Achievement Hunting: United in Stormwind edition

United in Stormwind
  • meisterz39's Avatar 925 1200 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Regarding Caligraphy Lessons in Mage, it looks like each proc counts as 5 mana even when it hits a spell that costs less than 5, meaning you really just need to trigger Celestial Ink Set 15/30/60 times to complete the achievement.

The best approach here is probably to just run 2x Celestial Ink Set, 2x Hoard Pillager, and 2x Rummaging Kobold along with a ton of spells in Wild to have a max of 12 procs per game.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Prince Charming 1055 1271 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 10 months, 2 weeks ago
    Quote From meisterz39

Just wrapped up the Demon Hunter achievements with this deck:

There's a guide that basically goes through it on the deck, but the basic idea is that you shuffle a ton of Persistent Peddlers into your deck, and eventually they end up costing 0. Despite costing 0, drawing them after completing the questline still counts as a 2-mana discount for the sake of completing achievements.

The wild meta means you won't always have a productive match up for this deck, but when you do you can really grind through every achievement quickly. Also, this deck (obviously) loses a lot of games, so be sure to be at a ranked floor.

Thanks , was looking for an idea about the Peddlers :) 

I did the Lion Frenzy Achievement "Drawing Frenzy" pretty easy in Wild - just build a deck with Lions Frenzy and Attack buff cards + draw. You also realy don't need Inner Demon (+8 Attack Card) - some Furys and other Attack Buffs + draw should get you an pretty easy 10+ Attack Lions Frenzy.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1600 3997 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 10 months, 1 week ago

The pop divine shield achievement seems to trigger when you draw or have a divine shield minion in hand rather than how it should work, which is played on board and having its divine shield popped. Anyone can confirm this?

If that's the case, its as easy as playing rogue or some high draw class and filling the entire deck with divine shield minion.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1635 1618 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From dapperdog

The pop divine shield achievement seems to trigger when you draw or have a divine shield minion in hand rather than how it should work, which is played on board and having its divine shield popped. Anyone can confirm this?

If that's the case, its as easy as playing rogue or some high draw class and filling the entire deck with divine shield minion.

I was counting down my last bit of progress on that one, and it definitely happened when the divine shield was lost, not just drawn. To be honest, that achievement completes itself by accident over time so if you really want to save time with it, just forget you need to work on it at all.

The alternative is just to make a paladin deck entirely out of divine shield minions. You'll probably have a pretty solid win rate with it (I always do) because no deck out there is actually built to deal with every minion being that obnoxious.

• Desecrated's Avatar 175 10 Posts Joined 02/02/2021

A tip for Instant Gratification: Draw the Purified Shard the same turn you shuffle it into your deck...

Use the same setup, complete the quest then next turn play xyrella, polkeit, and then instead of of the other suggestions it's pretty easy to coin and use any tradeable card.  Including Mailbox Dancer  in your deck to help hit the quest and the general achievement can guarantee a coin in hand for each game

• Cece's Avatar 190 27 Posts Joined 09/04/2021
    Posted 9 months, 3 weeks ago
    Quote From Niklink

Instant Gratification: Draw the Purified Shard the same turn you shuffle it into your deck.

The simplest way to do this is by waiting until they play the questline reward, then on your turn playing Mindrender Illucia + Lorekeeper Polkelt + Prize Vendor or any 'draw a card' effect like a Loot Hoarder or Bloodmage Thalnos deathrattle. Note that tutor effects of any kind ignore deck order, although they do not change Polkelt's ordering of the deck. This will of course only work if your opponent doesn't draw the shard the same turn they play their questline reward. Example deck: AAECAa0GBPvRA/bWA6iKBJegBA3LzQP73wOS5AOhoASY6gP44wPBnwSFnwS24QPXzgOZ6wPo7wPWoAQA

isn't this part wrong ?  if you cast Illucia you have enemy cards .

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1715 1294 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Cece
    Quote From Niklink

Instant Gratification: Draw the Purified Shard the same turn you shuffle it into your deck.

The simplest way to do this is by waiting until they play the questline reward, then on your turn playing Mindrender Illucia + Lorekeeper Polkelt + Prize Vendor or any 'draw a card' effect like a Loot Hoarder or Bloodmage Thalnos deathrattle. Note that tutor effects of any kind ignore deck order, although they do not change Polkelt's ordering of the deck. This will of course only work if your opponent doesn't draw the shard the same turn they play their questline reward.

isn't this part wrong ?  if you cast Illucia you have enemy cards .

-=alfi=-

• Cece's Avatar 190 27 Posts Joined 09/04/2021

yes , they play questline reward and dont draw shard same turn , i then use Illucia , i got enemy deck and cards ,( Polket , Vendor , LH , Thalnos ) are now on enemy hand and i cant use them.

Yeah i can find those cards in opponend deck if im very luck , but that not explains why i put this cards on my deck recipe if i have to find them on the enemy hand.

This combo can work only with King Togwaggle not with Mindrender Illucia

• Suckhead's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 03/31/2022
    Posted 3 months ago

Can someone try to explain the process of completing “instant gratification” using mindrender illucia? 

She gives you a copy of your opponents hand until the end of turn, right?

Assuming they’ve already played Xyrella, how are you supposed to obtain her or her “purified shard” via playing illucia? why is it necessary to wait until they’ve already played Xyrella? Wouldn’t she be easier to obtain if you played illucia while she was still in their hand?  

Assuming they haven’t already played her, and she’s sitting in their hand, you COULD obtain her using illucia. But because your hand is a copy of their hand ONLY until the end of turn, and assuming they don’t also have the lorekeeper or any card draw minions in their hand, you’d then have to play your Xyrella while you still have a copy of their hand and be forced to end your turn with no polkelt or card draw available. You’d therefore be unable to draw the purified shard on the same turn it’s shuffled into your deck, right? 

Am I missing something spectacularly obvious here? because I don’t seem to be able to see how it would work using this process. 

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1715 1294 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From Suckhead

Can someone try to explain the process of completing “instant gratification” using mindrender illucia? 

She gives you a copy of your opponents hand until the end of turn, right?

Assuming they’ve already played Xyrella, how are you supposed to obtain her or her “purified shard” via playing illucia? why is it necessary to wait until they’ve already played Xyrella? Wouldn’t she be easier to obtain if you played illucia while she was still in their hand?  
    Am I missing something spectacularly obvious here? because I don’t seem to be able to see how it would work using this process.

This was written back before Illusia nerf when she used to switch the hand and deck for one turn

Text changed to "Battlecry: Replace your hand with a copy of your opponent's until end of turn." (Was "Battlecry: Swap hands and decks with your opponent until your next turn.")

-=alfi=-

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.