Rewards Track: Current progress 3.0

United in Stormwind
    740 335 Posts Joined 04/30/2020
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I am loving mercs. I am not getting nearly as much XP as I would in the other game modes (grinding PVE content yields very little), but I don't mind at all. I am missing just 5-6 legendary mercs (crafting them), and I am enjoying the little bits of mercs PVP that I've done + the PVE.

Level 232, as of today. I have three daily quests and two weeklies still to do (that's a sign of how much mercs has dominated my HS time lately!).

Ice Rager 835 600 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I started playing again after nearly 3 weeks and I finally crossed the level 100 barrier. Seeing the amazing progress made by others here, I'm definitely feeling small with my snail-like progress! 

I chose Felheart Gul'dan as my portrait, and it is a beauty. I'm at Level 103 after playing a lot of Questline Priest to get some Stormwind achievements done. Hopefully the mini-set shakes up this incredibly stale meta. 

Eevee 1135 736 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

Hey all, I´m back after three weeks (very, very hard weeks) and I found myself at lvl 220. With the new mini-set achievements my count is 75% done - just starting to do them now, hoping to be done till the new expansion.

So where you´re all at? Where do you think/hope to end this time? Feel free to share. Thank you.

@NebuchadnezzarHS I just got my first Play a friend quest today in a half a year, still nothing on my second account. Still better than nothing I guess. How about you? Any luck yet?

Crossroads Historian 625 701 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

Att 200 now! I've mostly given up on achievements, it's a lot of grind for a small reward and I don't have much time to play.

Devoted Academic 1635 1203 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

Same as allthehype, reached level 200 this weekend, have ~60% achievments but given up the rest because they are just a mindless unfun grind.

-=alfi=-

Prince Charming 1595 972 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

I am at level 278 now. My play time is mostly spent on completing Mercenaries which was quite unexpected. Since I have no aspiration of playing PvP at all, I am almost done with this F2P game mode. I have all the mercenaries (70% maxed out) and nearly all its achievements are finished.

Which side did you choose? Me: FOR THE HORDE!!

@Alleria: The play a friend quest has not been sighted yet over here. As a result, I have abandoned my F2P accounts since the launch of Stormwind.

Posted 1 month, 4 weeks ago

I'm only at level 132, I'm playing strictly on weekends now. I have to say though, I'm enjoying the game again. I've been playing a lot of Quest Handlock and Quest Shaman, two decks that I'm winning a lot of games with recently. Their win conditions may be unfair (especially against any control deck), but damn if they aren't fun to play. They're not brainless decks unlike other oppressive decks; there's usually a bit of skill and thinking involved for each turn, and there are multiple ways to kill your opponent with. It's just a shame their payoffs are completely overtuned and bad for the game. 

I tried my hand at Mercenaries as well...for one day. I spent a day going through the tutorial, and I have to admit I was getting into it. I enjoyed leveling up some of my mercs, completing bounties, opening packs for coins...and then the next day, I didn't feel compelled to play it again. Now, I don't think I'll touch the mode again. It's just tedious, grindy, boring. And I think it's crap that they just recycled hero portraits that are already being used in standard Hearthstone for the Mercs. Just incredibly lazy. The coin system is terrible too.

As for the upcoming expansion, I chose to ally myself with the Alliance...but my heart is with the Horde. I just wanted to get Vanndar Stormpike because I'm gonna try some big decks. 

Can't wait for the new expansion! I think I'll top out at level 150 for this battle pass. For Alterac Valley, I'm gonna craft Bru'kan of the Elements on day one and I'm gonna play a lot of Shaman. I'm 100 wins away from a golden portrait!

Pirate King 1845 1595 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 month, 4 weeks ago

Does anyone know when they will switch the Rewards Track to Fractured in Alterac? Last time, they did it a week early, and I'm still pissed about it because I was close to earning a bunch of achievements and thought I had more time. A heads-up would be nice (but also, being able to work on achievements through the actual end of the expansion cycle).

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

340 37 Posts Joined 06/17/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I went f2p after the HK nonsense and I've been tracking my gold pretty well. The battle pass progression vs. 10g/3wins made me nervous, but the last couple expansions I had a comparable amount of gold.

Last expansion, I had ~13k gold doing all dailies and weeklies and playing casually. I did not buy the minisets because I had enough dust to craft what I wanted.

Looking at the next expansion, I have a smidge under 10k gold and i'm 15-20 levels higher than last expansion. Was there a gold nerf?

So with the new expansion coming soon we´re getting close to the end of the current Rewards Track. I´m sitting at lvl 265, expecting to finish at 270, leaving my three Daylies and Weeklies for the new one. This time around I´ll have 20 lvls more than two previous  tracks but much less gold (thanks to all the cardbacks and Heroes available for gold, along with Mercenaries upgrades. Sigh). I´ve the TP bought and I´m planning to buy another one too, if the price stays the same. My old achievement count stopped at 95% done, since I´m missing a few key cards. As few people suggested, they stopped giving XP a week before an new expansion, just like the last time, so I was lucky to be able to finish most of them in time.

So, how are you are doing at the end of the track? Where are you now and where are you expecting to end? Will you keep your Dailies and Weeklies for the new one or do it asap to get few more levels now? Feels free to share whatever´s on your mind. Peace.

P.S. For the Horde! ;-)

Red Riding Hood 1570 1062 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Just hit 155 and near to 0 progress on next level.  I always like to end a track this way so I'm not wasting XP.

Haven't played much this expansion hence the low level.

Quests slots should be full for next track launch.

All generalizations are false.

Skeleton 1765 3614 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

Lvl 326 right now. Debating on whether I should save up tomorrow's weeklies to get a headstart with the expansion launch or get them done to make better use of the tavern pass XP boost.

Either way, got more than 15k gold, so I should get enough stuff from packs to work with until I know what to actually craft. Gonna go for 150 packs at first and then see where that leaves me. Saving the rest or buying some older cardbacks.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

Devoted Academic 1635 1203 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From rocketfodder

I went f2p after the HK nonsense and I've been tracking my gold pretty well. The battle pass progression vs. 10g/3wins made me nervous, but the last couple expansions I had a comparable amount of gold.

Last expansion, I had ~13k gold doing all dailies and weeklies and playing casually. I did not buy the minisets because I had enough dust to craft what I wanted.

Looking at the next expansion, I have a smidge under 10k gold and i'm 15-20 levels higher than last expansion. Was there a gold nerf?

No, I am level 220 of track and have slighly over 11k gol

-=alfi=-

Prince Charming 1595 972 Posts Joined 06/14/2019

I have ended on the current Rewards Track at level 320 and I will start the new RT with 5 quests active which enables a small jumpstart.

I have seriously contemplated to drop HS as my goto game because I have not really enjoyed the meta with the various questlines. I will at least give it another chance with the new expansion, so hopefully the meta improves considerably.

@Alleria: Since my last post I have actually received the Challenge a Friend quest TWICE, so I felt rejoiced!

By the way, because of the huge influx of purchasable cosmetics recently, I have finally decided to address my collector's addiction and step away from my obsessive need to own ALL the portraits and cardbacks.

875 502 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Ending my Stormwind reward track (free) on 169. Nice! Usually I would have pushed to 200 but didn't play as much this expansion. Not quite the games fault other games have been releasing stuff I've been sucked into.

Deadmines did renew my playing however and the choose a side thing is great. Drek'thar is fun! Can't wait to get Vandar as well.

I'll probably purchase the next pass as Alterac seems like my kind of expansion. Can't wait for the new cards. All the hero cards look fun to me so I won't be disappointed.

Gold: 2240

Dust: 3660

Well stocked for Alterac. Can't wait!

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

I'm gonna end this rewards track on Level 149, well below my target of 200. It's a bit my fault and the meta's; I just couldn't stand the inevitability of most of the decks introduced in Stormwind, like the Mage and Warlock questlines, and the disappearance of slow strategies. What made me hate it more was the fact that I was forced to play decks I hated as well, as I had the most success with Questline Warlock and Questline Shaman. They were enjoyable to play, but I just felt like crap afterwards. 

I've managed to save up 9,145 gold, with 6,900 dust (shouldn't have crafted Mr. Smite...thought he would be broken and I could just disenchant him lol). Not bad for someone who didn't purchase the tavern pass since the cosmetics offered were absolute dogsh*t. I'll probably buy the next tavern pass since I like the portraits being offered, and there seems to be more value this time around. 

I'm setting my goal for the next expansion at 200 again, and I'm gonna reach it this time, dammit! 

335 166 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

I will end at at level 225 with the pass.  I'm happy with progress considering that I lost a week and a half of daily and weekly quests due to the hurricane.  I do feel the pass is the best bargain in the game.  It will be the only thing I purchase from this company until their is a change in leadership at the top.  

Sincerely,

A Former Whale

So I´ve ended exactly at lvl 268 (5XP above) just before the start of the new rewards track. Already bought the next TP, with 2x3 quests ready to go. I usually hoard around 8-10k gold for the start of the expansion, this time it´s a bit above 4k, but I can´t complain much since I was on a spending spree (my bad lol).

Well, thank you all for contributing to this thread, sharing your progress, thoughts and insights. It was a blast reading each and every comment, and you bet I did! Now it´s time to slowly close this one down and with this words I´d like to invite someone else to take the torch from me and make another one for Alterac. Hope to see you all there soon! Good luck for your new climb all! Peace out.

Magma Rager 385 53 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm at level 259.

I was curious what level would I get if I hadn't bought battle pass. I'm a bit lazy to account for fine details, so I only looked at levels above 100. If I got 159 levels with 20% boost, then without it I would get level 132. 27 levels of difference equals 1350 gold.

Battle pass costs the same as 15 packs. It's funny that bonus gold I got from it is very close to that 15 packs equivalent.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.