New Priest Minion - Xyrella

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

A new Legendary Priest Minion, Xyrella, has been revealed!

Xyrella Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1955 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

With Desperate Prayer it can be 10 AOE, but even outside of that pretty solid

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1325 488 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Cool art, mediocre effect which needs help from support heal cards.

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 153 Posts Joined 03/01/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Very strong effect! Aside from that, the card is soooo pretty. Probably the best looking card in this whole set.

• theo333's Avatar Soulgorger 745 545 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Desperate Xy controlling the board at 4-mana!

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Great looking card. At least when priests wreck me with it, it'll look good. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• slychd's Avatar Sparklepony 1145 482 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

It is a shame Divine Hymn isn't in Core2021.

• burgoskid's Avatar 210 218 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Desperate Prayer seems a lot better now. 

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Dang that's a strong card. Lots of cheap ways to get a decent bit of AOE, and several slightly more expensive ways to get a large AOE.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 830 559 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Incredible with every single priest card revealed. Think this archetype will be nuts

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• shky's Avatar Vampire 675 168 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

this with lots of cheap healing spells can be a huge comeback, loveit

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Very good card. Amazing board clear. In wild it's going to be oppressive with greater healing potion

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1310 2272 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Its going to be honestly one of priest best card for some time. With a simply card like flash heal this card does 5 damage to all ENEMY minions. So if you have board, all it takes is 2 cards and 5 mana to immediately swing.

It does help that most of the removals from priest are gone, so this one stands unopposed, in standard anyway.

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2141 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

... ! That can be very terrifying to play against ; a huge healing would result in your enemie's board washed : ouch ..!
    *5 Stars for sure

*On average, my predictions are dead wrong :P

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 311 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Oof! More Priest board clear, though at least this is more situational. 

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Way too much set up for a single use aoe

• Me0203's Avatar 635 311 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I love this! Not only is it beautiful and strong, it makes you reevaluate every Priest card in the set - other folks here are already talking about Desperate Prayer. That's good card design! Flash Heal and Renew also exist, of course, as well as Crimson Clergy

I'd also like to try out a control version of this deck, rather than a tempo one. Have Raise Dead, select powerful minions like Xyrella and Sethekk Veilweaver, and a healthy amount of the spell synergy package that we received in Scholomance and Outland. That would be fun, certainly, perhaps even powerful. 

Better call Thrall!

• darkoprk's Avatar Magma Rager 335 149 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

this is a good card with good synergy!

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Crossroads Historian 710 470 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Priest is always looking for board clears and they have access to plenty of efficient healing effects. I don't know why any Control Priests wouldn't want to run Xyrella. Heck, just a Renew plus HP and you have a Flamestrike plus a 4/4 and five healing for seven mana. Xyrella is super efficient and will be a staple in Priest I am certain.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

The worst case scenario here is that you use your hero power to heal for 2, then drop Xyrella for a 2-damage AOE. That's pretty weak, but it's probably comparable to Shattered Rumbler, which was playable.

But realistically, this is much better. Typically you'll play this alongside Desperate Prayer or Renew or even Flash Heal to get a sizable AOE effect alongside the 4/4 body. Or you pair this with Holy Nova or Lightshower Elemental for a massive late game AOE. The fact that this can be effective at multiple points of the game makes Xyrella a very compelling card.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium