What’s up with Hearthstone forum community?

• Sherman1986's Avatar Derpcorn 205 183 Posts Joined 03/11/2019
    Posted 3 years, 1 month ago
    Quote From Tetsuo

As others before me have already said, OOC is the superior community. OOC is like a distilled version of every Hearthstone forum out there, since most of the great and interesting members from Hearthpwn migrated here. As a result, there are very few salt/whiny threads and more interesting and intelligent discussions, as well as excellent feature articles on the front page, which I think is a paradise for those who love this game (like me). Forum activity could be better, but I have no doubt that will improve over time.

The worst forum I've ever visited has to be the one on the official Hearthstone website. Nothing but toxic complaints, whining, and "old man yells at cloud" threads. It's a hell filled with jaded, bitter, and angry HS players raging against the small indie company we know and love. 

C'mon dude... "The superior community"? Don't you think that's too much? No offense, but your post sounds pretty arrogant and condescending... No forum community is superior to other, just different. What you could see as interesting and smart, others could see as boring and shallow. Different tastes and personalities create different perspectives, that's all.

To be honest, from my point of view, most threads and articles here on Out of Cards are extremely boring, with a considerable amount of posts made by people totally afraid of not being accepted by others. Such a thing creates an unnatural and fictional enviroment hard to digest for those of us who usually prefer honesty over false kindness. But that is just my opinion. The fact you seem to enjoy this forum more than me doesn't make it better or worse than the others, just different, as I said previously.

Everything is relative, always remember that. ;) ;) ;)

• NightCrawler's Avatar Lava Coil 305 159 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Sherman1986
    Quote From Tetsuo

As others before me have already said, OOC is the superior community. OOC is like a distilled version of every Hearthstone forum out there, since most of the great and interesting members from Hearthpwn migrated here. As a result, there are very few salt/whiny threads and more interesting and intelligent discussions, as well as excellent feature articles on the front page, which I think is a paradise for those who love this game (like me). Forum activity could be better, but I have no doubt that will improve over time.

The worst forum I've ever visited has to be the one on the official Hearthstone website. Nothing but toxic complaints, whining, and "old man yells at cloud" threads. It's a hell filled with jaded, bitter, and angry HS players raging against the small indie company we know and love. 

C'mon dude... "The superior community"? Don't you think that's too much? No offense, but your post sounds pretty arrogant and condescending... No forum community is superior to other, just different. What you could see as interesting and smart, others could see as boring and shallow. Different tastes and personalities create different perspectives, that's all.

To be honest, from my point of view, most threads and articles here on Out of Cards are extremely boring, with a considerable amount of posts made by people totally afraid of not being accepted by others. Such a thing creates an unnatural and fictional enviroment hard to digest for those of us who usually prefer honesty over false kindness. But that is just my opinion. The fact you seem to enjoy this forum more than me doesn't make it better or worse than the others, just different, as I said previously.

Everything is relative, always remember that. ;) ;) ;)

One is all serious discussions whereas the other is a chaotic, angry mess.  Of course you would like the latter better :P

I do not think the lack of angry posts here is a product of people being afraid to express their emotions though.  We still have a working salt thread.  It's just that people here know that there's no point in making a thread just to vent about how much they dislike something because there's no actual discussion to be had.  No one ever replies to those with anything meaningful.  Unless you were referring to some other aspect of this community?

People still get pretty emotional here if you exclude the whole top level rant threads thing.  Case in point, you've still managed to stir up shit just fine. People still get pissed off when I tell them why their theorycraft is not going to be competitive or why their personal experience is bad advice or why Blizzard will never do what they want it to or why their collection management is only good for destroying dust/money.  There are still players who have hate, or at least no empathy for Spikes others who enjoy the game differently than themselves.  It's far less common than it is on HP, but it's there if you look hard enough

• SpineSlasher's Avatar 280 78 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

OOC is better overall and always (so far) has news and updates well before anyone else.

I also see their twitter posts and facebook posts before anyone else, OOC is very proactive.

This is important to new (ish) players like me. 

Aberlour 18 Year Old, Balvenie DoubleWood 12, Caol Ila 12, The Arran Malt 14, Auchentoshan Three Wood, Kilchoman Islay 8th edition, Lagavulin 16 Year Old, Glenmorangie Signet, Talisker 10 Year Old.

• drfelip's Avatar Dragon Scholar 365 289 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I also think activity here is a bit low. Sometimes I enter in the morning and there are only a handful of new threads and replies to old threads than the evening before. So more active users will definitely be welcome.

Besides what others have already said, I think OOC has not yet attracted the attention of new users because it's not so easy to find in Google when searching for Hearthstone-related keywords. Time (as it's a new site) and some keyword research and SEO work will fix it, improving SEO is probably somewhere in the LOOOONG list of pending tasks of Flux and the rest of the team.

The pleasure is mine.

My last standard decks: nothing special right now.

• This thread is locked and may not be replied to.