Remove Ads - Go Premium

Rewards Track: Current progress

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • SLima's Avatar The Undying 355 262 Posts Joined 08/17/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From dapperdog

Anyone had the unfortunate experience of not finishing up their weekly quests? I really would like to know if you still get 3 of them at the start of the week, or if its just 1750xp wasted.

I didn't finish the 7 ranked wins quest last week because i didn't feel like playing a long time on ladder at all. I got only 3 wins while completing other quests. The quest carried over with 3 wins to the next week which means i probably lost a ton of exp in the process. Doesn't bother me that much because i'm not going to bend over and do whatever the game wants me to do when i don't want to but the short answer is: Yes, you will be severely punished if you don't submit to the game's demands.

"True mastery takes dedication."

• griffior's Avatar 500 214 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 6 days, 22 hours ago
    Quote From sto650
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From griffior

Before I start, I'm going to make it clear that I'm not for or against the new system because I don't know how my net gold or rewards will look at the end of this expansion cycle.

- I am currently level 18 (with the XP boost from purchasing) while only playing ~1-2 hours a day so that means, according to this table found here, that I have earned at least 23,400 experience in three days by doing dailies, weeklies, and random achievement bonuses. That being said, an expansion cycle is (typically) 4 months/~120 days. So if we do the math; 23,400 divided by 3 is 7,800. Now multiply that by 120 and we get 936,000, which according to the graph table listed above puts me at maxing out the rewards track. If my math is wrong please correct me, and I'm not making a case for the rewards track, I'm just putting out what I (super capitalized) have gotten to and what I might get to by the end of this cycle.

When the new track was released they filled out our quest bar with 3 normal quests and 3 weeklies (I think that includes the duels quest which awards scholomance packs). So technically you're counting the xp gained in the last 3 days using a metric where you've fully completed 5 dailies and 3 weeklies. Wouldn't be representative

Disclude the achievements xp. Its one time only and its a pain in the arse to complete. I wouldn't use it as a metric anyway.

To properly calculate it, just imagine a week's worth of quest plus a decent amount of playtime xp. The math is readily available in reddit if you're interested. Just add in your 10% boost.

Its not possible to max out without playing at least 5 hours a day. Even with the boost I'm sure its impossible to achieve without committing like full time to it.

Agreed with this. @griffior - do those calculations again at the start of next week, when you don't have the front-loaded dump of all sorts of extra exp to get started. THAT will be the accurate metric of how much exp you will get daily

So let me redo the math instead, let's subtract all the daily quests up to day three when this thread was made. Which takes away roughly ~5000 XP away from the sum I had at that time. So the total would be 18,400 XP, divided by three which is 6,133. Then multiply that by ~120 is 736,000 which still puts me at above maxing out the Track. However one thing I forgot about for the initial calculation were the achievements that I may have gotten which bloated the total amount of XP. As you can tell it's just too late to try to calculate this mess, our best option is to wait for the next track to start making calculations.

I'm currently at level 23 today and the grind is definitely there and it feels especially bad because now instead of achievements being a happy accidents I'm finding myself Achievement Hunting, which is not something I like doing at my age.

One thing I'd like to add however is that the Rewards Track is only a ~week old and I'm already almost halfway through it and I'm saying this is a good thing, I'm saying that the potential for a real grindfest is still possible towards the end of the track which is something I am absolutely not looking forward to.

• Tetsuo's Avatar 395 337 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 20 hours ago

I've been playing almost every day since the new system's launch, for about 3-4 hours, and I'm only at Rank 21. My quest trays are constantly empty after the first two days, I think I finished the weekly quests that quick. I think they need to provide more quests instead of just giving one daily, especially for players who manage to finish everything quickly. 

While I appreciate the frontloaded rewards, they're just not enough, and the extremely slow progress of leveling up is just really demotivating. The only thing keeping me going right now is my quest to get the 1000-win portraits for Warrior (901 wins) and Demon Hunter (723); other than that, playing for little reward other than fun seems pretty bad. I mean, fun is good, but I've invested heavily in this game so I expect a bit more in return. 

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 370 381 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Posted 6 days, 19 hours ago
    Quote From Tetsuo

I've been playing almost every day since the new system's launch, for about 3-4 hours, and I'm only at Rank 21. My quest trays are constantly empty after the first two days, I think I finished the weekly quests that quick. I think they need to provide more quests instead of just giving one daily, especially for players who manage to finish everything quickly. 

While I appreciate the frontloaded rewards, they're just not enough, and the extremely slow progress of leveling up is just really demotivating. The only thing keeping me going right now is my quest to get the 1000-win portraits for Warrior (901 wins) and Demon Hunter (723); other than that, playing for little reward other than fun seems pretty bad. I mean, fun is good, but I've invested heavily in this game so I expect a bit more in return. 

That sounds pretty miserable. How much un-fun would you have to have before you considered trying one of the other games featured on this site?

Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago
    Quote From sto650
    Quote From Tetsuo

That sounds pretty miserable. How much un-fun would you have to have before you considered trying one of the other games featured on this site?

I played Battlegrounds quite a bit before, but I grew tired of it eventually. It just felt boring. Duels is much better, though after seeing the pitiful rewards you'll get even after 12 wins (check out RDU's video when he opened his rewards), I don't feel as inclined to try it. 

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy playing ranked. Right now my goal of getting those 1,000-win portraits for Warrior and DH is enough to keep me playing. My only wish is for the rewards to be better eventually, which I think they will be. 

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar 715 206 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 6 days, 12 hours ago
    Quote From griffior

One thing I'd like to add however is that the Rewards Track is only a ~week old and I'm already almost halfway through it and I'm saying this is a good thing, I'm saying that the potential for a real grindfest is still possible towards the end of the track which is something I am absolutely not looking forward to.

Although the reward track shows that you are almost halfway through to reaching level 50, the required amount of XP to reach that level would say that you are just about 25% on the way currently. This seems so wrong to me, coz the amount of XP gained after each game played does not change at all and the rewards also do not scale up significantly enough.

🎃 YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!  ⚔️

• FinalOlive's Avatar 50 9 Posts Joined 11/19/2020
    Posted 6 days, 12 hours ago

I'm at level 25, got the other free legendary last night. I played a lot and I mean a lot since the new progression launched, because I got the BG quest and played BG just to clear it but I ended up liking the mode.

This battle system is absolutely brutal and slow. You have to wait several days to get another level even if you play a lot like me. Meanwhile the old system you are guaranteed 100 gold every 2 days even if you play less than an hour per day.

I tried doing the DMF achivements to get some extra exp, and they are just so bad lol. They are either give too little EXP (100), or are just too hard to do in ranked mode and is a waste of time.

Blizzard really screwed us with this update.

• Alfi's Avatar 830 648 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 5 hours ago

Agree with both, too slow progress and very hard achievments in ranked mode

-=alfi=-

• Marega's Avatar 410 631 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 6 days, 3 hours ago

safest bet is to run BGs in the background when not playing other modes. cooking? launch BGs. studying? launch BG's. playing a non online game like the witcher? launch BGs.

ive actually been playing a bit of BGs not just letting it run with inactivity. its not a bad mode, u get decent xp for ur time

• MisterFerro's Avatar Charmander 275 86 Posts Joined 09/06/2019
    Posted 5 days, 7 hours ago
    Quote From MisterFerro
    Quote From MisterFerro

Currently level 17 (501/2600) towards 18, and I do not have the Tavern Pass. I only played Ranked Standard to get to Gold 10 otherwise I've been playing Battle Grounds/Duels for achievements. I did complete last weeks win 7 games of Ranked Play mode via low Bronze Wild while completing Ride Together, Die Together, Lothraxion's Balloon Shop & Two Punch Man.

Newly made level 23 (244/3200) towards 24. I've been collecting the Darkmoon Faire xp achievements & completed Duelist 5-9 yesterday before the launch that netted me 5,800 xp. I posted in the 80g (That needs a name update!) quest trading thread if any1 on NA has the Challenge a Friend daily.

I have just made it to level 25 & this was my Legendary reward:

Y'Shaarj, the Defiler Card Image

• ArcticFox's Avatar Zombie 285 105 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 5 days, 1 hour ago

Currently, lvl 21 and the rewards track feels awful. I don't know about the math but it feels like it takes 3 days of dailies to get 100 gold while it used to take only one day to get 60 gold. The weekly quests should be the daily quests. Blizzard slowed down the gold amount and stopped the ten gold for 3 wins. I feel like I am not really incentivized to play as 400 experience for an hour is insanely lower than 10 gold for three wins. It feels really bad and a loss of efficacy. I am scared that the Pluderin' Pirates card back from September 2014 might pop up in the hearthstone shop and I will be powerless to get the gold that I need to pay for it. So I need to keep at least 500 gold in my account just for that purpose.

I think this new rewards track might actually slowly kill the game because it feels like players have fewer real ways of getting gold. At the very least give the players back the 3 wins for 10 gold option.

I am proud of those content creators who are taking a stand on YouTube and other platforms against  the new reward track as this game is not just for fun but their way of getting money.

Posted 5 days ago
    Quote From MisterFerro
    Quote From MisterFerro
    Quote From MisterFerro

Currently level 17 (501/2600) towards 18, and I do not have the Tavern Pass. I only played Ranked Standard to get to Gold 10 otherwise I've been playing Battle Grounds/Duels for achievements. I did complete last weeks win 7 games of Ranked Play mode via low Bronze Wild while completing Ride Together, Die Together, Lothraxion's Balloon Shop & Two Punch Man.

Newly made level 23 (244/3200) towards 24. I've been collecting the Darkmoon Faire xp achievements & completed Duelist 5-9 yesterday before the launch that netted me 5,800 xp. I posted in the 80g (That needs a name update!) quest trading thread if any1 on NA has the Challenge a Friend daily.

I have just made it to level 25 & this was my Legendary reward:

Y'Shaarj, the Defiler Card Image

It would be awesome if the level 25 reward was a guaranteed Old God. Hell, they should have made the legendary you get at the start of the rewards track an Old God. I still don't understand why they couldn't give players a free Old God at the expansion's launch. I'm just lucky I got Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate as my golden legendary from the bundle. 

They were so generous with gifting us all the Galakrond cards in Descent of Dragons last year so it's reasonable that players feel shafted right now. But then again, that was right after the Blitzchung controversy so Blizzard probably gave them away for free just to appease the fanbase. My hunch is they never really intended to make the Galakronds free too.

• Alleria's Avatar 475 227 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 16 hours ago
    Quote From Tetsuo
    It would be awesome if the level 25 reward was a guaranteed Old God.

Unfortunatelly, it isn´t :/ Right now I´m lvl 26 and my legendary was

Deck of Chaos Card Image.

Thankfully I was lucky to get golden C'Thun, the Shattered from the first golden pack :)

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 765 1450 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 4 days, 15 hours ago

Imo the real problem with the xp track is that the curve accelerates too fast.

It's going to be a real pain to feel any real progression beyond level 30, because level requirements rise exponentially, with a too high exponent imo.

Everyone's talking of gold, which is important, but progression is everything in any xp system: if you feel none despite quite some investment, and if all you get is a dull bunch of gold (in character-based games slow progression is compensated by new perks that change the way you play or its quality), interest will drop soon into the same flatness as the old system - or worse because of exhaustion.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar Face Collector 740 672 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 4 days, 11 hours ago
    Quote From Tetsuo
    It would be awesome if the level 25 reward was a guaranteed Old God. Hell, they should have made the legendary you get at the start of the rewards track an Old God. I still don't understand why they couldn't give players a free Old God at the expansion's launch. I'm just lucky I got Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate as my golden legendary from the bundle. 
    They were so generous with gifting us all the Galakrond cards in Descent of Dragons last year so it's reasonable that players feel shafted right now. But then again, that was right after the Blitzchung controversy so Blizzard probably gave them away for free just to appease the fanbase. My hunch is they never really intended to make the Galakronds free too.

The Galakronds were a seriously special case, because they were there in addition to the usual 25 legendaries. They, like the original C'Thun, are also distinct from the new Old God cards in that there was a significant fraction of the set that only worked with them and was basically text-less without them. Meanwhile, the new Old Gods work with cards that function by themselves, or in C'Thun's case, are generated without needing anything else.

Given that, I don't think there is any reason to believe they were ever planned to be collected in packs. There is certainly room for them to be more generous, but I don't think the Galakronds are a great comparison point here.

------------------------------------

As for my thoughts on whether the reward track feels too grind-y, I am not too fussed about it. I have never been someone who needs rewards to make it feel like it was worth my time: I am playing the game because I enjoy the games themselves, no so much for the tangible rewards along the way. So I'm not going to lose motivation to play the game at the higher levels when it takes a while to level up.

I have just reached level 25 (no Tavern Pass), which took me about 9 days. Cumulative XP-wise level 25 is about a fifth of the way to level 50. Even being conservative and assuming I get XP at half the speed from now on, that's about 4*18=72 more days to get to level 50. That honestly doesn't sound like a daunting slog to me, especially since I knew going into it that it would be something spanning 4 months.

Posted 2 days, 8 hours ago

Short update -> After 11 days I'm currently at level 31 with the next level almost in sight, but this is mostly due to the influx of XP gained from newly received weekly quests. The slow XP grind is really starting to become unbearable. Especially since I will be running out of XP from achievements to gain from which do not require absurd conditions or legendaries/epics I do not (yet) own.

I hope by the end of this week, I will reach level 35 where the 20% XP boost is located. I know the extra 5% XP boost does not make up for the inequal scaling up of the required XP per level though.

😔 

Quote From Alleria
    Quote From Tetsuo
    It would be awesome if the level 25 reward was a guaranteed Old God.

Unfortunatelly, it isn´t :/ Right now I´m lvl 26 and my legendary was

Deck of Chaos Card Image.

Thankfully I was lucky to get golden C'Thun, the Shattered from the first golden pack :)

Ughhh, after grinding to level 25 for that free legendary, I got Deck of Chaos too. So far, almost every single legendary I've gotten this expansion has been useless, aside from the free Yogg I got from the bundle and Grand Totem Eys'or from a golden pack. Everything else has been unusable. 

I wouldn't really mind the RNG nature of the legendaries we get, if only we had a viable alternative to attaining them. But given the game's absolutely miserly economy, I really have to be careful with how to spend the precious dust I've hoarded up over the past few expansions. I want to craft Inara Stormcrash so I can complete my Enhancement Shaman deck (it's doing well without her though), and I wanna craft N'Zoth, the Corruptor for Wild as well. But I feel like if I spend my dust, I'll be wasting them now that I won't be buying bundles anymore, so I'll have no other choice for the foreseeable future but to grind out games for XP that will only lead to measly rewards. 

I hope they introduce some fixes soon. Reddit has been protesting non-stop, let's hope it actually leads somewhere. 

• Riffraff's Avatar 475 176 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

I am in nearly the same camp - I will probably be level 33, maybe even close to 34, by the end of today thanks to the weekly quests and my OCD need to complete them in the first day.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Face Collector 545 972 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 days, 4 hours ago

I'm trying to quit this game, and threads like this and the ones on reddit are convincing me to drop this game. 

I'm still hopeful ActivisionBlizzard will do something to address these issues, but it doesn't look like it ... 

Posted 2 days, 3 hours ago

Amazing, I just encountered an opponent with the level 50 reward; the alternate coin. That would mean he/she accomplished this feat within 11 days! 🤯

Not sure what to think of this appearance though.

EDIT: I double checked, it was NOT the paid reward track cosmetic coin. My bad!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium