Beat That Bounty Boss!

Ice Rager 835 630 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 14 hours ago
    Quote From syrcuz

Having a ton of trouble with N'zoth task 3. I have never beaten Mi'da before. My current strategy is to hope to get the Assasination treasure with Kazakus or Scabb (dont have Valeera) by the time i get there, but for some reason the demon encounters on the way there keep smoking me...I see a lot of advice for the nature bros but i dont have malfurion, only guff and brukan. Any advice to deal with those encounters? and also for farming mercs in general since i might be unaware of certain tricks.

I beat it with a beast-heavy comp, which includes Chi-Ji, Anacondra, and Brightwing as the main healers, and Trigore, Niuzao, and Cornelius for offense/defense. It took me two tries, because the first time I beat it, I accidentally used the Holy healing spell from the shard in the main boss fight. 

The road towards Mi'da is what I find really tough though. I hate facing those different voids along the way, especially the one that damages your Mercs for each non-Holy ability they have and grants all of those abilities 1 cooldown. Just incredibly frustrating to beat. 

60 13 Posts Joined 05/12/2022
    Posted 4 days, 11 hours ago

also, unrelated, but is there a fast way to level up mercs? my method right now is to bring low level mercs in a team without playing them vs easy high level bounties, but id love to hear if theres a more efficient method

Prince Charming 1820 1088 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 4 days, 10 hours ago

I do not think there is a more efficient way. I grind the toughest (or latest) heroic bounty out there using the most efficient fire comp (Balinda Stonehearth + Baron Geddon + Ragnaros) and leave the new mercs sitting on the bench. N'Zoth was level 30 within just a few hours and after completing all his 18 tasks and 6 special event bounties, he is now only 8 upgrades away from max level.

It'll Be Done in No Time! » [ 150 / 500 ]

Pirate King 2005 1652 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From syrcuz

also, unrelated, but is there a fast way to level up mercs? my method right now is to bring low level mercs in a team without playing them vs easy high level bounties, but id love to hear if theres a more efficient method

Have you bought the training grounds? You can level 2 mercs at a time up to level 30, only takes about 2 days.

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

Quote From Pezman
    Quote From syrcuz

Have you bought the training grounds? You can level 2 mercs at a time up to level 30, only takes about 2 days.

yeah i have it maxed out. it helps.
    honestly my main trouble right now is just having to work with unoptimal mercs. Dont have a lot of the big boys yet

Quote From Tetsuo
    Quote From syrcuz

Having a ton of trouble with N'zoth task 3. I have never beaten Mi'da before. My current strategy is to hope to get the Assasination treasure with Kazakus or Scabb (dont have Valeera) by the time i get there, but for some reason the demon encounters on the way there keep smoking me...I see a lot of advice for the nature bros but i dont have malfurion, only guff and brukan. Any advice to deal with those encounters? and also for farming mercs in general since i might be unaware of certain tricks.

I beat it with a beast-heavy comp, which includes Chi-Ji, Anacondra, and Brightwing as the main healers, and Trigore, Niuzao, and Cornelius for offense/defense. It took me two tries, because the first time I beat it, I accidentally used the Holy healing spell from the shard in the main boss fight. 

The road towards Mi'da is what I find really tough though. I hate facing those different voids along the way, especially the one that damages your Mercs for each non-Holy ability they have and grants all of those abilities 1 cooldown. Just incredibly frustrating to beat. 

Genuinely the most annoying task i had to deal with (heroic probably has worse to offer but i havent tried it yet). The voids abuse your lack of holy abilities, which you are forced to have to beat the task, so it just sucks.

Face Collector 470 47 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 4 days, 5 hours ago

A little heads-up: event task 6 is bugged. I've completed it twice already, definitely triggering the appropriate number of deathrattles in the boss fight and still... no reward.

After reading into it a bit, I've found that the current advice seems to be to avoid nodes and boons (and potentially elite fights) on your climb. Yeah, it's this again.

Content Admin Salty Dog 1450 1725 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 days, 5 hours ago

Hello everyone. In case you're interested we started publishing site guides for the N'Zoth event - the first one's already live, and more is coming in the upcoming hours/day!

Edit: task #2 guide is live!

While our guides may have a wider reach, we love the fact that our community gathered together, helping each other through every obstacle one may find - keep going everyone ;)

Spice Lord and self-proclaimed Meme Master.

390 145 Posts Joined 08/10/2021
    Posted 3 days, 14 hours ago

I was struggling to beat Dragonbone Golem, and then finally got it with a Frost team... and no task completion. So I either didn't trigger quite enough deathrattles or the boon bug got me. 

Will be trying again, maybe throw Kazakus in there and score his final equipment. 

That task involving Corrupted Viscera looks tough. Anyone manage that trick yet? 

1595 1562 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 14 hours ago
    Quote From DragonDraena

That task involving Corrupted Viscera looks tough. Anyone manage that trick yet? 

I will try it out later, but I guess we can let Cookie fill the opponent's board with harmless fish while we buff up minions big enough to do 100+ damage at once. 

Posted 3 days, 13 hours ago

this is probably a very dumb question so i apologize but i Really need Malfurion. Is there a way to directly aquire a merc you dont have yet, or do you just have to get lucky with pack pulls? 

NEVERMIND I JUST BEAT THE TASK WITH ILLIDAN AND KURTHUS SOMEHOW

Prince Charming 1820 1088 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From DragonDraena

I will try it out later, but I guess we can let Cookie fill the opponent's board with harmless fish while we buff up minions big enough to do 100+ damage at once. 

That is exactly how I completed this task and is I think the easiest way to tackle these kind of recurring tasks in the future and beyond.

It'll Be Done in No Time! » [ 150 / 500 ]

Dragon Scholar 1590 3871 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 12 hours ago
    Quote From DragonDraena

I was struggling to beat Dragonbone Golem, and then finally got it with a Frost team... and no task completion. So I either didn't trigger quite enough deathrattles or the boon bug got me. 

The conditions are bugged or the wording is all wrong. There's plenty of discussion but after about 3 tries I finally got it. There's a possibility that you have to trigger 10 deathrattles in one turn, not the entire game.

So just let dragonbone fill up his board, then he'll use an ability that grants all minions a deathrattle. After that you may safely AoE all the skeletons away. That's how I did it, not sure if it'll work a second time.

Used a holy team with cornelius. Nearly impossible for the boss to kill your side as you wait for him to setup everything just right. Infuriating to say the least.

Posted 3 days, 10 hours ago

My Frost team just beat Dragonbone Golem again, and now I have all of the Kazakus equipment, still no task completion. 

Had a full board of undead, plus 2 of my golems had deathrattles, plus something else, so definitely 10 rattles triggered, though maybe not all in one turn. 

Took one spirit healer, and one elite fight, no other boons or nodes. Dammit. 

Well, I can't keep throwing myself against a brick wall, so will have to circle back to this after a bug fix or a better workaround. 

315 24 Posts Joined 07/13/2019
    Posted 3 days, 9 hours ago

Bounty is definitely bugged, tried to do it with NatureBros and added Kazakus + Drek'Thar into party to open their equipment, Kazakus got "Assassinate 2" treasure and what do you know - killed Golem with it.

It still completed the task somehow.

Posted 2 days, 14 hours ago

The fix is in for the Golem bounty, as well as for the event timer. So if your timer (visible on the task screen) says 17ish days instead of 1 hour, you are good to go. 

I'm off to build a wall of fish, and throw some Viscera at them. Eeewww....

315 24 Posts Joined 07/13/2019
    Posted 2 days, 11 hours ago

Next bounty is bugged too and also i need to read abilities descriptions better. I thought that N'zoth blows up all minions at once, not one by one.

I used viscera when i had 3 minions 33/~50 and two enemies on board, first minion blew up, killed both enemies and task was completed dunno how. Only used viscera once in the fight.

Pirate King 2005 1652 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 days, 10 hours ago
    Quote From syrcuz

this is probably a very dumb question so i apologize but i Really need Malfurion. Is there a way to directly aquire a merc you dont have yet, or do you just have to get lucky with pack pulls? 

This is the thing about Mercenaries that really frustrates me. You can craft them once you've earned enough of their coins, but that can take a lot of grinding (especially for legendaries). Plus, then you have no coins left to upgrade them. I am currently only missing 4 Mercs, and I have 1300-1500 coins for each one, but I'm holding off on the craft so that I can upgrade their abilities if I get lucky enough to unpack them. That's been working pretty well for me.

Slightly related topic: I feel like they said there was no non-duplicate rule for Mercs, but I have yet to unpack a repeat Merc, and I only get portraits for rares and epics, which I already own all. Every time I am lucky enough to unpack a legendary, it's a new one. Am I just super lucky? Or is there in fact a non-duplicate rule after all?

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

1595 1562 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 days, 8 hours ago
    Quote From Pezman
    Slightly related topic: I feel like they said there was no non-duplicate rule for Mercs, but I have yet to unpack a repeat Merc, and I only get portraits for rares and epics, which I already own all. Every time I am lucky enough to unpack a legendary, it's a new one. Am I just super lucky? Or is there in fact a non-duplicate rule after all?

There is a non-duplicate rule, but it's kinda convoluted. I'm pretty sure there are two distinct things you need to look at in each pack: the merc slot and the coin slots possibly being replaced with mercs.

The merc slot will be a legendary once every 20 packs (with no pity timer, grr), an epic once every 5, and a rare otherwise. If you don't own all the mercs of whatever rarity you land on, it will do non-duplicate things and give you one you don't own. If you do own them all, I think it picks one completely at random, giving a portrait if you don't have all of them for that merc, and coins otherwise. Note it doesn't go through any non-duplicate process when picking mercs in this case.

As for the coin slots, they have some small chance of being turned into a merc, either a portrait or a base version if you happen to not have it yet. There's no duplicate protection here though, and you very probably get a few portraits this way before owning every merc of the corresponding rarity. When this happens it looks like duplicate protection is broken, but it's actually fine and just doesn't apply here.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.