Odes to our Favorite Bad Cards of All Time

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Swamp 605 1207 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

Let me add Sir Finley of the Sands.

Dear Scarab Knight, 

They didn't let you start during the first turn [as a (1)1/3], 

They hindered back your knighthood placing you second in line, and made impossible to reliably tutor your arrival [with Crystology]

Soon enough

To make you good.

• RangDipkin's Avatar Rexxar 155 66 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

My dear dear Emeriss,

Oh where oh where did we go amiss?

For it was clearly impossible to foresee,

That playing an 8/8 do-nothing on 10 would result in your own death subsequently...

• lMarcusl's Avatar 125 106 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I'm having a real hard time deciding on this one, as there are several cards that are generally considered not particularly great that I've spent eons trying to build decks around. My first thought was Iron Juggernaut which has been a must in pretty much every Control Warrior I've ever built. If only he was odd-costed... Then there's Rotface and Blackhowl Gunspire, cards that fit into an archetype I've always wanted to be good, that being self-damage value Warrior. They even had great support with the Warrior DK, Sudden Genesis etc. Plus, King Mosh was there to provide even more payoff for your whirlwind effects.

But my choice would have to go to Stalagg and Feugen. I think I must have spent like 3 years with those cards as an integral part of one of my main decks, originally in Hunter, later in Rogue. I've finally said goodbye to them and no longer include them in my deathrattle strategies but they were super fun. There was nothing more enjoyable than having your N'Zoth board wiped only for several Thaddiuses to drop in for the kill. If only there wasn't that sliiiiight wrinkle that if one of them gets transformed your entire deck stops working....

• JohnnyStorm's Avatar 95 13 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

One of my first legendaries was The Boogeymonster. I tried several times to build windfury Shaman with this guy, but I was never good at deckbuilding, so it wasn't successful, as you might guess.

• Live4vrRdieTryn's Avatar 100 59 Posts Joined 07/14/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Recently I fear it has been Bandersmosh. I remember opening this chap up in Golden and fist pumping because it’s the exact kind of card I like to get in gold. I like how his name sounds like a bad British hip hop artist too!

Bandy is a hell of a lot of fun (when he wants to be..) but has the days numbered: when it cycles to wild there are sooo many useless legendaries that this card as cool as it is will see even less play than now if that is even possible. 
    #booooonotmakingcontrolshamangood

• MCMitta's Avatar Wonderform Operator 200 22 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 day, 18 hours ago

Mine would be Mech-Bear-Cat. If they would have made it a 6/7 instead of a 7/6, is would work so much better.

And Eadric the Pure also has a place in my heart.

• Beatdoof's Avatar Eevee 85 21 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 14 hours ago
    Quote From MCMitta

Mine would be Mech-Bear-Cat. If they would have made it a 6/7 instead of a 7/6, is would work so much better.

And Eadric the Pure also has a place in my heart.

First of all digging that Sam Giancana avatar. 

As for the thread's purposes, most of the bad cards I love tend to be Legendaries, but in particular is Dreadscale and Rotface, who isn't really that bad, but they just never got their chance in the sun, and that sucks :c

Another bad card I dig is Rusty Recycler. Just his opening quote and his simple Lifesteal/Taunt effect...I just really vibe, y'know?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.