Problem with pre-order duplicate protection

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1535 1148 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 23 hours ago

I preordered the Mercenary preorders and in packs I got duplicate legendary mercenaries. 

I believe now I understand where is the problem - most likely wrong technical decision by Blizzard, which caused damage to paying customers.

On the preorder bundles Blizzard stated: "The Lich King Mercenaries Bundle includes a Diamond Legendary Lich King Mercenary and 50 Mercenary packs" (and it was the same description with other preorders).

But this was false advertising. The preorders only contained Diamond Portraits, not Diamond mercenaries, thus they were not included in duplicate protection. If they were really Diamond Mercenaries, not Diamond Portraits, I would get a regular legendary mercenary instead of a duplicate one. But for both Lich King and Diablo packs I purchased I opened a Lich King and Diablo mercenary from a pack (not portrait, the basic mercenary) getting a duplicate instead of a new mercenary. I believe, this is unacceptable.

-=alfi=-

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2909 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 22 hours ago

Yeah, once I opened up my packs it turns out that you can get the same merc but different skins (golden, diamond etc.) so its entirely possible to get the 'same' merc twice.

Just curious. When you got your pre-order lich king, etc. Were those immediately playable, or do you actually have to get the merc before you can play as lich king etc.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1535 1148 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Those were immediately available after Merc launch

-=alfi=-

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2909 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

That's nice to know. Would be a real bummer if it weren't the case.

• TriMay's Avatar 385 96 Posts Joined 01/15/2020
    Posted 3 days, 13 hours ago

Imagine paying over a hundred dollars for the preorders and getting a complete collection 2.5 times instead of 2.5 times more content

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium