Beat That Bounty Boss!

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Prince Charming 1855 1097 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

As mentioned in the past, try out the great video guides of Old Guardian. I always use them with lots of success. This N'Zoth special event task #9 was no difference, though it did take me a total of two attempts to complete it.

Tavern Regular » [ 1771 / 2000 ]

• Pezman's Avatar 2025 1679 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From Pezman

I'm trying to beat Heroic Drek'Thar to unlock Balinda's equipment. He just keeps kicking my ass. Anyone have a suggestion for this one? I own all Mercs except Rexxar, Garrosh, Sylvanas and Gul'Dan.

Most optimal in my opinion is fire team because of the boost you get from one of the minions. Focus fire on the statue boosting drekthar's speed. Once the statue is dead, you should be on your way to a win courtesy of geddon's massive AoE.

I think I went with Antonidas/Geddon/Cornelius, mainly because cornelius has a good chance of getting a defensive passive over the better taunt in mutanus. ChiJi/Rag for replacement in case antonidas goes down. If Geddon goes down early this might just be unwinnable, unless the statue is dead.

Haven't went there with any other comp, but heroic drekthar is insanely difficult and there's really not many caster teams that can realistically take down the statue fast enough.

Thanks! That did the trick. I think I got pretty lucky with treasures and winning some crucial speed ties, but it was a breeze. I went with Chi'Ji, Rag, Antonidas, Geddon, Cornelius and of course, Balinda. Only Antonidas died in the final battle

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

Quote From Avalon

Heck, N'Zoth Task 9 is fricking difficult - I cannot complete it, no matter how hard I try! Any tips please? <3

Check out my comment two above yours: I used a Murloc/Dragon hybrid squad that worked great. The key is using Murky to give Popsicooler taunt so your fighters can all swing right in on turn 1. Good luck!

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1600 3997 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Quote From Avalon

Heck, N'Zoth Task 9 is fricking difficult - I cannot complete it, no matter how hard I try! Any tips please? <3

Murloc build, Murkeye/Murky/Mutanus can do this but you need windfury on murkeye to make it less dependent on luck.

Or you can try rokara/samuro/grom, which also requires windfury on samuro to properly win in two turns. Turn 1 destroy cart, turn two slam popsicooler, rokara turns on offensive rally, and samuro goes in for 4x attack. Popsicooler should be dead now.

Just go with both comps in your team. Even if one goes down, you still have the other. I posted this as a response to DragonDraena earlier this week.

• sebomatikus's Avatar Face Collector 475 56 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Okay, so I tried Murkeye/Murky/Mutanus against Popsicooler and got utterly wrecked. Turn 1 like Pezman said - Murky gives Popsicooler taunt and all greens attack. However, this is immediately countered by Popsicooler gaining health equal to cart's health. So basically a zero-sum thing. Next turn, Popsicooler one-shots Murkeye (deal damage equal to cart's health) and from then on, my damage output simply cannot do anything to ever endanger Popsicooler which is alternating between health gain and damage dealing (45 to all) turns.

Is it all about the right treasures (+x/+x murlocs, windfury on Murkeye) and about getting lucky (Murkeye not being slowed and insta-killed in turn 2)?

Quote From sebomatikus

Okay, so I tried Murkeye/Murky/Mutanus against Popsicooler and got utterly wrecked. Turn 1 like Pezman said - Murky gives Popsicooler taunt and all greens attack. However, this is immediately countered by Popsicooler gaining health equal to cart's health. So basically a zero-sum thing. Next turn, Popsicooler one-shots Murkeye (deal damage equal to cart's health) and from then on, my damage output simply cannot do anything to ever endanger Popsicooler which is alternating between health gain and damage dealing (45 to all) turns.

Is it all about the right treasures (+x/+x murlocs, windfury on Murkeye) and about getting lucky (Murkeye not being slowed and insta-killed in turn 2)?

I hate to say it, but yes it comes down to the treasures. I wasn't lucky enough to find windfury, but still got by with stat buffs. Are your murlocs maxxed out? That helps too. My Mutanus and Murk-Eye are. Which equipment you use makes a difference too. Then there's just good old perseverance. 

Alright, maybe I'll try again and see whether I can pick up something better than in my first run - where I only got +5/+5 on murlocs once, the rest was rubbish. My Mutanus and Murk-Eye are maxxed out, however Murky is far from being maxxed out.

• aposteljoe's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_600_HS 1160 638 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Quote From sebomatikus

You have to use Devine Shield on turn 2.

Look at my guide on page 5.

New try, no luck. Picked up assassinate (the "good" one from an elite fight) and guess which unit it hits? You guessed right, the trolley.

So, Popsicooler gains 50 attack and together with its adds, it kills Mutanus turn one. Turn two, Murky acts at Speed 8 with the divine shield, so too late to prevent the big swing from Popsi. But Murky (10 health) and Murk-Eye still live. Next turn, I actually kill Popsi but Murky and Murk-Eye go down. So Alex, Brightwing and Cookie take on the remaining adds. I manage to kill the green one but then it's only Alex against the blue one. Which of course means no chance to win anymore.

I'm not giving up but my gosh, this is a frustrating task.

Quote From sebomatikus

New try, no luck. Picked up assassinate (the "good" one from an elite fight) and guess which unit it hits? You guessed right, the trolley.

So, Popsicooler gains 50 attack and together with its adds, it kills Mutanus turn one. Turn two, Murky acts at Speed 8 with the divine shield, so too late to prevent the big swing from Popsi. But Murky (10 health) and Murk-Eye still live. Next turn, I actually kill Popsi but Murky and Murk-Eye go down. So Alex, Brightwing and Cookie take on the remaining adds. I manage to kill the green one but then it's only Alex against the blue one. Which of course means no chance to win anymore.

I'm not giving up but my gosh, this is a frustrating task.

Keep going, you'll get it eventually! Took me at least 10 tries (I didn't actually count).

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 630 731 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I beat Popsicooler mainly through Old Guardian's guide and some luck.

My team was Fire + Murlocs; Ragnaros, Balinda Stonehearth & Geddon + Murky, Cookie & Old Murk-eye. I was lucky enough to pick up Assasinate treasue (it hit a side-kick) and started with fire-team vs the boss. They burst down Ragnaros pretty quickly, I replaced him with Murky. Murky's ability gives taunt to Popsicooler, which lets me hit it with Balinda's Water elemental that freezes. When you freeze Pop at the right times, the fight is so much easier. 

Maybe it will work for you too, good luck!

Posted 1 month ago

So, I finally did it and beat Popsicooler. Thanks for the support and advice, guys.

In the end, it was absurdly simple. I got the "Attack until you die" treasure for Mutanus. So Murky gave Popsi taunt and I let Mutanus loose. Attacking into the trolley and Popsicooler first because of taunt, each attack increasing Mutanus' attack value because of Murky's Time to Krill equipment and dealing 40+ damage to Popsi while only getting hit back for 2 damage meant that at the end of round 1 I had: a suicided Mutanus, no trolley, no Popsi, Popsi's blue add down to 50 health and the green add rather healthy. From then on, it was easy pickings: Turn 2, the blue add was down and the green one alone was no match for the rest of my team.

By the way: Task 10 then - first try on heroic with the fire comp + N'Zoth allowing me to complete the task and get the N'Zoth equipment at once.

Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From sebomatikus

So, I finally did it and beat Popsicooler. Thanks for the support and advice, guys.

In the end, it was absurdly simple. I got the "Attack until you die" treasure for Mutanus. So Murky gave Popsi taunt and I let Mutanus loose. Attacking into the trolley and Popsicooler first because of taunt, each attack increasing Mutanus' attack value because of Murky's Time to Krill equipment and dealing 40+ damage to Popsi while only getting hit back for 2 damage meant that at the end of round 1 I had: a suicided Mutanus, no trolley, no Popsi, Popsi's blue add down to 50 health and the green add rather healthy. From then on, it was easy pickings: Turn 2, the blue add was down and the green one alone was no match for the rest of my team.

By the way: Task 10 then - first try on heroic with the fire comp + N'Zoth allowing me to complete the task and get the N'Zoth equipment at once.

Good job! That sounds like it was an epically fun final match!

Posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

I'm currently working on Xuen's Task 17: "Deathblow 25 times." Just killed an enemy with Tiger Lightning, triggering the Deathblow. Task is still at 0/25. WTF?

• Ushinomimi's Avatar 330 25 Posts Joined 07/13/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

That's the same task as Grom's. You need to oneshot the enemies, not trigger the deathblow, also enemies can damage themselves attacking you, but you can't damage them by yourself, only oneshot for quest to count it as deathblow.

• syrcuz's Avatar 60 19 Posts Joined 05/12/2022
    Posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

I am on task 2 of the Y'shaarj event and I as wondering if I have been misunderstanding the task's wording or if its just THAT hard, cause i am led to believe its asking me to oneshot all three 160+ health enemies in one turn which, sounds a bit much.

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Prince Charming 1855 1097 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Quote From syrcuz

I am on task 2 of the Y'shaarj event and I as wondering if I have been misunderstanding the task's wording or if its just THAT hard, cause i am led to believe its asking me to oneshot all three 160+ health enemies in one turn which, sounds a bit much.

You have to deal the lethal blow to all 3 bosses in the same turn, which means you have to bring down their health gradually in the turns before and not kill them. I managed to complete this task using Old Guardian's Holy strategy.

Tavern Regular » [ 1771 / 2000 ]

Just read up, makes a lot more sense now. 

Quote From Ushinomimi

That's the same task as Grom's. You need to oneshot the enemies, not trigger the deathblow, also enemies can damage themselves attacking you, but you can't damage them by yourself, only oneshot for quest to count it as deathblow.

Ok, I tested this and you are correct. How f-ing stupid is that? Deathblow is a keyword with a specific meaning and function, but here they just arbitrarily use it to mean "one-shot"? Bunch of BS.

Posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Upsetting that task 3 y'shaarj forces you to have a full human party, it really cuts you off from even having a chance at trying it if you lack even one. If only Mercenaries had a dust-like system to craft mercs you need instead of just opening packs.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.