New Neutral Minion - Mor'shan Watch Post

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

A new Rare Neutral Minion, Mor'shan Watch Post, has been revealed!

Mor'shan Watch Post Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1956 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

They just remove this with a spell, and if you have both watch posts then they probably have mana for big AOE

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1325 488 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Better than the other watch tower.

• shky's Avatar Vampire 675 168 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

token generator, probably good for token strategies with the other watch post

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Watch posts, taunts, minion buffing, silence sigils... 

Let's get weird. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 153 Posts Joined 03/01/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

This could actually be annoying to classes like Rogue that likes to play many low cost minions. But it's mostly useless against mage/warlock.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 830 559 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Better than the other watchtowert. But not that much better

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• burgoskid's Avatar 210 218 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

kind of a soft taunt.

• slychd's Avatar Sparklepony 1145 482 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't know if I can see where they are trying to go with these posts.

• mayhern's Avatar Wizard 335 284 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Interesting design but not sure if it will be played. Too slow

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

If you could have both Watchtowers as once, way better. Neither is great on its own.

• theo333's Avatar Soulgorger 745 545 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Wonder what Alliance Barracks version will be.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1310 2272 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Its not entirely impossible that this becomes one of the most hated card in this expansion. Play this on 3 and your opponent is forced to throw everything they have into it or play no minions to deny you value. With 5 health, its likely to survive a good deal of spell removals, and with 3 attack its likely to kill anything trading into it around turns 3-5.

One of the best watch post cards, if not the best. I mean there's only 2 of them at time of writing :)

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2141 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Arena says yes, constructed is unsure. 
    I still like the flavor. 

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• dembro's Avatar Peon 365 311 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Better than the other Watch Tower, but still not good. 

• Lookwedont's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 340 144 Posts Joined 01/19/2020
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Good card

• darkoprk's Avatar Magma Rager 335 149 Posts Joined 03/02/2021
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Not good against mages or priest but definitely could do some damage against aggro decks

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Mor'shan Watch Post is definitely the better of the two Watch Posts. Getting a bunch of 2/2s is just generally better than getting one or two small buffs, and your opponent is way more likely to be playing some minions over spells.

This is probably not a good idea, but one deck that might like this is Silence Priest. Turn 3 play Mor'shan Watch Post. Your opponent plays one or two minions on turn 4, giving you some extra value. Turn 4 play Focused Will and now your Watch Post is a 3/8 that can trade along with those extra 2/2s. You don't get more 2/2s, but the first pass already got you some decent tempo.

• Me0203's Avatar 635 311 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

This is a very, very, very good card to play on 3. How many cards can remove it at that mana cost? Shadow Word: Pain is gone, so just Devolving Missiles and . . . just that? Coin into Coerce, maybe? 

When you play a Control deck, you're always weighing whether it's worthwhile to take face damage from the ickle tokens or use your board clear, whether you spend resources to save health or spend health to save resources. Just playing this card on curve sets an unprepared (and as discussed, they will almost always be unprepared (thanks Illidan)) opponent back two turns. One turn to kill Mor'shan Watch Post, and then one turn to kill the tokens that were generated in the process. 

Honestly, looking at this card fries my brain. It'll be a core card to a whole host of archetypes, like Tar Creeper but better.

Better call Thrall!

• BloodMefist's Avatar Content Squad Old God Fanatic 715 659 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

The better of the two watch towers for sure. In a world where Lackeys were still around, this would be backbreaking. As is, we'll have to see if the meta is sufficiently dependent on playing minions.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium