Rewards Track: Current progress

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
    Senior Moderator 1370 948 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago
    Quote From Alleria
    the Greybough one is killing me as I don´t own the legendary and need to pick Druid, get it in my buckets AND get to play him and resummon, if I´m lucky enough not to have him hexed or polymorfed. Takes ages so maybe that´s where my XP are comming from :D

I feel your pain. I've done quite many achievements that way, now only missing these "get this exact card in buckets, draw it and so on". I think my Greyboughs are at 23 now, but I'm not going to exhaust myself and try to get...200, was it? I do fully intend to force the ETC achievement though, Blizzard give me the damn buckets where he is included.

On topic, I'm currently just beyond lvl 60 (got 61 or 62 this morning).

820 339 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago
    Quote From FrostyFeet
    I feel your pain. I've done quite many achievements that way, now only missing these "get this exact card in buckets, draw it and so on". I think my Greyboughs are at 23 now, but I'm not going to exhaust myself and try to get...200, was it? I do fully intend to force the ETC achievement though, Blizzard give me the damn buckets where he is included.

I´m currently 155/200 with the Greybough so I´m gonna finish it just for the sake of it. Best thing to force ETC is to put every rush minion in your starting deck, that way I could get even two ETCs from time to time, that´s the quickiest way. Too bad there is no way to force Il´gynoth or High Exarch Yrel, that´s the only two achievements I can´t complete without owning them :/

Charmander 350 100 Posts Joined 09/06/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I've finally hit level 50 and I'm debating on who to chose for my reward.

I chose Earthfury Thrall as my alt reward.

Global Moderator Excited Elf 1710 2048 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From Alleria
    Quote From FrostyFeet

I´m currently 155/200 with the Greybough so I´m gonna finish it just for the sake of it. Best thing to force ETC is to put every rush minion in your starting deck, that way I could get even two ETCs from time to time, that´s the quickiest way. Too bad there is no way to force Il´gynoth or High Exarch Yrel, that´s the only two achievements I can´t complete without owning them :/

I mean, Burgle Rogue to the rescue?:D

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From sinti
    Quote From Alleria
    Quote From FrostyFeet

Good one, all that´s left is to find someone who´s actually playing them on ladder :D

(would hit you with a snowball for this, if I had any left :P)

930 783 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From Alleria
    Quote From sinti

Good one, all that´s left is to find someone who´s actually playing them on ladder :D

No need to find anyone, that's priest's schtick. Burgle rogue just generates them out of 'thin air'. Dragon's Hoard is your best friend here, although it will take quite a while to find specific legendaries enough times to finish the achievements.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Quote From Alleria
    Quote From sinti

No need to find anyone, that's priest's schtick. Burgle rogue just generates them out of 'thin air'. Dragon's Hoard is your best friend here, although it will take quite a while to find specific legendaries enough times to finish the achievements.

Oh, didn´t think of that. I think it´s obvious I don´t play Rogue.. at all :P But will deff try this, thanks!

(I owe you a snowball for this too :D)

ON TOPIC: I´ve just hit lvl 100 with paid track. So it took me a week from lvl 80 to 100 (quests along with XP achievements).

Face Collector 1080 284 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

I just reached level 160, still 190 levels (or 9500 gold) to go. Meta feels really stale now, I doubt the nerfs will change very much.

Hopefully, the mini set arrives soon, so we can calculate how many packs should be opened to collect at least all the epics, rares and commons.

How are you progressing on the reward track?

❄️THE END OF COVID-19 IS COMING ! ❄️

600 198 Posts Joined 04/30/2020
    Posted 1 week ago

I'm at level 100, halfway to 101 as of today. I like the fact that I can get a level or two a day with the daily and a little bit (or more, for two) of play time.

Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From Riffraff

I'm at level 100, halfway to 101 as of today. I like the fact that I can get a level or two a day with the daily and a little bit (or more, for two) of play time.

Same here, but I still wonder if the old system of 3 wins rewarding 10 gold is better or worse. What do you think?

600 198 Posts Joined 04/30/2020
    Posted 6 days, 19 hours ago

I don't know which is better - my gut says that 10 gold for three wins probably felt better because winning felt like it mattered then. I do know that the current rewards track feels better than the first iteration did, and I feel like I will have a good deal of gold to show for my efforts by the end of the expansion. I'm a paying player (I buy most bundles), but I like to supplement with gold-bought packs at the beginning of an expansion too.

COMMENT_COUNT_200_HS 605 244 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 6 days, 18 hours ago
    Quote From Riffraff

I don't know which is better - my gut says that 10 gold for three wins probably felt better because winning felt like it mattered then. I do know that the current rewards track feels better than the first iteration did, and I feel like I will have a good deal of gold to show for my efforts by the end of the expansion. I'm a paying player (I buy most bundles), but I like to supplement with gold-bought packs at the beginning of an expansion too.

From a F2P point of view, so comparing cost to achievable gold (again considering I am F2P - meaning casual), the new system is no better. At best, it is the same. They could have done absolutely nothing, and I'd still be in the same place. I'm sure they've captured a load of people who suddenly feel like it is worth spending more money, but for me it is actually a little bit more boring than before. Their *really big thing* was "a sense of achievement". Meh.

Considering how bad it was to start with, when they first said that it was great, but actually shafted players, it really shows how money grabbing they are. 

I'm level 41 at the moment. Vaguely looking forward to the level 50 hero avatar thing. Hoping they are going to take away all the clicks needed to navigate around.

by frenzy 4 months, 2 weeks ago
    1 1380 1380 337 0
    by frenzy 8 months, 1 week ago
    1 1640 1640 375 0
    3 1440 1440 1102 0
    by frenzy 1 year, 3 months ago
    4 3400 3400 576 0

Another minor OCD issue I have is that my gold total ends with a '5'. Except for Arena (which I dislike), there are no other modes that reward '5' gold. I only create an Arena deck per rotation to get a free pack and refund tavern ticket.

This problem is also relevant for my total dust count 😅

AFAIK you can get +5 gold in Heroic Duels aswell, maybe you can try that with your free ticket (if you have any left).

Global Moderator Excited Elf 1710 2048 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago
    Quote From frenzy
    Quote From Riffraff

From a F2P point of view, so comparing cost to achievable gold (again considering I am F2P - meaning casual), the new system is no better. At best, it is the same. They could have done absolutely nothing, and I'd still be in the same place. I'm sure they've captured a load of people who suddenly feel like it is worth spending more money, but for me it is actually a little bit more boring than before. Their *really big thing* was "a sense of achievement". Meh.

Considering how bad it was to start with, when they first said that it was great, but actually shafted players, it really shows how money grabbing they are. 

I'm level 41 at the moment. Vaguely looking forward to the level 50 hero avatar thing. Hoping they are going to take away all the clicks needed to navigate around.

Yeah, the reason you have to go and claim the rewards, similar with Achievements, is probably to "feel" the accomplishment. I think, at least for Rewards Track rewards, would be a good idea to just get the pop-up right after you earn it, not needing to go to the special screen and pick it up manually. Same as you got 10 gold for 3 wins in the old system, right after the game.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

Ice Rager 705 371 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 days, 8 hours ago

I reached level 50 and took the Nightslayer Valeera portrait. I'm playing a lot of Stealth Rogue at legend right now, it's doing pretty well, and this new skin makes the experience even more satisfying. Valeera just looks fire!

I hope they make the hero skins available again next expansion cycle, I'm planning on taking Gul'dan next. Or hopefully they introduce more portraits for us to choose from, I'm not really fond of the cartoonish styles of the current level 50 portraits. 

Time to farm for as much gold as I can so I can do away with spending real money on this game!

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80, 81, 82

Face Collector 320 77 Posts Joined 03/28/2019
    Posted 2 days, 23 hours ago

I play a lot of alt characters, who on the old system pretty much did their daily quests and nothing else.

A few of those alts only play till they get their 5 wins per month also.

The new system I have a few alts that have played ALL weeklies and dailies every week.

I have not payed for the pass on any of these characters:

My most advanced character (my main basically) is at 42

My least played is at about 27 and the others are somewhere in between, mostly in the 30's somewhere.

generally I'd find that the lesser played one's would do all of the dailies and about half the weeklies, that is it would take 2 weeks to complete the weeklies.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium