Standard is awful right now

Descent of Dragons
    130 24 Posts Joined 01/01/2020
    Posted 3 years ago

Anyone else feel this way?  The Ramp Druid/Res Priest is awful to play against.  A monkey could pilot those decks. How hard is it to throw Taunt minions out every turn that have reborn and regne health?  Its ridiculous....done with it.  Battlegrounds if I play at all. 

Pumpkin 1175 1803 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

In before "HSReplay sez Quest Priest Tier 2 hurr durr."

Hero of Warcraft 775 820 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

So you never met pre-pre nerf quest rogue or old pirate warrior? This meta is absolutly fine

Skeleton 1980 4495 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

What fucking Ramp Druid are you talking about?

Even Rez Priest is like less than 10% of the ladder.

Everyone's playing Rogue now because it beats all of those decks (and most others)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

275 91 Posts Joined 09/10/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I played a lot of ramp druid and rez priest, and they are tier 2 decks and certainly not meta-defining. And the meta atm is ok cause many different decks are actually viable.

Posted 3 years ago

Can't beat em join em....8-0 with Embiggen Druid..  Such a cheap easy deck.  This game has gone downhill ladder wise the past 6 sets.   BattleGrounds is an outstanding addition and the Solo's are better.  Ladder play sucks. 

The Undying 825 827 Posts Joined 07/16/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

So much talk about win rates.

A deck can have a 0٪ win rate and be terrible to play against Grave Rune [Hearthstone Card (conniving infiltrator) Not Found] is straight up cancer to play against, an embiggened cant be targetted taunt Is less aids but still aids.

Shut up about tiers. Shut up about pirate warrior.

Living like that.

Ancestral Recall 1580 2271 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

Everyone's playing Rogue now because it beats all of those decks (and most others)

There's a new druid deck revolving around witching hour and the new druid taunt.

Skeleton 1980 4495 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

There's a new druid deck revolving around witching hour and the new druid taunt.

I maybe ran into that one twice within the last two days, so it can't be popular enough to complain about.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

Posted 3 years ago

Have you played the last 2 days?

Draconically Dedicated 510 626 Posts Joined 06/11/2019
    Posted 3 years ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

So then what I'm hearing is that *I* should by Quest Res Priest too and stock up on Plague of Death, Mass Dispel, etc? Can do!

/s

But for real though my take on "cancerous meta" is one where there are ONLY 1-2 viable decks that stomp everything - like pre-nerf Shamanstone, or the Halloween Deathrattle/N'zoth Priest. If the meta has 4-7 good competitive decks (Res Priest, Pirate Warrior, Taunt Druid, Galakrond Rogue, etc) then I think it's fine. But i'm also someone who fucks around in ranks 20-15 by design since I like to play "less optimized" decks and memey stuff, so take my opinion for what it's worth...

620 872 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Come to wild then. the variety is amazing.

270 335 Posts Joined 09/02/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I smile every time I see people praise HSBG; it's honestly the least interesting or enjoyable form of autobattler I've tried, and I can only assume people who are big on it just haven't/don't play other autobattler games.

As for the meta, if you go back through various forum archives you can see a thousand threads that are essentially identical to this one. All of them whined about some deck or other which was allegedly brainless, unbeatable, what have you. None of those decks, and none of those threads, bore out in truth.

So, what's more likely here - that somehow the current meta is the one that managed to actually manifest an utterly broken deck when no previous one has... or that you're just salty and whining about it? A little self-awareness is all.

I see you when you're sleeping; I'm gone before you wake

I'm not as good as turn 4 Barnes; But I'm at least a Twilight Drake

Pumpkin 1175 1803 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago
    Quote From Bystekhilcar

I smile every time I see people praise HSBG; it's honestly the least interesting or enjoyable form of autobattler I've tried, and I can only assume people who are big on it just haven't/don't play other autobattler games.

That assumption would be false.

I tried Auto Chess when it first blew up, and I thought it was the most boring game I had ever played in my life.

Note that I despise MOBAs, so that may have a lot to do with my preference.

Rexxar 470 231 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Did druid become something overnight? Every druid I face gets obliterated by hunter and rogue, but I'm around rank 9 right now so I could simply face a different eta than you. Where are you at on ladder?

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

Ancestral Recall 1580 2271 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

I maybe ran into that one twice within the last two days, so it can't be popular enough to complain about.

I played around casual for the last 2 days I saw this deck in around half my games (played 15 I think) it's gaining popularity.. it reminds me of res priest.. and the worst of all is that you can't really sheep or hex the annoying minion cause it's untargetable.. (well sheep or hex still makes witching hour less consistent... like with hadronox)

I played the deck a bit it can be rushed down.. or get out controlled with perfect control draws of control warrior.. but galakround warrior seem to have no chance against it.. similar to res priest actually it's also really good vs face hunter it got taunts, heals.. and armor gain.

it's interesting how one card created a full deck I kind of regret not rating the card a 5 star card (put it at 4/5)

270 335 Posts Joined 09/02/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I honestly don't understand it, but hey, you do you mang. As far as I'm concerned, though, if you compare HSBG to TFT, HSBG loses in essentially every criteria except 'ability to play on phone'.

I see you when you're sleeping; I'm gone before you wake

I'm not as good as turn 4 Barnes; But I'm at least a Twilight Drake

Posted 3 years ago

Started..Up to 7 already...

Posted 3 years ago

I'm rank 9 on ladder Standard..

Just started wild today and crafted secret mage...already rank 7..lol

Posted 3 years ago

Battlegrounds is more simplistic. I dont like TFT

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.