Golden Hero Portrait - Completionist & Grind

Saviors of Uldum
    Skeleton 2190 2514 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

(...) Let us hope the eleventh class does not get added any time soon, coz that is gonna be the grandmother of all grinds.

Oh noo... Just the idea of starting a new class from scratch, again, sounds like a chore

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

Content Admin Salty Dog 1360 1554 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

Greetings everyone, how are these winter holidays going? Hope you're all okay.

I brought this thread back to life just to say that recently I've been grinding Demon Hunter for that sweet sweet Demonic Illidan, and with the release of FiAV I decided to make the final push.

I am currently 30-ish wins away from the finishing line, and I can't wait to set that skin as the default one!

Spice Lord and self-proclaimed Meme Master.

Prince Charming 1595 983 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

Good luck Avalon and have fun with the last part of the grind before getting that sweet sweet reward at the very end.

As for my own progression, I have been playing all classes slowly but steadily towards the next checkpoint of 1500 wins. I really tried to get the custom made All classes at 1337 wins achievement set by anchorm4n along the way, but alas I did not realize playing Diablo in Duels counts towards Warrior wins and I accidentally crossed the 1337 wins mark at one point.

Here are the new win counts (+940 wins in total since my last report):

Posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Only 10 to go! I feel like today is gonna be the day - I can't waaaaait!

Eevee 1135 738 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago
    Quote From Avalon

Only 10 to go! I feel like today is gonna be the day - I can't waaaaait!

Fingers crossed! You´ re so close! I´m getting close (40 wins) with both Warrior and Warlock, with first one aiming for 500 wins and second for 1000 wins. I know the feeling, can´t wait either, but for me it´s still long way to go. Keep us informed! :)

Posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

I DID IT! OMG I am so happy! I was in love with Demonic Illidan since the very first time it was revealed, almost two years ago.

Moreover, I feel like Illidan Stormrage isn't that great, so I am very happy to have this huge upgrade in the cosmetic section.

Congratulations, Avalon!! Job's done!!

What is going to be the next challenge?

Well done Avalon! Here, have some snowballs to celebrate your achievement!

Thanks Horus. And congrats: you just got yourself a Snowball Fight! worthy of that name!

NebuchadnezzarHS - So, the one you see below is my situation

Here are a couple notes about my personal tastes:

• Shan'do Malfurion looks sick but... there aren't Druid decks I love at the moment.
    • [Hearthstone Card (Wanderer
    • Rexxar) Not Found] is probably my least favorite 1k skin, so it's not a top priority at all. Big Secret Hunter is intriguing though.
    • Fire Mage Jaina is so cool, and I do own [Hearthstone Card (Mordresh, Fire-eye) Not Found] - doable!
    • Warchief Thrall - see Jaina.

In the end, I think it's going to be either Mage or Shaman, given that both classes see competitive play and I am close to hitting the 1000 wins goal with both.

Lightforged Uther is another incredibly sick skin (despite that strange, robotic, tubular armguard in the bottom right corner), but 540 wins are a lot...

1640 1787 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Congrats Avalon! Demonic Illidan is definitely among the coolest portraits in the game. 

I'm closing 2021 with these standings:

That's all in all +447 wins since my last post about 4 months ago. I took a break of a little more than a month trying out FIFA Ultimate Team (don't do that, trust me) and it shows. The biggest progress has been made with Priest (+155) since Shadowpriest got me to legend no less than three times. Warrior is still closest to the next 500 wins portrait but I tend to lose interest in a deck that proves to be really OP like Wild QL Pirate Warrior. So yeah, maybe I'll continue pushing Priest as long as I enjoy it or switch over to Druid which I found a very cool deck for yesterday. Feels good to know that 4 classes are within 150 wins to the golden portrait with Demon Hunter close behind at 162 missing. Good luck to you all and don't forget to have fun ;-) 

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

Aaaand... all my intentions were betrayed. Deathrattle Hunter is one hell of a drug and I grinder around 100 wins with Hunter.

I also played some Thief Rogue in order to complete all the class achievements (not that it really matters, since I already hit 1000 wins).

740 338 Posts Joined 04/30/2020
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

My last post in this thread was 1.5 years ago, and a lot has changed: I reached 1,000 wins in 3 classes (and got that long coveted Shadow Gul'dan portrait for Warlock). The ironic thing about that is I have been using the Tamsin "Triumphant" portrait exclusively since United in Stormwind a) for flavor and b) because it's a pretty cool piece of art too!

Here are my class tallies as of today:

DH: 565 wins

Druid: 508 wins (my newest golden hero)

Hunter: 1,019 wins (still rocking Sylvanas, the only non-rewards track portrait I have ever bought)

Mage: 725 wins

Paladin: 1,196 wins

Priest: 463 wins (the last non-golden hero. I am thinking I will try and grind a minimum of 10 wins a month unless Priest is meta again and if I am lucky enough to have the right cards)

Rogue: 707 wins

Shaman: 883 wins

Warlock: 1,086 wins

Warrior: 606 wins (Pirate Quest Warrior in standard and wild has been good to this total, haha)

Posted 1 week, 2 days ago
    Quote From Horus

Show Spoiler
    (…)

Demon Hunter 125
    Druid                  767
    Hunter             1068
    Mage                 935
    Paladin            1111
    Priest               1026
    Rogue              1279
    Shaman             899
    Warlock           1176
    Warrior             1000

(…)

Hello fellow HearthStoners, grinders and casuals from all ranks,

My last entry to this thread dates from Autumn 2021 - I haven't played that much during the last quarter, but as I like to archive my statistics -  I figured I could update my progression; no significant milestones were crossed, but all my remaining non-thousands-wins-and-over classes have progressed towards the inevitable completion. Demon Hunter is still far from the finish line, but thankfully, Druid, Mage & Shaman are "almost" there. Retaking my previous comment for comparative purposes, and adding an extra column:

August 2021   January 2022
    Demon Hunter125138
    Druid767772
    Hunter10681072
    Mage935964
    Paladin11111113
    Priest10261043
    Rogue12791280
    Shaman899975
    Warlock11761176
    Warrior10001043

Getting excited to see that the end is near for most of the original vanilla classes. I'm currently not too thrilled to play mage, as I found the current big spells and fire mage archetype boring to play, but Druid and Shaman are in a good place to make it fun to play, and we are soon to receive some updates and change to the meta, so things may stay interesting - hopefully!

Let us know down bellow how your personal questing crusade is going and which milestone(s) you are currently seeking!
    Wishing everyone a good grind and a fair amount of success along the way

PS: I appreciate how the thread keeps being revived every now and then - thank  you Avalon for the constant necro-threading <3 

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Yay! Yestreday was my lucky day, because I managed to hit my 6th golden portrait (Warrior), as well as my 3rd 1k portrait Warlock! Happy happy :D

That makes my win count (compared to 4 months ago):

Hunter 1250 (+50)

Druid 1050 (+50)

Warlock 1000 (+150)

Paladin 825 (+5 lol)

Mage 805 (+5 double lol)

Warrior 500 (+100)

Demon Hunter 350 (+50)

Priest 255 (+15)

Rogue 220 (+70)

Shaman 200 (+60)

Next ones? Demon Hunter for 500 and Paladin or Mage for 1000 wins. Let´s go! :)

1640 1787 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Congrats! That 1.000 wins Warlock portrait is siiiiick!

Can't deny a little grin when I saw those numbers though. Do you keep playing until you have a round number of wins every time? That would certainly mess with my sleep schedule :D

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

Ice Rager 835 605 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days ago

It's been a while, but I finally got my fifth golden hero! Shaman now joins Warrior, Hunter, Paladin, and Demon Hunter as my golden classes. The golden Thrall isn't really my favorite, but it's fine I guess. I've been having a blast playing Shaman recently, though I've had to toil away for the last 20 wins because Rogue is just choking out all other archetypes (my Quest Shaman just doesn't stand a chance against Poison Rogues). But I still found some wins here and there to reach 500. And how fitting is it that the opponent I beat for that 500th win is named Gold??? If that doesn't make you believe in destiny, I don't know what will. 

My next goal will probably be Warlock and Priest, since they're the ones closest to 500. Mage, as usual, remains in a pitiful state. I just don't like the class and all its shenanigans. Let's see what the nerfs will be, hopefully they'll make Deathrattle Priest a little more viable! 

Here's the breakdown of my class wins:

Posted 4 days, 3 hours ago
    Quote From anchorm4n

Congrats! That 1.000 wins Warlock portrait is siiiiick!

Can't deny a little grin when I saw those numbers though. Do you keep playing until you have a round number of wins every time? That would certainly mess with my sleep schedule :D

Thanks! Yeah, he´s so cool :) The best 1k win portrait there is imho.

And for the round numbers, yeah, I have to admit, it´s kinda my thing. It´s not that I have to round up wins all the time, but when I´m close to some bigger achievement or want to write down my progress, I like to round them, so it looks neat :D I don´t really like to leave the "5" at the end, but I  wasn´t able to do 15 more wins before I made the previous post :P (Too bad I won one more game before I took the proof picture, heh)

Posted 4 days, 2 hours ago

@Alleria, you probably also "hate" the fact that your gold stash ends with "5", I reckon? 😁

Personally, I have the same tick as I cannot stand that my gold and arcane dust levels end with "5" as well. As for the dust level I can easily disenchant a common card to "correct" the non-existing problem, but for the gold level it is more difficult. I would have to play Arena or Heroic Duels and hope for an uneven amount of "5" gold to be rewarded at the end.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.