New Druid Minion - Razormane Battleguard

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1986 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Rare Druid Minion, Razormane Battleguard, has been revealed!

Razormane Battleguard Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 805 658 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Very strong for clown druid, maybe a wall archetype again will make some apparition on the set

• bardozan's Avatar 380 250 Posts Joined 09/12/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

0 mana 2/3 when played, and 2 mana discount every turn it sticks. Not bad.

OBLIVION!

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 665 852 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Decent Enough to see play!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Megasharpie's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 350 144 Posts Joined 08/06/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

It appears that Taunt druid is becoming more and more possible again with these new cards being introduced. 

At this point I have spent too much money on these games to quit. 

Now pass me another pack, and lets see what I pull. 

• Trimutius's Avatar 1440 2023 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Hm there are a few 5 mana taunts like Greybough or Teacher's Pet to curve into, but not sure if deck itself will come together

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1355 550 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Vanilla stats with upside, so good card in Taunt Druid. Does Hadronox return in the Core set?

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck... but not always though."

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 145 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Ok. So the taunt package makes a lot more since. Greybough looks like the center piece with this and the other new druid legendary, plaguemaw. Aside from dh getting a mass silence, this should be pretty good

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 158 Posts Joined 03/01/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

This looks solid!

• Kossrocks's Avatar 405 143 Posts Joined 11/15/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Taunt druid incoming

• Mawryk's Avatar 465 124 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Hmmm.   Do I have to craft Greybough now?  This may help make taunt druid a viable thing.  

• Sirgeekalot's Avatar Rexxar 220 139 Posts Joined 01/24/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Druid is going to be a wall of taunts

• Karmin's Avatar Zombie 235 140 Posts Joined 02/12/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

It's good, but maybe Druid has already access to better ways to cheat mana i feel like ?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1400 2819 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I like it on paper, but in practice it feels like the kind of card that only works if you get on the board first and snowball ahead (which means running some of the average 2-mana taunts like Bonechewer Brawler to really capitalize on the initial effect).

I just can't imagine a deck that runs this, but maybe we get some really strong taunt synergy that works as a win condition.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 312 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I like it. Obviously, a 0 Mana 2/3 with Taunt is nice for the second/any generated copies of this card. I don't think the discount will stack with multiple copies; that seems too strong, and (base Mana cost) - (2) is still (base Mana cost) - (2) even if there are two cards in play that reduce it by (2). But most potentially good Taunts tend to be 1 or 2 Mana too expensive.   

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 665 284 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

How does this work with corrupt. I guess the effect will reduce all taunt costs in your hand until you play a taunt minion. But can I corrupt my Dreaming Drake by playing a 2-cost card, while Razormane Battleguard is on the field?

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1282 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

This one looks very promising. If unanswered on curve, you opponent will be in heaps of trouble when the Taunts start dropping. I might even go as far as to claim this could be a nerf candidate if those tempo swings prove too reliable and strong.

• JoeyJojo48's Avatar Peon 605 230 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
  • FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1282 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From aposteljoe

How does this work with corrupt. I guess the effect will reduce all taunt costs in your hand until you play a taunt minion. But can I corrupt my Dreaming Drake by playing a 2-cost card, while Razormane Battleguard is on the field?

I believe so, as long as the 2-cost card isn't a 4-cost Taunt which makes the Drake's cost return to 3.

• coriolis's Avatar 260 143 Posts Joined 07/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Ideally, we'll be getting a low-cost (2-4 mana) druid taunt that can easily be paired up with this. When combined with Greybough and the remaining neutral taunts, that could produce a viable deck, or at least a very annoying one to play against.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium