Beat That Bounty Boss!

Prince Charming 1855 1097 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

The design is fine and the heroic bosses are indeed beatable. As a matter of fact, I have completed them all in the meantime.

For the Stormpike! » [ 7000 / 7200 ]

Crossroads Historian 630 731 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

The design is fine and the heroic bosses are indeed beatable. As a matter of fact, I have completed them all in the meantime.

How did you beat heroic Lok'holar? I want that equipment but get badly beaten whenever I get to the boss..

I successfully piloted a few builds from this streamer to beat heroic bosses. He really seems to know what he is talking about ^_^

By the way, except for the latest 5 added mercenaries I have all the other mercs fully maxed out, so that might also play a role in the success rate.

2015 1679 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Finally beat Popsicooler with orcs. I found, as always, that the treasures you find make all the difference. Samuro and Rokara both had buffed stats and windfury, plus a horde banner. It was a quick GG. Pretty sure I'd have beaten it on heroic with the power I had on board there.

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

Hero of Warcraft 865 230 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

I know you guys/girls are way further in mercs then I am. Just doing pve side for now and slowly upgrading the mercs in the meantime trying to progress in the bounties.
    So is there any info available about the best party combination to beat bounties. Right now i am just stuck and try to find the best combo.

I'm not online       cat          it's just your imagination

Dragon Scholar 1600 3996 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Quote From Daowen

I know you guys/girls are way further in mercs then I am. Just doing pve side for now and slowly upgrading the mercs in the meantime trying to progress in the bounties.
    So is there any info available about the best party combination to beat bounties. Right now i am just stuck and try to find the best combo.

Fire team. Antonidas/Barongeddon. Third spot is flex, can be rag/mutanus/etc. If you need to grind up strangers, this is by far the best and fastest team to do it.

In terms of viability in beating bosses. Its nature bros all the way. Malfurion/Guff/Brukan. More of less always gets you there unless its a clear unfavored matchup (like facing up fighter bosses). Diablo and Carine is basically almost always in forth and fifth. The sixth spot is up to you. For me its brightwing.

Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From Daowen

Fire team. Antonidas/Barongeddon. Third spot is flex, can be rag/mutanus/etc. If you need to grind up strangers, this is by far the best and fastest team to do it.

In terms of viability in beating bosses. Its nature bros all the way. Malfurion/Guff/Brukan. More of less always gets you there unless its a clear unfavored matchup (like facing up fighter bosses). Diablo and Carine is basically almost always in forth and fifth. The sixth spot is up to you. For me its brightwing.

Thanks for your reply, i keep it in mind :)
    Right now i  am having troubles with Garr, he keeps screwing me over *cries

I'm back again for some advise on Heroic Galvangar. I want that equipment but don't really have any idea on how to beat him. I figure Orcs might be an option but I don't really know how to use them. Beasts maybe with Mukla and Krush?

Indeed Orcs for this specific heroic bounty. Just mimic what this streamer does in his YouTube Mercenaries video guides and you will have your hands in no time on that sweet equipment.

Posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago
    Quote From Daowen

It mostly depends on the boss's class: use Fighter Orcs to beat Casters, use Nature Casters to beat Protectors, etc. I've found the Nature team to be able to handle most difficulties, especially with how your damage scales with Bru'kan. Someone else here already mentioned this too, but Brightwing is fantastic because the AI will almost always focus on her, then you just tap her out. Just pay attention to speeds. Some of those Fighter elementals in Blackrock Mountain do massive damage at speed 3, so maybe have Bru'kan slow that one, so he doesn't shoot right away on turn 2 and Brightwing has time to bounce.

405 161 Posts Joined 08/10/2021

Daowen, I haven't beaten Heroic Garr either. He does have frost weakness, so that is one avenue to try. 

Killing his firesworn one at a time is going to yield less damage, but that Hunting Party treasure (you can get it with a beast party) might help more. 

I hope y'all noticed that a couple of heroic bounties have had their difficulty lowered. This time I easliy beat Galvangar on the first attempt. :) 

Yesss finally managed to beat Garr (normal).
    Went on with the next one without problems. But then, Oh my, Major Domo.....sigh that will take a bit too it looks like

For those of you steadily grinding out those daily tasks, I wanted to share a couple things I've noticed (just in case you haven't):

-tasks asking you to "deal X damage"or "kill X minions" do not require that specific merc in your party

-If it says "Complete 2 heroic bounties" you need that merc in your party, but if it says "defeat 2 heroic bosses" you don't (difference is "complete" vs "defeat")

That's it for now. I hope you all find many "mysterious strangers"!

405 161 Posts Joined 08/10/2021

Feels like the language of the tasks could be much clearer. I end up checking after the first fight to make sure progress is actually happening. 

And in the last patch, I noticed that the Mysterious Stranger now shows the 3 task options when you hover. Maybe that worked the whole time on desktop, but now it works on mobile. So nice! 

Posted 4 months, 1 week ago

Does anyone know how "Heal Power" works? It seems to increase healing, but I can't find anyplace where it specifically explains how. The Balinda bounty kicked my ass twice because she set my Mercs to 1 health and I didn't yet know how to use that against her. Anduin's Holy Nova did the trick on my third try.

Hero of Warcraft 760 730 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 4 months, 1 week ago

Heal power is a keyword just like Spell damage is, but instead it increases your healing abilities by 1 for each stack

Posted 3 months, 3 weeks ago

I am strugling with The General in BRM. Watched videos and tried different setups but no luck so far. 
    Losing mercs before i am even there as well.
    I have the idea i need more maxed out mercenaries for this to get it done.

Am i right in this or what do you suggest to get it done?

Dragon Scholar 1600 3996 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Quote From Daowen

I am strugling with The General in BRM. Watched videos and tried different setups but no luck so far. 

Just curious, what team are you running in BRM anyway? The enemies there aren't usually too bad, definitely not as bad as winterspring.

In non heroic, its easy enough to just snipe off general Drak with a caster team and then sweep the two dragons away with protectors if you lose your first team. Gruul is unusually good in BRM and is good against this boss too. An ideal team would be using nature bros, which will just destroy this boss.

There are some enemies in BRM that you can easily ignore and then there's those you need to kill quickly, usually stuff that do DOT, like core hounds. Would be good to have some healers handy. Nature bros double duties this area because Malfurion allows free heals per attack and can easily deal with most bosses.

1635 1615 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Daowen

You can try some general-purpose strategies to trivialise it. In particular, if you have Scabbs and/or Valeera you can keep trying 'til one of them gets the Assassinate 2 treasure from an Elite encounter. That will insta-kill one of the 3 boss characters at the start, making things a lot easier.

To get there without mercs dying, it helps to bring Gruul with his fire resistance equipment. Even if it's not maxed out, having any fire resistance will save you a lot of health and make it safer to put casters out against Fire Sworn.

Good luck!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.