New Warlock Spell - Altar of Fire

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago

A new Epic Warlock Spell, Altar of Fire, has been revealed!

Altar of Fire Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Kossrocks's Avatar 375 142 Posts Joined 11/15/2019

If there will be a combo Meta, this will mark the return of anti combo warlock

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1685 1228 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Hate it tbh. Messing with your opponent's deck should not be this easy (yes I do dislike Tickatus as well, thanks for asking).

• Megasharpie's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 350 144 Posts Joined 08/06/2020

Very easy card to use, and to destroy decks. I think it is quite powerful and helps with the warlock deck destroyer archetype. 

At this point I have spent too much money on these games to quit. 

Now pass me another pack, and lets see what I pull. 

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1565 1350 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Oh god, I don't know. They are printing so much support for this "destroy your own deck" Warlock, but what if you burn Neeru Fireblade and he was your win condition?

• coriolis's Avatar 250 122 Posts Joined 07/03/2019

Mostly meme for now, but might become stronger if combo decks dominate.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Wow, what a great and totally not obnoxious way to support selfburn Warlock. Can't wait to win games at random because I happened to burn my opponent's win condition while not even trying to.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• williethesmurf's Avatar 155 159 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

5 stars just because thijs sold it so well

• ArrowSh0t's Avatar 160 141 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

ok i thing discard your deck-lock will really be a thing

• Fedrion's Avatar Maximum Volume 1280 498 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Really strong in a world where soul fragments are a thing, just negating 1 is good, negating 2-3 is incredible and always is a welcome addition to disrupt your opponent deck.

Papa Nurgle wants to share his gifts.

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

For combo decks this is just fire to they're decks .You can kill c'thun pieces also so they can have a bad time or even c'thun.Maybe the no deck warlock can be a thing not a very op deck but one that can be annoying .

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1325 489 Posts Joined 06/14/2019

Interesting card, might be included in several decks. In Wild, this can destroy Reno Priest after the opponent plays Loremaster PolkeltBADCARDNAME. Even without having seen Polkelt, this getting rid of 3 cards from your opponents deck is potentially game breaking to any combo deck.

• Sirgeekalot's Avatar Rexxar 220 139 Posts Joined 01/24/2021

and so Warlock continues down a path or blowin up everyones decks. hard enough to see my cards go with tickatus.

players: Tickatus is mean!

Devs: Hold my beer

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1310 2272 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its either going to be played in miracle warlock along with Neeru Fireblade, or its going to be played simply to shit on the opponent. Either way, I'm not exactly sure why this card need to exist, since Tickatus is bad enough, but to make it a 1 mana card, like c'mon team5.

I can still defend tickatus since a setup is needed and he's a 6 mana dude that doesn't have taunt or rush. But this card is indefensible. Just play it whenever and wherever. Its not like controlock never floats mana anyway.

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

People are gonna cry about this. I don't think a burn-your-own-deck warlock plays this on 1. Wait until the imp guy is in hand, then BURN IT ALL DOWN! HAIL SATAN, or Sargenterass, whatever. BURNINATE! 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1505 1013 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Ohohoooooooo!!!! Will play this in every Warlock! 

-=alfi=-

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1505 1013 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Pezman

Oh god, I don't know. They are printing so much support for this "destroy your own deck" Warlock, but what if you burn Neeru Fireblade and he was your win condition?

Warlock will shuffle a ton of Soul shards into deck so it will destroy them

-=alfi=-

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 735 462 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Ugh, I hate it already. 

Not sure how viable it'll be though. I don't get this "mill yourself" archetype they're pushing for Warlock, it just seems so damaging. What if you burn Neeru Fireblade, or your other win conditions? 

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80, 81, 82

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Altar of Fire is a decent tech card against combo decks, but will only really see consistent play if this new "Deck Destruction Warlock" archetype is good. The support is there, the payoffs are there, but since you'll be putting yourself into fatigue rather quickly, the big question is "can you get out of fatigue to survive long enough to make the payoffs work?" The "Prime Gaming" package is still available, as is Educated Elekk, so maybe there's something there. Regardless, it looks like a fun archetype to play (although maybe not as fun to play against).

• KanzakiGin's Avatar Mankrik 675 155 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

Seems like a meme card

Rogue DH

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium