Out of Cards Deckbuilding United in Stormwind Giveaway Entry Thread

United in Stormwind
  • Fluxflashor's Avatar Administrator 1780 2337 Posts Joined 10/19/2018
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

G'day! We've got some United in Stormwind mega pack bundles to give out courtesy of Blizzard. We're going to be doing something a little bit different this time around that involved deckbuilding with the new cards.

We are giving away THREE Mega Bundles in total in this giveaway.

How to Enter the Stormwind Deckbuilding Giveaway

1. Create a Hearthstone deck on Out of Cards via our deckbuilder and save it to the site.
      1. Your deck must contain some United in Stormwind cards.
      2. Your deck must have 30 cards in it.
      3. Your deck may be for the Standard or Wild formats.
      4. Your deck may be for any of Hearthstone's 10 classes.
      5. The name of your deck must be descriptive of the archetype.
      6. Your deck must have the "Theorycraft" tag.
      7. You may use an existing deck you have created on the site for United in Stormwind.
    2. Write, at a minimum, a 2 paragraph guide (170-200 words total) to teach players how to play your theorycrafted deck.
      1. Your guide is written after your deck gets saved from the deckbuilder. Click on the "Edit Guide" button on your deck page.
      2. Guide plagiarism is grounds for disqualification.
      3. Try to talk about the new cards and how they work with the archetype.
    3. Embed your saved deck as a reply to this thread using the "BBCode" found above the deck list.

How Winners Will be Chosen

• One bundle will be given away to a deck guide author as chosen by Out of Cards staff.
      • We will be judging the guides and picking the "best" one to receive the bundle.
      • We're ultimately going to pick a guide that does its best to educate the community on their theorycraft deck.
      • Formatting will be considered, so make use of headings, horizontal rules, and other available options where it makes sense.
      • Tips: Do not change the default font sizes or fonts. Do not bold your entire text. Do not use text colors (card bbcode is okay though!). Link cards using card bbcode.
    • Two bundles will be given away randomly to two deck guide authors (one bundle each).
      • All respondents to this thread that follow the above rules will have their name entered once into a list.
      • The list will be inserted into random.org and we will have the site pick two winners for us.
    • The number of upvotes on your deck do not matter, though we do encourage participants to find decks they like from other community members and give them some appreciation using the upvote function.
    • If we find anyone abusing the downvote mechanic on decks, you will be disqualified.
    • Staff are unable to win the bundle that is chosen by staff members.

How Winners Will be Contacted

• We will be contacting winners via private message on Out of Cards.
    • The competition entry period ends on August 2 at 9 AM Eastern.
    • We expect to post the winners list in a news article, and private message the winners, by 11 AM Eastern on August 2.

What is in the Mega Bundle?

• 80 United in Stormwind card packs.
    • 5 Golden United in Stormwind card packs.
    • Battlegrounds Perks.
    • Ve’nari Alternate Battlegrounds Bartender (Pre-Purchase)
    • Lady Katrana Prestor Mage Hero Portrait.
    • 2 random Golden United in Stormwind Legendary cards.
    • Lady Katrana Prestor card back.

Good luck to everyone! We'll also be spotlighting as many decks as it makes sense to inside our United in Stormwind Survival Guide.

Once again, thank you to Blizzard for providing the prizes for this giveaway.

Founder, Out of Cards

Follow me on Twitch and Twitter.
    If you are planning on playing WoW on US realms, consider using my recruit link =)

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1375 2868 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Well, that's nice to know that outofcards will also be part of the new expansion cheer as well. Im glad that the winners will not be chosen based on upvotes or we'll be seeing more of the same with that infamous theorycraft incident back when blizz tried their hand at it.

Here's one of my decks, trying to somehow make the rats in hunter work.

Might post a few more, depending on ideas in my head

• anchorm4n's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 1590 1672 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Very cool idea! I have already preordered so I won't compete, good luck to everyone who does! 

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

• SirDaniel's Avatar Jaina 80 5 Posts Joined 03/12/2021

I am not a good deckbuiler, but Mage is my favorite class and i got like SUPER excited with the new cards they received. Below a fire only Mage deck that i will surely try day 1 (hope it works). 

Edit: Typo

• RetrospecTual's Avatar 105 4 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Good luck everyone who enters! Here is my entry:

• Swizard's Avatar Wizard 840 422 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

I usually like writing guides, but one of my principles is to never post a deck before I test it. Good luck to everyone who competes!

• iiBloodHunter's Avatar 280 9 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
  • ExtraDeathX's Avatar Eldritch Horror 280 35 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Awesome event going on here! Theory crafting has always been one of my favourite things to do before an expansion. So I present to you my Mini-mage miracle rogue! 

• brayanpedraza's Avatar 115 36 Posts Joined 03/12/2021
  • Stockworth's Avatar Darkmaster 300 45 Posts Joined 06/22/2019

Who wants some Spell/Quest Mage? Me!

Well, hopefully you do, too. I love playing Mage, and this deck is here to get you a complete quest by the midgame so that you've got plenty of time to go face with +3 Spell Damage. Check it out, and good luck to all!

Nobody:

Me: Why yes, that is a medieval drawing of a cat licking its own butt 

• rek's Avatar 95 2 Posts Joined 03/28/2020

Is there any specialization in the Warcraft universe more consistently underrated than Feral Druid? You want to play a druid deck that isn't reliant on highrolling overgrowth, a deck that actually plays midgame minions, an aggressive deck that builds a wall? Tired of dying before you get to play the game to all those pesky hunters? What if I told you you could start every game with a card that gains you 18 armor? Those rogues might take your raid spots, but they're going to need a Miracle to burn through this beef.

Interested? Click on through to the card talk for more details.

• HuntardHuntard's Avatar Mailbox Dancer 570 364 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

Your face is already dead

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 740 848 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

My Handlock list which I'm very excited to try out:

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1415 963 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Welll .after posting the deck in the wrong place, I will post it here as well :)

A first attempt to make the Priest questline working.

The deck has a few cards for each mana costs and an assortment of drawing and choose cards.

It also has surviving capability ... not sure if enough to complete the questline and draw the finisher, but for sure this should be fun

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• Eqlivox's Avatar 220 19 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
  • allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 535 671 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I’m not a great deckbuilder and this is my first one on this site. There are probably a lot of improvement to be done so please be nice.  :)

• Moses's Avatar 35 1 Posts Joined 07/29/2021
  • Bandian's Avatar 45 1 Posts Joined 07/31/2021
  • Caro's Avatar Stormwind Historian 1450 1102 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

Actually had quite a lot of fun making this deck. I was super excited when I saw Jace Darkweaver and hoping this deck works out. 

Good luck to everyone else participating in the giveaway! 🍀

• SLima's Avatar The Undying 545 413 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

I have been playing Spell Damage Mage since Scholomance so this new quest gives me hopes that the archetype will finally become more viable for ranked. It will always be fun though.

"True mastery takes dedication."

• This thread is locked and may not be replied to.

Remove Ads - Go Premium