Your standard ladder climb (October 2019)

Saviors of Uldum
  • frenzy's Avatar Santa Braum 205 124 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

As I play on a budget, and don't have *that* much time to grind away, my target is rank 15.

I got to 12 with my Doom Hunter deck:

Back down to 14 now, I think. I get totally wrecked by all the latest Doom decks at those ranks.

So, with free arena tickets, I dipped my toes in that. Generally fairly average, but managed back-to-back 12-2 + 11-3 runs.

Budget Hunter. All tips, tricks and decks gratefully received.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 365 343 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I climbed from 9 to 5 with Aggro Warrior.

Right now im messing around with different builds because this month i do not have the time to try the legend grind - and my usual target is rank 5 :)

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 395 323 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Climbed from 15 to 8 in wild with Mech Hunter and Mech Pally... only doing quests and farming for the 1.000 wins portrait. Then switched to Secret Mage, which is a nice change from all those mechs. First world problem: I'm at 800 wins with mage, but I also got the Medivh skin 3 years ago. I'm not sure if I even want to use the alternate Jaina skin once I get it.

Double the pride, double the fall.

• Bersak's Avatar 275 209 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Very casual month this time, Arena hooked me for good. Still managed to get to Rank 1! I may try legend on the last day if i can find some time. I played a bunch of T2 decks and worse. N‘zoth rogue got me far, highlander hunter is still fun, Druid was great before shaman got so prominent, ...

Highlander Paladin lost me a bunch of stars, i fail to find the win condition on this one.

Overall i‘m doing well in this shamanstone! But i guess all good shaman players are long legends by now..

Winner winner chicken dinner

• HairyPotter89's Avatar 70 18 Posts Joined 07/03/2019

Got to rank 5 with combo-whip-warrior (danes list) and n'zoth-rogue quite easily this month, then continued to experiment with otk-ra-warlock and hakkar-control warrior and surprisingly kept climbing, hovering between rank 3 and 4 now.

I usually don't play much beyond dailies after reaching 5 but this time I am really enjoying the meta, n'zoth is among my favorite cards as he can be a great tool to stall out or be a win condition in itself.

I don't really get why everyone hates on shaman that much, sure if of they luck out with an early evolve it sucks, but there have been far worse things around imo(maybe that's because I also play wild and am used to being hit in the face for 20dmg in turn 4). They don't seem that strong, I think the main selling point of the deck is how straight forward and ez to play it is. The only thing annoying about it for me is how many you face at times, but like I said, could be worse.

In general I think it was a good idea to bring back some wild cards, will be interesting to see if any more strategies evolve(hehe) or things stay the same now for the rest of the event/expansion. 

• CarnageTime's Avatar 60 12 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Used Highlander Hunter on NA (9/0 from 8 to R5), Tempo Rogue on EU cuz Shaman was so prevalent, 6/1 from 7 to R5). Set for the next month.

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 255 366 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Used a recent mage deck of Thijs (anti Shaman deck) to play some games yesterday evening, got me from 5 to 4 again. Probably will not get a lot higher since there is not enough time left. But its a solid deck that can win any matchup given reasonable draw.

• YJHS2000's Avatar Uther 255 118 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Zwane

Used a recent mage deck of Thijs (anti Shaman deck) to play some games yesterday evening, got me from 5 to 4 again. Probably will not get a lot higher since there is not enough time left. But its a solid deck that can win any matchup given reasonable draw.

Link to deck? Mage is next on my 500 list and looking to something to counter Shaman, since that's all I see these day

Communism is just a red herring

Here is the link to his video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501571623 Its the one from yesterday on his twitch channel, I just manually added cards from a screen shot, I dont have a link to the deck, but maybe it can be found somewhere else. He intended to destroy all shaman's with it, although his first match with a shaman went...not so well :).

• drfelip's Avatar Valeera 230 164 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

So I reached rank 6 the first week and I finished... rank 7. Worst season in a looong time. Sometimes I hate this game.

The pleasure is mine.

My last standard decks: Nothing to call home about at this time.

Well new run started @rank 8. First game: against a resurrect priest (in the left corner).  I had brought my Thijs Kills All Shamans deck (in the right corner). An epic fight ensued. We removed stuff, refilled board, did some damage, healed some also, repeated those tactics until we both had 3 cards left in the deck when I finally still had some board he could not remove anymore. An epic struggle but I won. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.