Six Formats Hearthstone Could Easily Have

• kaladin's Avatar 360 396 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 2 years, 11 months ago
    Quote From LyraSilvertongue
    Quote From kaladin

I have an idea:

Casual Mode - Netdecks are banned. Gold is not rewarded.  Quests cannot be completed.  This is purely just for fun mode.

The thing with this is that net decks are fluid. You ban a bunch of cards and net decks move down the list. When do you draw the line and stop banning any form of deck shared on the internet?

Also, fun meme decks have just as much potential to become 'meme netdecks' if they gain enough fun traction. In that sense such a format would become a double edged sword because then you'd start pruning out inconsistent, yet popular memes, straight out of the format because they potentially get net decked.

How about 20 shared cards as a deck in tier 1 or tier 2 according to VS?  Or how about Blizzard publish their own tier list?

Why do you hate fun so much?  Specifically, why are you so against ME having fun?  You've done that consistently on Hearthpwn and now you're doing it here.

worst community ever

• LyraSilvertongue's Avatar 360 383 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 2 years, 11 months ago
    Quote From kaladin
    Quote From LyraSilvertongue
    Quote From kaladin

I have an idea:

Casual Mode - Netdecks are banned. Gold is not rewarded.  Quests cannot be completed.  This is purely just for fun mode.

The thing with this is that net decks are fluid. You ban a bunch of cards and net decks move down the list. When do you draw the line and stop banning any form of deck shared on the internet?

Also, fun meme decks have just as much potential to become 'meme netdecks' if they gain enough fun traction. In that sense such a format would become a double edged sword because then you'd start pruning out inconsistent, yet popular memes, straight out of the format because they potentially get net decked.

How about 20 shared cards as a deck in tier 1 or tier 2 according to VS?  Or how about Blizzard publish their own tier list?

Why do you hate fun so much?  Specifically, why are you so against ME having fun?  You've done that consistently on Hearthpwn and now you're doing it here.

I'm all for fun. I can screenshot the 18 decks I'm currently using in HS if you'd like for proof of that, but you can't have a format that bans net decks even in a highly optimistic world. Even fun decks get net decked. The thing is people generally feel less bad playing against them because they aren't typically consistent so they feel less oppressive, but they still are actual net decks. Tesspionage Rogue is a great example of this. It started off as a fun semi-meme deck and look at how many people started playing it. So ironically a format that bans net decking would actually discourage players from sharing fun decks because if said decks caught on too well they would become what I said in my last post ("meme netdecks") and automatically get banned out of their own format for being copy pasta'ed. That would be counterintuitive to a 'non-netdeck format'

Also #funissubjective

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.