Golden Hero Portrait - Completionist & Grind

Saviors of Uldum
  • Horus's Avatar Stalagg 525 607 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Hey there fellow HearthStone enthusiasts,

I recently edited the original post for timely need, as the last HS patch brought us new achievements in the form of Hero Portrait awarded for completing 1000 ranked victories. New Hero Portraits means new milestones and new achievements ; is an other chapter of The Grind just started ?

I was wondering how far are you guys in the completion of the 9 golden hero portraits (x/500 and x/1000 ranked victory)? Some of you may already have complete all of them and beyond, some of you may just get started or picking up on a single class and some may be awaiting for the right meta to play a certain class. What class are you tackling? Or alternatively, why you couldn't careless about ever achieving it? Or even, which one was your first golden hero? Let me know in the comment down bellow.

I myself went full circle by completing the 500 with Druid & Priest, summer 2017.
    My go-to class always been Warlock - which was my 1st golden hero. Rocking well over a 1000 win with it ...
    Receiving those new portraits made me want to play those classes I've already complete a thousand wins with, but also made me regain some motivation in playing classes I have left underplayed since the golden completion. I'm looking forward earning Mage and Shaman skin.
    My inner-completionist isn't too thrilled about that Hunter skin but knows ... 

'' When I was your age, Pluto was a planet. '' -Unknown

• Trollbert's Avatar 170 147 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I play my classes pretty evenly except for a low amount of warlock play and a high amount of shaman and rogue.  I hit rogue a year ago, shaman a few days ago.  Probably within the year I’ll be 8/9 because everything else is so even and close. 

• Xarkkal's Avatar HearthStationeer 395 351 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Hunter was my first. Hit 500 back during MSoG using a Secret Deck back when Hunter was in the gutter. That was a grind... 

Then came my Paladin (Ashamed to admit I made the final push using Odd Pally in Standard and Wild... I'm sorry...)

I'm currently working on Shaman (299) and Rogue (303?). 

Warlock (277ish?) was my next main focus, but when RoS hit... well... RIP Warlock for a bit

Priest (220?) isn't far behind. I can't bring myself to play Big Priest to farm wins

Warrior, Mage and Druid are all sitting in the gutter under 50 wins each. Warrior I finally have at lvl 59 which will get me all 9 classes at lvl 60. 

• Pezman's Avatar Magma Rager 380 245 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I completed this challenge pretty recently. I remember a time when I thought I never would, but here I am. It feels really good to have done it, and I love showing off my golden heroes. Gul'Dan was my first golden hero too!

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

by Pezman 2 months, 3 weeks ago
    5 15580 907 5

• Almaniarra's Avatar HearthStationeer 315 355 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

I have all of the goldens. Now I am playing for 1000 wins. Rogue and Hunter got 1000, Mage and Priest is around 900-950, others are around 700 i guess. I'm updating my game so can't give actual numbers.

Who knows maybe they add something for 1000 wins and more some rewards in some day. :)

• chWolfgang's Avatar Supporter 310 126 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Just ground out my last one (warlock) last month. Feels good to have all 9 finally. Been playing since Beta. But only start ladder a year or so ago.

\/\/olfgang

• sto650's Avatar HearthStationeer 220 161 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

My first was hunter, during Un'Goro when midrange hunter was awesome.

My second was paladin, using a variety of decks, but definitely odd paladin. Not really ashamed of it, as I happen to like the deck style, and there is more thinking involved than most people give it credit for (mostly trying to figure out how to survive board wipes).

My third was druid, which I completed at the start of RoS using token druid (and accidentally put me within striking distance of my first, and only, climb to legend - which I completed with a rogue deck).

None of the others are close to 500.

• CableKnight's Avatar Content Squad Rexxar 295 137 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

I'm 10 away from my first, which will be Hunter. Started playing in KOFT, but I had this weird aversion to playing ranked after I hit rank 5 every month for years.

Gosh dang it, cards bad.

• doingtheobvious's Avatar 305 201 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

I have gold Rexxar already. 90 wins short of gold Anduin and 319 short of gold Thrall. Rest of the heroes are >100 wins.

Really limited on resources for other classes, sadly. Oh well.

• NightCrawler's Avatar Lava Coil 265 158 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I've got a couple thousand wins on priest and druid now. 

I couldn't really care less about golden heroes so I have less than 500 on all other classes but this latest meta was super "helpful" in that I'm forced to play them because my preferred ones are dumpster tier or a snoozefest :(

• Bersak's Avatar 260 168 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

I got golden priest (all time favorit) and hunter. I don’t know where the later came from, i probably played it consistantly over the years and made the final push with deathrattle hunter.

Druid, rogue and warrior are all around 450 wins, excited to get those done soon!

It‘s awesome that arena counts aswell now, will help a lot! 

PS: my shaman got a recent boost of 50 wins! Grinded Wild 19 - Legend in 3 days with even shaman. Ranks 19-5 were a complete jok

Winner winner chicken dinner

• JrsL76's Avatar 60 10 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I got mine in the following order:

Mage

Paladin

Warrior

Warlock

Shaman

Rogue

I’m about 40 wins away from priest, 80 from Hunter and about 120 away from Druid.  Looking forward to being done with the grind

• nod's Avatar 65 5 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I have all nine complete. My first was Shaman and my last was Warrior.

-nod

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 375 487 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I got golden paladin then warlock then hunter.. 

The rest are at most at 300 and at least 150 I still play mostly my golden classes so I am not making much progress on the other classes, excited in trying zoo priest with the quest might hit 300 on priest until the end of the expansion. 

• kramerofboandls's Avatar 235 97 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

I have paladin, hunter, warlock, mage and shaman in golden. (in that order) 

Now I'm working on druid, but I play all classes more or less equally.

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 105 43 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

My first one was Hunter way back in 2015, then Warlock in 2016, Druid in 2017, Mage in 2018 and now I´m very close with Paladin.. So I guess with this pattern my last golden will be Shaman in 2023 XD

• SamHobbs494's Avatar 285 145 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I only have priest and rarely play ranked but am thinking about doing this as my next challenge

• YJHS2000's Avatar Uther 250 102 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Here's mine in order I got them:

1. Paladin (4007 wins!)
    2. Priest
    3. Shaman
    4. Warrior

At 400 with Warlock, about 350 with Mage and Hunter, 250 with Druid and 100 with Rogue

Communism is just a red herring

The inclusion of the arena wins was a really nice touch indeed. I wonder if anyone got a golden hero portrait retrospectively kickin-in after that patch?

As of August 2019, my current wins recorded on ladder per class :

Druid 615
    Hunter 780
    Mage 611
    Paladin 986
    Priest 901
    Rogue 1146
    Shaman 771
    Warlock 1129
    Warrior 810

It is fair to say that I have abused Warlock, Rogue, Paladin & Priest classes ... and barely played Druid & Mage since I completed their respective grind!

• LuEimlau's Avatar Honorary Explorer 160 17 Posts Joined 07/30/2019

I got all classes golden last month. Last one was warrior which was a really boring grind, but now I'm glad I never have to play that class again. Too bad I still have to face warriors though... The first one I got golden was druid some time after Un'Goro or KFT was released I think.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Jaina 290 169 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I only have Priest (Dragon Priest) & Hunter (Spell/Secret Hunter) golden though not too far (425 or so) from getting Warrior (Dr. Broken Mechs) now. I have literally 0 ladder wins with Druid (also the only class not at rank 60...) or Mage, maybe 50 each with Shaman and Rogue, and I think ~200 each with Paladin & Warlock.

So pretty far off from completion. Though if SoU Quest Druid is as good/fun as it looks those Druid numbers might get a lot better over the next few months.

• forcemajeure's Avatar 90 33 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

When I first played Hearthstone, my first goal was to earn lots of gold and dust, then get strong and hit 500 wins for every golden hero.  I think I achieved that around 4 years ago.  After that, I didn't really have a goal so I played a lot less. 

Now though, I'm slowly going for 1,000 wins on every hero.  Hit 1,000 on paladin, shaman, and druid so far.  Most likely warlock and warrior next.

Start date: 5/16/14     Current gold: 17,645      Current dust: 20,165    Play wins: 9,769   Legendary from crafting: 21

Cash spent: $125.00  Lifetime gold: 161,315   Dust reserves: 53,715  Arena Wins: 873  Legendary from packs: 109

• L5G4ND's Avatar 80 10 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I have nearly 1500 ranked wins with Warlock and around 1000 with the rest of the 8 classes combined (second best is Mage with 240). I don't have anything against other classes, I just enjoy playing Warlock:D
    Zoolock, Renolock, Evenlock, Control Warlock, Demonlock, Darkest Hour Warlock, Plot Twist Warlock, Discolock, Quest Warlock, Mecha'thun Warlock, Self-damaging Warlock, Egglock, Murlock, Menagerielock, Malygos Warlock, Midrange Dragon Warlock, Aggro variant of Renolock, Patron Knife Juggler Defile OTK Warlock, Glinda Mechwarper Zilliax combo Warlock, etc.
    You have so many options in Warlock, such an amazing class!

• YogoWafel's Avatar 45 4 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

I started playing a few days after launch, but for the first ~2 years I was playing mostly casual. I don't really know why. Anyway, I hit my first golden hero (warlock) early last year. In 2018 I've also managed to make it to gold with priest and rogue. This year, I've hit golden shaman and warrior. I'm ~150 wins away on druid, paladin and hunter. Mage is by far my least played class, with only something around 150 ranked wins. I expect to hit at least one more golden class this year. Funny thing is, once I hit gold with a class, I don't really feel like playing it, except maybe warlock and priest (which were my favorite classes to begin with). Also, I play mostly control-ish decks (except hunter, mid range is pretty cool) so the process of getting a golden portrait with those is pretty tedious as well.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.