Remove Ads - Go Premium

Today I made Hearthstone a better place... How? Did you?

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 352 Posts Joined 03/22/2019
    Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago

So, did you ever made something in hearthstone that felt like a public service? I just though about it while I am still battling a 2xxx armor druid. He won the moment he got to that armor count. I had no way of winning, but then... He started roping... And well I just followed him... So here we are... 20 turns into his fatigue still roping. And I feel is the best someone can do with this kind of players. Just make sure they dont do the same to anyone else. And get them in a game for as long as you can. if you were about to stop playing and just wanted to watch some youtube.

All because he started roping...

Did you ever had a moment like this when you thought... Oh.. This will make other peoples day better? Wanted to know your thoughts...

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Thonson's Avatar Devoted Academic 655 793 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

I tend to get roped more than this one friend of mine (who rarely does) so I told him once "I just do it back when they do it".  I'm often watching something while playing anyway, so who cares!  But he told me that's immature and I'm just adding to the issue.  When I told him it actually gets them to start playing faster because they are annoyed that roping isn't annoying me.  He was almost shocked that it works that way.

And also, thank you!  I appreciate you and the good you do for this community!  LOL!!!

I never lose, I just win at having fun.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 460 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

I am 100% with you on this.

The only times I ever rope are:

1) If I get roped first, almost always on Turn 1 - that tends to get people to knock it off.

2) If I'm playing in Casual and come up against someone playing Tier 1 netdecks to gold farm those of us playing memes (as just happened with 6 Secret Highlander Paladins in a row this morning). As soon as I see what you are I rope every. single. turn. You want that easy win? Sure, but I'm going to suck up as much of your time as I possibly can. The more time you're stuck with me, the less time you can bother other people and I can just as easily read the news while I wait for my timer to burn down each turn. 

Fundamentally, my philosophy is the same as that of 2nd century Chinese warrior-sage Zhuge Liang: "If you don't give a damn, we don't give a fuck (Hey!) Don't start no shit, it won't be no shit!" Truly a wise, wise man.  

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 670 1379 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

I admire your patience.

Personally, i value my time more than that of my opponent, so i would never get into a rope battle, for a sealed match, just to fight fire with fire...

But i do so, if the match is still open.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 500 531 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Sometimes, when an opponent ropes me every turn from turn one, I rope him back starting turn 3 or 4, and most of the times it tooks like 2 turns before they start to play in regular speed.

When I see that my opponent is playing slow because he looks like he is thinking I never rope back.

-=alfi=-

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator 995 1772 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Yeah, sometimes, when my opponent is roping me for no reason at all, and you can tell, i give them the taste of their own medicine and then some. 

I play out my turn right away and then dont end it, leaving the rope to burn to the last second, so it is very clear as to what i am doing. 

They usually get annoyed back after a turn or two and start to play normally, but it is too late. I rope them till the end. Sometimes they get so annoyed they concede 😊

Maybe they will think twice before being dicks next time 🤔

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Savron's Avatar Malfurion 95 33 Posts Joined 06/10/2019
    Posted 9 months, 1 week ago

I often do something different for the community. Whenever I am at about Rank 5 and get matched with a player at R6 I instantly concede because I know how valuable this win is for them.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well i only rope in return :) - if the opponent thinks he can annoy me with roping i just rope back and that usualy does the trick :)

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• juda's Avatar Child of Galakrond 75 22 Posts Joined 09/04/2019

I added a guy who beat me and wished cancer upon his family

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 605 794 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Quote From Savron

I often do something different for the community. Whenever I am at about Rank 5 and get matched with a player at R6 I instantly concede because I know how valuable this win is for them.

This, but on all ranked floors.

Double the pride, double the fall.

• HairyPotter89's Avatar 70 19 Posts Joined 07/03/2019
    Quote From Savron

This is is actually making hearthstone a better place! Roping someone because they are roping you is not, its just wasting your own time to feel like you are getting back at someone who is also wasting your time. 

• Majere's Avatar 285 155 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Quote From Savron

A guy did this for me a few seasons back and absolutely made my day, so I've been paying it forward by doing the same ever since. Great way to spread a bit of positivity :)

May all your legendaries be golden.

• og0's Avatar HearthStationeer 630 686 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Quote From Savron

You my friend are awesome +1

All generalizations are false.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2125 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

You didn't make hearthstone a better place. Now two people are angry instead of one. Great job everyone

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 600 812 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I don't have the patience to do this.  I do applaud your patience for it though.  When I play, it is usually because I have 10 minutes here and there.  I'm an adult and I just don't have the time to deal with it.  I used to get bent out of shape when they did it... in fact I wrote a lengthy article on why people who do that should be penalized as they are disrupting the game and community.  But, in all honesty, I've got bigger and better things to do than waste my time with someone who has a double digit IQ and a 4 figure income living in their parent's basement and calling their parents "Roommates". 

• Marega's Avatar 345 551 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Thank god this HS roping issue will end in 2020. It really is annoying 

• DestroyerR's Avatar Design Champion 270 303 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From ArngrimUndying

1) If I get roped first, almost always on Turn 1 - that tends to get people to knock it off.

2) If I'm playing in Casual and come up against someone playing Tier 1 netdecks to gold farm those of us playing memes (as just happened with 6 Secret Highlander Paladins in a row this morning). As soon as I see what you are I rope every. single. turn. You want that easy win? Sure, but I'm going to suck up as much of your time as I possibly can. The more time you're stuck with me, the less time you can bother other people and I can just as easily read the news while I wait for my timer to burn down each turn. 

Fundamentally, my philosophy is the same as that of 2nd century Chinese warrior-sage Zhuge Liang: "If you don't give a damn, we don't give a fuck (Hey!) Don't start no shit, it won't be no shit!" Truly a wise, wise man.  

Might just be me, but wasting other people’s time because they’re playing a deck you don’t like doesn’t seem heroic or considerate. It’s just being a dick

Make The Cow King an alternate Warrior skin plz 

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 460 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Quote From DestroyerR

Might just be me, but wasting other people’s time because they’re playing a deck you don’t like doesn’t seem heroic or considerate. It’s just being a dick

Being a gold farmer in Casual is also being a dick. Give shitty, get shitty. 

• RandomGuy's Avatar 335 594 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

"I made the world a better place."

Did you though?

• DestroyerR's Avatar Design Champion 270 303 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From DestroyerR

Being a gold farmer in Casual is also being a dick. Give shitty, get shitty. 

No it isn’t. Playing Casual doesn’t mean you have the right to punish the opponent for playing a deck that is unfun to you.

Make The Cow King an alternate Warrior skin plz 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium