How many golden legendaries have you opened?

• Nyxtan's Avatar 170 6 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Hey all, I just wanted to ask how many golden legendaries have you got from packs in the whole time you've played the game. I personally started playing in 2016 when Old Gods came out and since, I've opened only ONE golden legendary - Lilian Voss. My friend, who's played for the same amount of time as me and we open roughly the same amount of packs, has already opened between five to ten golden legendaries (I can't remember exactly how many). What are your numbers? Is he really lucky or am I really unlucky? Where's the truth? Post below!

• Kronos's Avatar 40 40 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I opened one and I started from the beginning. Your friend buys way more packs than you think...

Opening 5 golden legendary cards is not luck its a shit load of packs.

• plazmanoob's Avatar 260 38 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Hi, i've been playing hearthstone since KoFT, and I opened 3 golden legendaries (A Millhouse that I disenchanted, a Meca'thun, and a Elysiana that i recently disenchanted too.)

I think the average is getting a golden legendary for each 10-15 regular ones. So you're probably unlucky and your friend is lucky.

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 1165 789 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Okay, Ive just checked - Ive opened 12 golden legendaries (playing from season 1). Not including crafted or from bundles/free ones. I dont know the odds so I guess Im lucky then?

Please be kind to each other

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 485 481 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Playing since beta as a semi-f2p and I have opened 4 golden legendaries: Illidan Stormrage, Nozdormu, Lord Jaraxxus and Zerek's Cloning Gallery. All of them are pretty bad so easy 1600 dust each :)

• SunbleachedAngel's Avatar 180 143 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Two, Harrison Johnes and Leeroy if I'm not mistaken

• MoonEevee's Avatar Eevee 340 56 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

6 golden legendaries and I've been playing since Un'goro! Two classic (Hogger and Millhouse Manastorm, two years of distance), one from KotFT (found one week before Hogger, Prince Valanar) and three from ROS (Heistbaron Togwaggle, Keeper Stalladris and Oblivitron). Yes, a lot of luck with ROS for only opening 100 packs (f2p!). All of them still with me :)
    It's only luck, nothing else, there is the pity timer but, with the exception of the classic set, you will never reach it

Not everyone is mother tongue! Roar.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 835 630 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I've been playing since mid-KoFT, and I've only opened two golden legendaries: Duskfallen Aviana (dusted immediately) and Harrison Jones

As for the golden ones I got from pre-orders, I have Zerek's Cloning Gallery and Barista Lynchen

• Zelgadis's Avatar Wizard 935 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I've been playing since open beta (except for a few months during GvG when I was bored of the meta) and the golden legendaries I got from packs are:

I've been thinking about disenchanting Temporus and The Voraxx, but I still have some unfounded hope that they'll be useful in a deck some day.

So 8 golden legendaries from packs in 5 years. I put some money into Hearthstone, but not a lot: typically one pre-order or two smaller bundles a year. I do try to get all the freebies I can, by playing every tavern brawl, completing the vast majority of my daily quests and leaving open unfinished arena runs when it rotates.

• Elemeno's Avatar 90 25 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I think you and I are both unlucky. I’ve opened one golden legendary, and I’ve played since GvG. According to the source below, on average you should get a golden for approximately 1 out of 10 legendaries you open, unless I am reading it incorrectly

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Card_pack_statistics

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1745 2912 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

my first one was a golden Edwin VanCleef, I mulled it over for about an hour and DUSTED him, I have never looked back once.

I have also opened Herald Volazj, High Priestess Jeklik, [Hearthstone Card (Lyra, the Sunshard) Not Found], Splintergraft (which I later opened as normal), and I crafted a Whizbang the Wonderful in gold. 

all of these cards are now DUSTED. and I don't regret it.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• deywos's Avatar 30 1 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

From 02/2015, I still own them:

Aluneth Card ImageCrystalsmith Kangor Card ImageChameleos Card Image
    Confessor Paletress Card ImageClutchmother Zavas Card ImageThe Skeleton Knight Card Image
    Baku the Mooneater Card ImageYsera Card ImageTinkmaster Overspark Card Image

I've dusted only Captain Greenskin for Alexstrasza.

• Jaybaseball1's Avatar 225 54 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I've been playing since LoE release. I'm F2P. I've opened three:

Deathwing

Harrison Jones

Da Undatakah

I think that's pretty average.

• Irini's Avatar 160 20 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
  • GerritDeMan's Avatar Unicorn Reveler 520 264 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I started playing in 2015 (during TGT I believe). The golden legendaries I have opened are:

Classic: Onyxia, was probably among the 15th-18th legendary I opened in my classic packs.

TGT: Gormok the Impaler, was the 4th or 5th legendary I opened in that expansion.

Gadgetzan: Don Han'Cho, was the 8th legendary I opened in that expansion.

Un'goro: Pyros, was the first legendary I opened in that expansion.

The Witchwood: Lady in White, Duskfallen Aviana, Emeriss (As you can probably tell, The Witchwood was my best expansion ever in terms of pack quality), I think I opened a total of 11 legendaries in that expansion.

Rastakhan's Rumble: Princess Talanji, I think it was the 4th legendary I opened in that expansion.

I haven't disenchanted any of them (yes, not even Duskfallen Aviana :p)

• Chimera's Avatar HearthStationeer 685 680 Posts Joined 10/22/2018
    Posted 3 years ago

I think something like 8-10 over about 5 years. The first couple i dusted because i needed cards at the time. Kind of wish i didn't as they were malygos and alex

• pyromaniacwolf201's Avatar 30 3 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Golden Jaraxxus is the only golden legendary I've ever unpacked in my years of playing, albeit I've only recently put any money into the game for the newest adventure. Honestly, I was delighted when I unpacked it because it was literally the only legendary I wanted at the time; getting it in gold was even better!

Lord Jaraxxus Card Image

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1805 3008 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I've been playing since it started, originally as F2P.  But I also stopped between GvG and Un'Goro.  Since restarting with Un'Goro though, I think I have opened maybe 8 or 9 total

• EndlessTides's Avatar Funnel Cakes 365 232 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

Golden Ysera, Golden Don Han'Cho and Golden Hex Lord Malacrass.

I dusted a Golden Lord Jaraxxus before realising the folly of my ways. I know now how foolish I have been and have been seeking repentance for 3 years. I'm sorry..... 😬

Edit: I've been on a bit of a pack opening binge recently and can now add Scargil and Prince Taldaram to my list. Noice... 

Cocked, locked and ready to rock... 

• AliRadicali's Avatar 460 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 years ago

I've been playing since old gods and it's been 7 golden legendaries from packs so far. It sounds like you're really unlucky. Then again getting a golden Flark's Boomzooka, Wilfred Fizzlebang or Icehowl isn't exactly the epitome of luck either, but I'm not bitter at all.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.