turn move" for free. At least it gives dh opponents the courtesy of letting them know taunting won't say you

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Why?!? Why did you need to do this? Mass dispell was rotating and buffing was finally going to be a viable playstyle and then this for zero mana. Plus aggro can now plan the "I will kill you next turn move" for free. At least it gives dh opponents the courtesy of letting them know taunting won't say you

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1400 2818 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

0 cost is pretty good, but I'm worried it might just be too easy to play around.

This is effectively just signalling that taunt won't save you and you should hold off on buffs and deathrattles (unlike Consume Magic or Kayn Sunfury which has the surprise factor)

On the other hand, by virtue of being 0-mana you can play this at any point and cripple specific decks really hard (imagine this against Libram Paladin who then has to waste an entire turn not making use of any Librams or buffs).

I think it's a good card on paper, but it'll probably be meta-dependant....and if it's good enough it'll most likely end up being nerfed to 2-mana.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Geno9999's Avatar Ice Rager 910 214 Posts Joined 11/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Hmm, I'm not sold on this one actually. Like, how many Aggro DH decks hard run Consume Magic or Magehunter? Sure this sets up next turn lethal by preemptively removing taunt, but last I checked Control decks also have this thing called AoE, and you're telling them to use it instead of the Taunt.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 740 1051 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

If this is a way to deal with Taunt minions it doesn't seem that good since the taunt would be played mostly by control decks that want to survive, but those decks also have AoE so they can just do that and this becomes kinda a dead card.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium