New Warlock Spell - Impbalming

• Arthas's Avatar 181 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

A new Rare Warlock Spell, Impbalming, has been revealed!

Impbalming Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Saviors of Uldum

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Saviors of Uldum!

• josha's Avatar 1 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

I believe those are 1/1 tokens right?

• Yusuke's Avatar 23 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
  • Icko's Avatar 9 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From josha

Ye

• MalcolmReynolds's Avatar 321 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From josha

yes, 1 mana 1/1 do nothing

I think the card might have potential with the new warlock quest. other than that it seems worthless.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 137 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This seems awful. None of the existing synergies are actually good.

• Yusuke's Avatar 23 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Quote From RandomGuy

Plot Twist, Mountain Giant, Warlock Quest and Rafaam works very well with it, so what are you talking about?

• kaladin's Avatar 137 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

This is weird but looks like it will be fun to try and build around a shuffle mechanic. 

Here are just some of my current decks: Dragon Mech Paladin / Infinite Undatakah

Quote From Yusuke
    Quote From RandomGuy

Plot Twist, Mountain Giant, Warlock Quest and Rafaam works very well with it, so what are you talking about?

Explain to me how drawing useless 1/1's with plot twist is good.
    Explain to me how this has any synergy with Mountain Giant.
    Explain to me why you'd purposely add bad cards to your deck for Rafaam instead of just playing good cards.
    Explain to me why you'd want to add worthless cards to your deck simply to draw more worthless cards for the quest when you could Elek instead.

As we've seen with cards like Prince Malchezaar, adding  random legendary cards to your deck is awful. Adding 1/1's is so much worse than adding a random legendary.

This is going to need some crazy synergy to be worth playing.

• JagBone's Avatar 19 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

How is this weak?! 4 Mana destroy ANY minion. This is far superior compare to that 4 Mana Walk The Plank and 2 Mana cheaper than Siphon Soul.

JagBone's Wild Adventures! Uploads Once a Week. Videos about fun, Wild decks and plays!

YouTube: JagBone| Twitter: JagBone | Instagram: JagBone | Video Thread: Coming Soon...

• Hellmorgar's Avatar 8 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Nice hard removal. Additionaly it delays fatigue.

• ElSabidon's Avatar 58 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

Card seems decent at best. Now, if you could force out the Imps without much tempo loss, it becomes great, otherwise, I just don't see it as good enough to warrant a spot in a deck. It's still better in arena though.

Golden portraits' progress:
    (08/Jun/19) Druid - 466; Hunter - 529; Mage - 370; Paladin - 463; Priest - 306; Rogue - 262; Shaman - 469; Warlock - 461; Warrior - 416
    (19/Jul/19) Druid - 467; Hunter - 541; Mage - 371; Paladin - 477; Priest - 310; Rogue - 274; Shaman - 484; Warlock - 468; Warrior - 417

• Neoguli's Avatar 25 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

Sure, shuffling 3 Worthless Imp to your hand feels... worthless xd, but it's still a nice removal, and you can always use it to either prevent Fatigue for more time or add more fuel to Rafaam. Might see play under right circumstances.

Hearthcards deck creating enthusiast. Also previously known on Hearthpwn as Cooler39140 and Huoyan.

• ColinthePyro's Avatar 7 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Pretty sure you want to play Fel-Lord Betrug in Plot Twist Warlock, and he has anti-synergy with the effect. Still, Warlock is desperate for good removal so this might still see play.

Unpopular opinion: Warrior is boring to play against

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 13 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

I can see this working with Grim Rally and The Soularium in standard aggro decks.  It kills those annoying taunts and gives you worthless crap to destroy and buff everything else.  As for wild, it gives synergy to cards like Dark Bargain and Unwilling Sacrifice decks.  Also not bad with Shriek and similar effects for discard Warlock.  In the end this card might be too fair or slow to see much play in Standard.

• jainaishot's Avatar 13 Posts Joined 06/19/2019

Are you guys drunk or what?This is an UNCONDITIONAL removal for 4 mana! And the drawback might never happen.

So many rank 50 reviews here lol.

• Diablobryan's Avatar 1 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

I think that's the point people are missing.  Some are thinking that it's destroy your OWN minion (ala a lot of Zoo decks now), when you can destroy ANY minion for 4 mana.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar 53 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

With so many things that can sacrifice and buff other parts of the deck, this will be something that can be overlooked and make this card a MUST include in every deck

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 159 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Another "OMG shuffle stuff into decks is important" card this is basically 4 mana Assassinate for warlock the draw back is sort of ok it's sometimes even a benefit most of the time it won't matter at all and be worth.

it can kill a giant on 4.. something that warlock was unable to do. people used to play Blastcrystal Potion so compared to that card, this card is one of the most powerful warlock cards I have seen in a while..

if it added the imps on the top of your deck it would be atrocious but randomly? unless very unlucky you won't care.. hard removal like this is very powerful.. of course it depends on the meta whenever or not this card will be included (if you want to kill big minions early.. currently this card will be played in a handlock deck)

• kingcolor's Avatar 19 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

good in zoo decks, 1 copy of it maybe ? 

because those 1/1 aren't that useless for a zoo deck, since they will be buffed somehow. Also, there is Arch-Villain Rafaam to deal with them in a different way, so there are 2 ways to deal with these worthless imps in a zoo deck. 

Quote From jainaishot

Are you guys drunk or what?This is an UNCONDITIONAL removal for 4 mana! And the drawback might never happen.

Are you drunk? The condition is fucking terrible. It’s make your deck much worse to destroy a minion.

• Chimera's Avatar Senior Moderator Gold Supporter 501 Posts Joined 10/22/2018
    Quote From RandomGuy
    Quote From jainaishot

Are you drunk? The condition is fucking terrible. It’s make your deck much worse to destroy a minion.

Which deck? Sure it could make a deck worse, but having more cards/demons/tokens could make a different deck better. 

• jainaishot's Avatar 13 Posts Joined 06/19/2019
    Quote From RandomGuy
    Quote From jainaishot

Overexaggerating much. This goes in a control shell where you almost always have an a full hand. Even if you draw an imp in the extact next turn which is highly unlikely, you will probably have other plays available and you can always tap. Sure if you draw 3 or 4 imps in a row this card is terrible but that will rarely happen. On average this is 4 mana unconditional removal and that's the end of story.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 159 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From jainaishot

People overestimate deck manipulations look at Void Contract that card got a lot of "meta defining" votes deck manipulation is quite a negligible element of the game yet people always go crazy about those effects, who cares if you have bad draws when you just destroyed a 8/8 and shut down a cyclo mage strategy? it's not like warlock currently can deal with big minions.. the earliest hard removal warlock got access to is syphon soul which is really weak.

Besides warlock having the best hero power for this draw back in drawing more cards, making the Worthless Imp draw not so bad as you can draw another card, if they print more discolock synergy they could just be discard fodder as well.

Also another rating problem with most commenters int he forums is rating for the current meta, that being said I would play this card in the current meta with no problems at all since it's good vs mage and hunter.

• AliRadicali's Avatar 231 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

It looks bad compared to walk the plank at first glance, but: 1. WL cards are typically weaker than those of other classes to compensate for lifetap. 2. Walk the plank would be a maindeck inclusion for most other classes than rogue, rogues are just spoiled for single target removal options.

That said the downside of this card might be a real nuisance in exactly the weird control archtype blizzard are pushing for Warlock; drawlock. Whereas in a normal control vs control game you might even want to shuffle extra cards into your deck to delay fatigue, you really don't want imps interfering with broken Betrug/Dollmaster/Morrigan interactions. Weird timing to print this TBH.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.