Master Duelist 1.2: From Zero To Hero - Submission Thread

• Avalon's Avatar Content Squad Salty Dog 1270 1379 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

We've got another Twitter submission, and it's a spicy one!

Roost442 was able to get a 12-0 with Soul Demon Hunter!

Passive Treasures Chosen

First pool - All Together Now

Second pool - Rally the Troops

Infernal Strike Card Image Traktamer Aelessa Card Image

Spice Lord and self-proclaimed Meme Master.

• AbusingKel's Avatar Global Moderator 715 274 Posts Joined 02/02/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

On the day the article was published, I jumped right in and built a modified version of my favorite Duels build, Token Demon Hunter.

I believe I'm 4-0 but haven't gone back to it since that day. :( 

My mission tonight is to get back to the game, finish the run, get the screenshots uploaded, and submit an actual entry! Wish me luck. 

Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey Matt, how can we get back on the right track?" 

• AgentCroque's Avatar 70 6 Posts Joined 08/12/2021
    Posted 1 month ago

got 10 Wins in Heroic with corrupt soul Warlock!

Starting treasure: Demonizer

Hero Power: Soulcial Studies

Pool 1: All together now

Pool 2: Battle totem

Proof:

Show Spoiler

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1445 1621 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From AgentCroque

(How on earth do I insert my screenshots here? halp)

You can use the Insert Image button up above the text box (looks like a picture, on the right). You can also copy an Imgur link and post that directly; it will automatically turn into the picture.

Also, welcome to the site :D

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

Posted 1 month ago

I tried that button, does it not work with images from my hard drive or am I doing it wrong? If thats the case guess ill have to upload later. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

• sorryqt's Avatar 75 7 Posts Joined 07/15/2021
    Posted 1 month ago

I decided to give Casual a try and got a 12-1 with this C'Thun Frenzy Warrior.

I went with the full frenzy and armor battlecry package to stave off aggressive decks. The Whirling + Saurfang combo also gives a play against SW:V while often also gaining armor. It's a fun package that fit well. I scored the elusive ATN RtT treasure combo which certainly helped. The only loss was to a Band of Bees Murloc Shaman that was unwinnable. Screenshots below, and I also threw in a fun screenshot from the final boss.

Deck Page: ZtH C'Thun Frenzy Warrior 

Start Deck

Start Deck

Final Boss. Look at me, I'm the Secret Paladin Now!!!

Final Boss Yellow Xmas Tree

Final Result, I caught the screenshot right before the popup that blocks the result.

Final Result

Ending Deck

Ending Deck

Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From sorryqt

I decided to give Casual a try and got a 12-1 with this C'Thun Frenzy Warrior.

I went with the full frenzy and armor battlecry package to stave off aggressive decks. The Whirling + Saurfang combo also gives a play against SW:V while often also gaining armor. It's a fun package that fit well. I scored the elusive ATN RtT treasure combo which certainly helped. The only loss was to a Band of Bees Murloc Shaman that was unwinnable. Screenshots below, and I also threw in a fun screenshot from the final boss.

Deck Page: ZtH C'Thun Frenzy Warrior 

Show Spoiler

Start Deck

Start Deck

Final Boss. Look at me, I'm the Secret Paladin Now!!!

Final Boss Yellow Xmas Tree

Final Result, I caught the screenshot right before the popup that blocks the result.

Final Result

Ending Deck

Ending Deck

Congrats!

Yeah, the Casual end-of-the-run pop up is sooooo annoying!

• sorryqt's Avatar 75 7 Posts Joined 07/15/2021
    Posted 1 month ago

Quote From AgentCroque
    I tried that button, does it not work with images from my hard drive or am I doing it wrong? If thats the case guess ill have to upload later. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

They need to be hosted somewhere on the internet, they can't be linked from the local harddrive. Imgur is the easiest to upload to, then make sure you copy the url to the actual image (ending in .png usually) and paste it in for the source.

Posted 1 month ago

Thanks! I fixed my original post, proof and everything is up.

• revaz142's Avatar 50 6 Posts Joined 08/30/2021
    Posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

got 12-2 at heroic with quest priest (0 quests completed though)

i forgot to take the starting screenshot, i had these cards:

0: Desperate Prayer

1: Seek Guidance

2: Cult Neophyte, Deeprun Engineer, Pandaren Importer

3: Devout Dungeoneer, Entrapped Sorceress, Mankrik, SW:Void

4: Xyrella

5: Loatheb

6: Lightshower Elemental

7: Mutanus

8: Mo'arg Forgefiend

9: N'Zoth, God of the Deep

10: Goldshire Gnoll

• Evilgnomey's Avatar 360 26 Posts Joined 07/21/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

My first ever 12 wins in duels after a number of 11 win runs. Went 12-1 on casual with this Silver Hand Paladin list, got lucky with treasures and buckets but I guess that's what it takes to get to 12 wins.

Show Spoiler

• Evilgnomey's Avatar 360 26 Posts Joined 07/21/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago
    Quote From revaz142

got 12-2 at heroic with quest priest (0 quests completed though)

i forgot to take the starting screenshot, i had these cards:

0: Desperate Prayer

1: Seek Guidance

2: Cult Neophyte, Deeprun Engineer, Pandaren Importer

3: Devout Dungeoneer, Entrapped Sorceress, Mankrik, SW:Void

4: Xyrella

5: Loatheb

6: Lightshower Elemental

7: Mutanus

8: Mo'arg Forgefiend

9: N'Zoth, God of the Deep

10: Goldshire Gnoll

The starting screenshot is most important for proof that the rules in deck building were followed.

Also seems like my result hasn't been added to the leaderboard yet and it's been about 4 days since I posted it now.

• revaz142's Avatar 50 6 Posts Joined 08/30/2021
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Totally agree, i already have 1 valid 12-2 submission so i'm not gonna argue.

Just wanted to share:)

• Aventurin's Avatar Bulbasaur 220 16 Posts Joined 12/05/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Did a heroic run with Paladin and got to 12 - 2 

Inspiration was Avalons Bis Paladin. Swapped Highlord Fordragon for Argent Commander.

also did a 7 - 3 run, not sure if I should post that too

Show Spoiler

https://imgur.com/a/sFTC2BY

https://imgur.com/gallery/lNnxeuW

https://imgur.com/gallery/izKWnI3

I dont know how to share these as images Q.Q

also, how do I prove that it is heroic? 

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Lissandra 1445 1621 Posts Joined 02/09/2019
    Quote From Aventurin

I dont know how to share these as images Q.Q

also, how do I prove that it is heroic? 

Open those images in another tab, and you'll find their direct link. Should end in .png

As for proving it's Heroic, we can tell because the vault handle is glowing blue, allowing you to open it for rewards :) Also the vault background-details look different in general IIRC (the axes in particular: they're gold).

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

Quote From Evilgnomey

Also seems like my result hasn't been added to the leaderboard yet and it's been about 4 days since I posted it now.

I'll mention something to Avalon: he's been busy with exams, so might not have seen it/gotten to it right away.

• Aventurin's Avatar Bulbasaur 220 16 Posts Joined 12/05/2019

ty for your reply :)

im trying to use the function insert/edit image but it doenst seem to work :c

Edit: nvm. now I understand what you mean. i had to manually copy the link when it had .png at the end

also now I feel smarter and stupid at the same time ^^'

Quote From Aventurin

Edit: nvm. now I understand what you mean. i had to manually copy the link when it had .png at the end

Yeah sorry I could have explained that more fully lol >_>

• shaveyou's Avatar 340 197 Posts Joined 06/08/2019

Managed a 12-1 run in Casual, despite one of the worst starter decks I've ever made. Frustratingly, the only loss came at 11-0, and I ended up playing the exact same opponent a second time and winning by the tiniest margin. 

A result of starting to build one deck, then switching to another idea, before finishing with a third, leaving Saurfang orphaned, and the recruit package unreliable. Also, don't try recruit warrior in Duels. Just don't.

Treasures were Pillage the Fallen and Scepter of Summoning. Pillage was a pleasant surprise,  I definitely underrated the value that can come from constantly having a 3/4/5 mana weapon up. Scepter was just horribly broken, partially for allowing coining out Oakheart on 4, which then pulled another 18 mana worth of minions into play.

If I tried it again, I'd drop the whole recruit package, and find something better for the six slot. The high rolls helped, but pulling anything under a 5 drop from them was just horrible. 

Starting Decklist, Final Decklist, final blow on the final boss, and 12 win pop-up in the spoiler.

Show Spoiler

Posted 3 weeks ago

Greetings everyone and thanks for your patience.

As Link already pointed out (thanks!), the last week was quite busy for me, and the free time I had was taken by the recent balance patch, so I wasn't able to pay much attention to this thread. However, I am now back, and I will see what happened in my absence.

Revaz142 - Unfortunately, your Questline Priest submission is not valid. I can see that you could've really built your deck in order to respect the restrictions, but the initial screen rule should not be broken. I try to be as flexible as possible, accepting HSReplay replays and such (even though I shouldn't and, to be correct, I won't from October), but if I were to let this slide then everyone would do the same. Again, I am sorry, because not recognizing someone's efforts feels pretty shitty, but I have little to no decision room here...

Evilgnomey - Congratulations for the Dude Paladin 12er! The submission is valid and will be uploaded in the leaderboard.

Aventurin - Hey there, welcome and congratulations for your feat! I am glad that my pre-made deck was useful for you. Your submission is valid as will be uploaded soon.

shaveyou - Wow, you hit 12-0 with that deck? Incredible! I am very glad to give up the lead to someone as creative as you. GG

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium