Beat That Bounty Boss!

• syrcuz's Avatar 60 19 Posts Joined 05/12/2022
    Posted 3 months ago

not a task bounty but any tips to fight Lokholar in altrec valley? Just trying to get to rotimer but i am stuck here.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1670 4231 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From syrcuz

not a task bounty but any tips to fight Lokholar in altrec valley? Just trying to get to rotimer but i am stuck here.

If you got velen and anduin, you can try holy comp which will probably get you there. Or a beast comp with king krush and mukla can cheese this fight.

I havent tried it yet, but there's a possibility that if you have very strong taunt mercs (cornelius and mutanus are probably the strongest) you should be able to easily cheese this with trigore. Worth a try. Especially since its on budget.

Maybe cornelius/trigore/xyrella would be optimal and budget friendly.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From syrcuz

If you got velen and anduin, you can try holy comp which will probably get you there. Or a beast comp with king krush and mukla can cheese this fight.

I havent tried it yet, but there's a possibility that if you have very strong taunt mercs (cornelius and mutanus are probably the strongest) you should be able to easily cheese this with trigore. Worth a try. Especially since its on budget.

i have all of those except Mukla. How would trigore cheese it? right now i am just abusing the monstrous heart treasure, is that it?

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From syrcuz
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From syrcuz

i have all of those except Mukla. How would trigore cheese it? right now i am just abusing the monstrous heart treasure, is that it?

Just set trigore in the center and spam backlash while having at least one taunt. Since lokholar attacks multiple times per turn you're essentially pouring damage into him as long as you can keep cornelius up. Just get xyrella to reduce lokholar's damage whenever he's attacking, otherwise keep cornelius healthy.

You dont need monstrous heart. Just ensure that your taunt stays alive and take any treasure that increases trigore's attack.

But if I understand correctly, if you have velen and anduin, then this should be a cake walk with holy comp. Velen/Anduin/Xyrella/Cornelius are the mainstay here.

Posted 3 months ago

alright thanks for the advice!

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From syrcuz
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From syrcuz

Just set trigore in the center and spam backlash while having at least one taunt. Since lokholar attacks multiple times per turn you're essentially pouring damage into him as long as you can keep cornelius up. Just get xyrella to reduce lokholar's damage whenever he's attacking, otherwise keep cornelius healthy.

You dont need monstrous heart. Just ensure that your taunt stays alive and take any treasure that increases trigore's attack.

But if I understand correctly, if you have velen and anduin, then this should be a cake walk with holy comp. Velen/Anduin/Xyrella/Cornelius are the mainstay here.

nevermind trigore strat doesnt work. lokholar swarms the field with enemies that are all faster than trigore/cornelius/xirella and smoke them. Lokholar doesnt even go down 100 health. I guess im just gonna try other stuff until i find malfurion/anduin to finish the op comps

• Pezman's Avatar 2035 1685 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I'm trying to beat Heroic Drek'Thar to unlock Balinda's equipment. He just keeps kicking my ass. Anyone have a suggestion for this one? I own all Mercs except Rexxar, Garrosh, Sylvanas and Gul'Dan.

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From Pezman

I'm trying to beat Heroic Drek'Thar to unlock Balinda's equipment. He just keeps kicking my ass. Anyone have a suggestion for this one? I own all Mercs except Rexxar, Garrosh, Sylvanas and Gul'Dan.

Most optimal in my opinion is fire team because of the boost you get from one of the minions. Focus fire on the statue boosting drekthar's speed. Once the statue is dead, you should be on your way to a win courtesy of geddon's massive AoE.

I think I went with Antonidas/Geddon/Cornelius, mainly because cornelius has a good chance of getting a defensive passive over the better taunt in mutanus. ChiJi/Rag for replacement in case antonidas goes down. If Geddon goes down early this might just be unwinnable, unless the statue is dead.

Haven't went there with any other comp, but heroic drekthar is insanely difficult and there's really not many caster teams that can realistically take down the statue fast enough.

• DragonDraena's Avatar 430 187 Posts Joined 08/10/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

I'm stuck at Murlocs vs Popsicooler. A team that's half Murlocs and half Dragons just isn't good enough to take these things down. Didn't get anywhere with Fire or Nature either. 

I try to reduce the health of the cart first, but the damage from the rest of the bosses wipes out my team. 

Gonna try Orcs next, I guess. Am I missing something? 

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1695 1667 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From DragonDraena

I'm stuck at Murlocs vs Popsicooler. A team that's half Murlocs and half Dragons just isn't good enough to take these things down. Didn't get anywhere with Fire or Nature either. 

I try to reduce the health of the cart first, but the damage from the rest of the bosses wipes out my team. 

I managed it with murlocs and fire, thanks largely to Murky getting the Assassinate 2 treasure from Elite encounters (it makes no sense thematically, but he does). As long as he hits something useful it makes things a lot easier. Obviously he can hit the boss itself, but for me he hit the fighter ally, which simplified my choices as I only had to defend against casters afterwards. So if you weren't already using him, you can try switching your murlocs up to include Murky.

I was also running Chi-ji to simultaneously provide fire damage to keep the ice cream cart's health low and keep the team alive. Popsicooler is pretty limited in what it can do while the cart is on low health, so I just ground it out slowly without taking any risks once the allies were taken out.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From DragonDraena

There's a very old (and crucially budget) build with rokara/samuro/grom. Rokara with the treasure that boost her offensive rally and grom with sash. The key is to get windfury on samuro  and you'll be able to comfortably take down popsicooler in turn 2.

Turn 1, you may destroy the cart, doesn't matter. Turn 2, rokara turns on offensive rally, grom hits popsicooler with shattering slam, and then completely destroy that shit with samuro attacking 4 times. After popsicooler is dead, all else is just fluff.

The problem is of course that you need windfury on samuro or otherwise its going to take 1 more turn and a huge dose of luck. Your backup can easily be murloc build, Murkeye/mutanus/murky (if you have him upgraded this becomes a whole lot easier) or morgl, which is fully capable of taking down popsicooler too, but needs some luck as well. As a backup though, they're still pretty solid.

• aposteljoe's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_600_HS 1165 644 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From DragonDraena

I've been ill the last few days and wanted to start this task with a clear mind. So I delayed it until today because I heard that a lot of people have trouble with this. 

I did it first try with the following comp:

[email protected] Elemental (4) Skills: 5-4-3
    [email protected] of .. (4) Skills: 5-5-5 (not maxed)
    [email protected] Rune (4) Skills: 5-5-4
    [email protected] to Krill (3) Skills: 3-2-2
    Old [email protected] Wand - maxed
    [email protected] Armor (4) Skills: 5-5-5 (not maxed)

I climbed with fire. Treasures = 2x Elemental Studies, Pyroblast on Rag, Murky 2 spead faster, the other Murlocs got nothing of importance (like full belly and the 2cooldown spell to get less dmg). I picked up a Boon Fighter though giving every Fighter +10 Atk. Credits for the Murloc and equipment selection go to YT user XxDarkMatterx1 (who commented on Old Guardian)

In the Boss fight I started with all green Murlucs placing Murky in the Middle to react on t2 according to the damage. I focused Popsi and ignored the Trolley. I made sure that at least two Murlocs are protected with Divine Shield in the turn where Popsi does dmg equal to Trolley Health. I guessed wrong and lost my Mutanus. Replaced it with Balinda to keep killing the Popsi. The Frost Elemental kept the highest threat in check and the rest killed popsi. I added Rag after Murky died to kill the green and from there it was a easy.

Posted 3 months ago

I just discovered a nice little "cheat" for everyone's Task 18: Deal 450 damage to heroic bosses. You can grind Bounty One super quick and easy, then face the boss with Trigore and Deathwing and any shooter in slot 3 (I'm currently using Balinda). Backlash on turn 1, maybe throw some damage at the healer doesn't matter. Turn 1, Backlash again, shoot the boss with whoever your third merc is, then attack with Deathwing. DW deals his attack damage plus his combo, then Trigore shoots him, then the boss hits all of your mercs in reaction to being attacked, and Trigore shoots him 2 more times. I dealt over 200 damage to the poor bastard who only had 60 to start with. With a little luck, you can clear the task in 2 fights.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From Pezman

I just discovered a nice little "cheat" for everyone's Task 18: Deal 450 damage to heroic bosses. You can grind Bounty One super quick and easy, then face the boss with Trigore and Deathwing and any shooter in slot 3 (I'm currently using Balinda). Backlash on turn 1, maybe throw some damage at the healer doesn't matter. Turn 1, Backlash again, shoot the boss with whoever your third merc is, then attack with Deathwing. DW deals his attack damage plus his combo, then Trigore shoots him, then the boss hits all of your mercs in reaction to being attacked, and Trigore shoots him 2 more times. I dealt over 200 damage to the poor bastard who only had 60 to start with. With a little luck, you can clear the task in 2 fights.

I do it with Vanndar and a Merc whitch can damage your own stuff. Shoot at Vanndar to get him as low on health as possible. Then use Avatar on the Boss. It may not be 200 dmg, but I combine this with the "Complete x (heroic) Bounties" task for other Mercs. So it does not matter if it takes 2,3 or 4 runs.

More than 150 dmg is guaranteed turn 3, but you could delay it right to do more damage by using the first Avatar on the blue add.

Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From aposteljoe
    Quote From Pezman

I do it with Vanndar and a Merc whitch can damage your own stuff. Shoot at Vanndar to get him as low on health as possible. Then use Avatar on the Boss. It may not be 200 dmg, but I combine this with the "Complete x (heroic) Bounties" task for other Mercs. So it does not matter if it takes 2,3 or 4 runs.

More than 150 dmg is guaranteed turn 3, but you could delay it right to do more damage by using the first Avatar on the blue add.

Yeah, that would be good too! I just thought about Lokholar as well. Balinda can shoot an ally with Frost Dart so you can build up Snowball to an insane amount. It would take awhile, but probably still better than grinding the whole bounty 4 or more times.

• DragonDraena's Avatar 430 187 Posts Joined 08/10/2021
    Posted 3 months ago

Grommash, Samuro, and Rokara did the Popsicooler trick! Samuro was 70+ attack by the time we got them all. 

And by comparison, the final task was easy. 

Posted 3 months ago

Lokholar stops at leathel.

Posted 3 months ago

After the most demoralizing and frustrating series of losses (sometimes by losing a key Merc along the way, but more often to the boss itself), I finally beat the Murlocs vs. Popsicooler task.

My squad: Murky (equip: plus attack when hitting taunt), Old Murk-Eye (equip: attack boost and divine shield), Mutanus (equip: extra damage reduction), Cookie (equip: appetizers), Brightwing (equip: extra healing) and Alexstrasza (equip: Gambit healing). 

The dragons made the map encounters doable (Alex just melts those fighters). Do not underestimate Mutanus as a defender. I won MANY matches simply by having him taunt every turn while others healed him and shot the enemies.

Boss fight started with the 3 greens. Murky forced taunt on Popsicooler, then Murk-Eye and Mutanus swung in for LOTS of damage. I had picked up a couple of the +5/+5 for Murlocs treasures. Was hoping for Windfury for Murk-Eye, but didn't find it. Still took a few turns to finish him off. The others weren't too hard with him gone. I ignored the trolley, and it dies once the last enemy dies.

I hope this helps anyone who's struggling with this one.

Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago
    Quote From aposteljoe

Lokholar stops at leathel.

I'm guessing you're thinking about Hailstorm, which stops firing once all enemies are dead. I'm talking about Snowball, which stacks up damage over time whenever you play a Frost ability. If you can drag out the fight long enough, you could get Snowball to do a huge amount of damage, which would be a single shot that would count damagewell past lethal.

• Avalon's Avatar Content Admin Salty Dog 1490 1927 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

Heck, N'Zoth Task 9 is fricking difficult - I cannot complete it, no matter how hard I try! Any tips please? <3

Spice Lord and self-proclaimed Meme Master.

• You can follow me on Twitter - I am always active and you can tag me to highlight your (or someone else's) 12 wins Duels run or really anything Hearthstone-related!
    • Hearthstone Battletag: beppe946#2807 (EU)
  • Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.