Beat That Bounty Boss!

• DragonDraena's Avatar 405 163 Posts Joined 08/10/2021
    Posted 4 months ago

The General's troops have major fire resistance, and can't be frozen, so that's a few comps sidelined. 

He has such powerful healing, that I think my next attempt (my Orc team just got their butts kicked on Heroic) will include Tamsin for her Veil Of No Healing ability. 

I lost a couple Mercs on the climb also - those Immolate abilities snuck up on me!  I think I'll be more aggressive with my healing and maybe give the Holy/Shadow gang a whirl. 

• Daowen's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 920 230 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From Daowen

I am strugling with The General in BRM. Watched videos and tried different setups but no luck so far. 
    Losing mercs before i am even there as well.
    I have the idea i need more maxed out mercenaries for this to get it done.

Am i right in this or what do you suggest to get it done?

Just curious, what team are you running in BRM anyway? The enemies there aren't usually too bad, definitely not as bad as winterspring.

I tried with Xyrella, Malfurion, Brukan, King Mukla, Cairne and Samuro

Then replace Cairne and Samuro for Anduin and Velen.
    I can remember I had Gruul in there before, no idea why i took it out....scratches head

Anyway thanks guys/girls for advice, I will keep on trying.

I'm not online       cat          it's just your imagination

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1650 4015 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From Daowen
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From Daowen

I am strugling with The General in BRM. Watched videos and tried different setups but no luck so far. 
    Losing mercs before i am even there as well.
    I have the idea i need more maxed out mercenaries for this to get it done.

Am i right in this or what do you suggest to get it done?

Just curious, what team are you running in BRM anyway? The enemies there aren't usually too bad, definitely not as bad as winterspring.

I tried with Xyrella, Malfurion, Brukan, King Mukla, Cairne and Samuro

Then replace Cairne and Samuro for Anduin and Velen.
    I can remember I had Gruul in there before, no idea why i took it out....scratches head

Anyway thanks guys/girls for advice, I will keep on trying.

You really should just get liferoot staff on Malfurion and go full nature bros, Malfurion/Guff/Brukan. Absolutely absurd damage from guff just destroys red bosses.

Xyrella is a good choice, because she deals well with many of BRM's DOT enemies like core hound. I'd personally have Xyrella/Gruul/Brightwing as my secondary. Or if you dont have brightwing, you can just go either cariel/mutanus for taunt or Chi-ji for heal.

• Pezman's Avatar 2035 1679 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Ok, so I'm playing through the new bounties that just dropped, and I noticed something funny: the SI:7 dudes are all labeled "Human" even though, looking at the art, one of them is obviously a Night Elf and one is either a Gnome or Dwarf. That, plus Gruul still has no label, despite the fact that he's a Gronn. Just seems lazy to me. I wish they'd focus on fixing the game as is (like the coin issue) instead of adding all this new content so quickly. 

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

I've posted here before about using Cookie to grind out onerous tasks like "destroy X minions with Devilsaur (or other summoned minion)". Just want to add to that: if it's not too late, DO NOT upgrade Cookie's Fishing ability to level 4. If you do, the swordfish does 15 damage instead of 12, which will kill any other summoned fish. This means you cannot grind out kills endlessly. 

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1635 1620 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Pezman

I've posted here before about using Cookie to grind out onerous tasks like "destroy X minions with Devilsaur (or other summoned minion)". Just want to add to that: if it's not too late, DO NOT upgrade Cookie's Fishing ability to level 4. If you do, the swordfish does 15 damage instead of 12, which will kill any other summoned fish. This means you cannot grind out kills endlessly. 

I held off upgrading Cookie's Fishing to level 5 for a while because of this, and when I finally maxed it out I expected to have shot myself in the foot. But tbh I wasn't very bothered by it in the end. A lot of the tasks cookie helps with are still about as easy, since you can just not attack the Swordfish. It only really messes with tasks involving uncontrolled attacks that don't end up killing everything anyway, but even then I found it no more tedious grinding them across multiple fights than picking on fish within one.

So I guess my point is it may be optimal to stay at level 4, but it's not as big a deal as it first looks. Certainly the added effectiveness when not grinding can be argued to win out on balance, even if it's primarily just for the extra +1/+5 stats for maxing Cookie out.

Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From Pezman

I held off upgrading Cookie's Fishing to level 5 for a while because of this, and when I finally maxed it out I expected to have shot myself in the foot. But tbh I wasn't very bothered by it in the end. A lot of the tasks cookie helps with are still about as easy, since you can just not attack the Swordfish. It only really messes with tasks involving uncontrolled attacks that don't end up killing everything anyway, but even then I found it no more tedious grinding them across multiple fights than picking on fish within one.

So I guess my point is it may be optimal to stay at level 4, but it's not as big a deal as it first looks. Certainly the added effectiveness when not grinding can be argued to win out on balance, even if it's primarily just for the extra +1/+5 stats for maxing Cookie out.

Right, I said level 4 and meant level 5. I think you're correct entirely. The task I was working on was Kurtrus' "kill 75 minions with Aimless Assault" so I had no control over which target he hit.

It's also frustrating how unbalanced the tasks are. For example, I think everyone's final task is "deal 450 damage to heroic bosses." As the final task, it should be harder, but that's a piece of cake. On the other hand, the Kurtrus one was PAINFUL. You have to use an ability with cooldown and you can't choose the target. It took SO MUCH grinding. Same is true for any task you need to use summoned minions like Krush's devilsaur or Mukla's brother.

Quote From Pezman
    It's also frustrating how unbalanced the tasks are. For example, I think everyone's final task is "deal 450 damage to heroic bosses." As the final task, it should be harder, but that's a piece of cake. On the other hand, the Kurtrus one was PAINFUL. You have to use an ability with cooldown and you can't choose the target. It took SO MUCH grinding. Same is true for any task you need to use summoned minions like Krush's devilsaur or Mukla's brother.

Yeah, there are some serious grinds in a few of them. I've now completed all the tasks for every merc that wasn't released a couple of weeks ago, and recall a few that just baffled me as to why they set the number so high. Warmaster Voone had one that required you to kill 2 enemies with Axe Throw... 150 times! For an ability capped at 8 damage due to having no spell school, and requiring setup just to get that far, it was ridiculous.

I think mercs they've added later have been less bad though. Long'xin had a similar task for her Celestial Breath ability (both were task 17 I think) that only required dealing 40 damage to neighbors, which was soooooo much easier. That said, I was a bit confused why her task 16 (likewise for Chi-Ji) was to deal 500 damage to heroic bosses, when they kept the same task 18 as everyone else. As you said, it's not that bad and probably quicker than the usual task 16 of dealing 900 damage to role X, but it was weird.

I thought the most annoying task so far was one of Jaina's: destroy N enemies with Water Elemental. 

Not just summon the things, but make sure they get the kill shot. Cookie's target dummies would have sped this up, but still irritating. 

Also the Voone one you mentioned, ugh. 

• Ushinomimi's Avatar 330 25 Posts Joined 07/13/2019

Destroying enemies is easily done in Felwood on Furbolg Totemics and you can you use Cookie's skill as additional targets. For me most annoying tasks would be FreezeElf's deal 200 damage with ice lance and Grom's oneshot 95 enemies.

• ChahDresh's Avatar 230 96 Posts Joined 11/21/2020
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Since we're complaining about tasks here, there's a stark difference between some of the old and new. Like, one of Eudora's high-level tasks (17 I think) was deal 80 damage to heroic bosses. Not 800. 80. By contrast, Alex's task 17 is "Destroy 40 enemies using Dragonqueen's Gambit"-- you know, a variable-damage ability on a two-turn cooldown. You can't even do the old Cookie-sploit and farm fish with it, because Gambit can't hurt them. Ugh.

Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah, I tackled that one in Alterac Valley - the summoned wolves are good targets for Gambit. 

Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

We can put some N'Zoth event tips in this thread, you know, help Avalon out with those guides. 

I completed Task 2: ice-free Ice Howl with dragons. Longxin's ability to swap places is very helpful for getting the boss to damage the starter ice blocks. 

Nzoth task 1;

Just put any murloc in your team. Dont have to play it

Nzoth task 2;

You can just play cookie. Spawning the fishes will prevent the game from ending as we know, and you can finish off the ice blocks to your heart's desire before ending the game.

I did it with nature bros. Get rid of icehowl early, spawn fish, kill off cookie and then bring in the big guns to finish off the ice blocks.

Nzoth task 3

All this means is you cant use the naaru shard to do anything useful . A fairly trivial requirement with nature bros. Otherwise you might have to rely on alternative healing sources like anacondra, alexstrasza, etc.

• Avalon's Avatar Content Admin Salty Dog 1470 1832 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From DragonDraena

We can put some N'Zoth event tips in this thread, you know, help Avalon out with those guides. 

Hey, thanks so much! Btw, the first two guides are pretty much ready, and we just need to push them. The same could be said about the third one, but some stupid (some fucking stupid) bug doesn't allow me to play the Mi'da Bounty.

If you all are having success with specific comps, make sure to post them here, so that I can include them in the site guides - community comps are great!

Spice Lord and self-proclaimed Meme Master.

• You can follow me on Twitter - I am always active and you can tag me to highlight your (or someone else's) 12 wins Duels run or really anything Hearthstone-related!
    • Hearthstone Battletag: beppe946#2807 (EU)
    Quote From dapperdog

Nzoth task 3

All this means is you cant use the naaru shard to do anything useful . A fairly trivial requirement with nature bros. Otherwise you might have to rely on alternative healing sources like anacondra, alexstrasza, etc.

I may have forgotten what the Mi'da boss involved, and took a fire team with all its healing coming from Chi-ji... who was the one merc I foolishly let die on the way there. Fortunately you can whittle Mi'da down entirely with the naaru shard while only healing with its nature ability, but it's not advisable :P

• syrcuz's Avatar 60 19 Posts Joined 05/12/2022

Having a ton of trouble with N'zoth task 3. I have never beaten Mi'da before. My current strategy is to hope to get the Assasination treasure with Kazakus or Scabb (dont have Valeera) by the time i get there, but for some reason the demon encounters on the way there keep smoking me...I see a lot of advice for the nature bros but i dont have malfurion, only guff and brukan. Any advice to deal with those encounters? and also for farming mercs in general since i might be unaware of certain tricks.

I totally messed up with the Naaru shard on task 3 the first time (hey, at least I can get in, lol). I selected a team with no holy abilities, I carefully avoided holy treasures on the climb, and yep, first turn with the shard I picked its holy ability. Whoops! 

I ran it with my Nature crew too, but there are so many demons on the climb that I see the value of including Kurtrus.

While you only need to bring one murloc to Darkshore, you might as well bring as many as you have, because there are lots of enemies that buff all murlocs. I think that's going to be the case for the rest of Darkshore. Mggrgll! 

Quote From syrcuz

Having a ton of trouble with N'zoth task 3. I have never beaten Mi'da before. My current strategy is to hope to get the Assasination treasure with Kazakus or Scabb (dont have Valeera) by the time i get there, but for some reason the demon encounters on the way there keep smoking me...I see a lot of advice for the nature bros but i dont have malfurion, only guff and brukan. Any advice to deal with those encounters? and also for farming mercs in general since i might be unaware of certain tricks.

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the easiest way to finish up task 3. There are other comps you can try;

- Dragon build with Alexstrasza/brightwing/Yulon or Brightwing/Sinestra/Yulon. Yolun's treasure allows for some passive damage reduction while also having abilities that either taunt or give dragons health. Its also useful to note that Sinestra (and nefarion) can get a passive that grants 20 health to dragons. Just wittle away the trash mobs and heal with brightwing for the win.

- ChiJi/Trigore/Cornelius. The nice thing is that ChiJi's heal ability doesn't have a cooldown so you can just spam it. A bit squishy, which is why Cornelius is here. Trigore can just backlash all day while cornelius plays defense. Its nice that the naaru shard synergizes with ChiJi's heal abilities.

As for the climb, you can easily use dragon comp as long as you have sinestra. There's nothing really noteworthy except most of them are demons so Kurtrus generally does well here.

• syrcuz's Avatar 60 19 Posts Joined 05/12/2022

that should help, thanks. , i have nefarion, sinestra and yulon but lack the healing dragons which sucks but i might give it a shot anyway if nothing else works. Here's hoping i just find the right mercs in the packs i am gonna get

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.