Rewards Track: Current progress

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1135 309 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

I hit level 231 yesterday; finished all the mini-set XP quest achievements and finally got a few of those sweet challenge friend requests.

Gold income is more than in the past, but playtime is also doubled. Precise math aside, I think gold income is relatively about equal or perhaps even slightly worse than before (extrapolated against total time spent playing HS).

What does feel really bad is that after opening 280 packs and crafting 1 or 2 legendaries myself, I'm still missing 3 of them. I need Maxima Blastenheimer in order to complete 1 of the 2 remaining regular XP quest achievements. Dealing lethal damage with Oh My Yogg! is really out of my hands, so I will not intentionally hunt this achievement down.

Looking forward to complete the remainder of the rewards track in the upcoming 6 weeks. Not sure what the plan will be during the period before the next expansion hits. Should the upper limit of 350 levels be removed from the rewards track? What do you think?

❄️THE END OF COVID-19 IS COMING ! ❄️

• Riffraff's Avatar 670 218 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

Wow, you are really grinding! Thanks for noting that you are earning more gold, but ALSO playing a lot more too. I am in the same camp - I hit level 173 last night and have completed all of the ranked XP achievements except C'thun lethal and the Oh My Yogg! one. Have not done much in duels, my best run is/was 6 wins.

I know that I will have saved more gold this expansion than any previous (even accounting for the 500 gold from Blizzard as their mea culpa for the rewards track mess). I don't expect to reach level 350 by the rotation, but I am probably playing more on average right now. I actually got my first complete set (Darkmoon Faire) with the two variable bundles that were offered last week. I am really close to a full set on Scholomance - duplicate protection has been huge!

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1255 789 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

I hit level 231 yesterday; finished all the mini-set XP quest achievements and finally got a few of those sweet challenge friend requests.

Looking forward to complete the remainder of the rewards track in the upcoming 6 weeks. Not sure what the plan will be during the period before the next expansion hits. Should the upper limit of 350 levels be removed from the rewards track? What do you think?

No, I think that limit is fine. You play way more than it is healthy 

Edit: I hit level 128 today and I feel I play a lot. Many players hit level 50 these days.

-=alfi=-

• SLima's Avatar The Undying 470 336 Posts Joined 08/17/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

I hit level 67 today. Despite the initial hype, i didn't feel inclined to play ranked more than a few times after the launch of the mini-set. As such, i ended up only in Silver at the end of the last season. I'm completely burnt out of playing constructed, it seems. I returned to my suboptimal ways of playing and i'm only playing BGs while re-rolling any quest that can't be completed there. Less exp means less progress. Also, i'm not really bothering with the 2500 exp weekly one or any achievements. I hit level 50 around 10 days ago so i got 17 levels in this period. If i keep this pace then i might be able to hit around level 100 or so in less than a month. My gold is currently sitting at 5050. That is a fine value but i should be able to get way more. The track seems to be in a good state now.

"True mastery takes dedication."

• Alleria's Avatar 865 411 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

After another two weeks, here is my self report: Went from 150 to 180, so now the 15 lvls a week applies to me (did 20 lvls a week before with extra achievements XP). Next time I should be over 200, which is quite nice. Gold wise I´m at 15K now (had around 4K saved before the track and I´ve only spend 2K on mini expansion). My usual amount of gold was 8K at the start of new expansion so this feels so much better for me by far.

How´s  your progression going ya´ll?

EDIT: I´ve bought the pass.

• allthehype's Avatar 410 452 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

I'm at level 88 now, with two weeklies still unfinished. I have also recently switched focus to achievements and try to squeeze in the relevant cards in my good decks, as well as making "achievement only" decks.

• Riffraff's Avatar 670 218 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

I just entered level 217 last night after finishing my last weekly quest. I have almost 14,600 gold saved, which is definitely a new record for me for a single expansion. That includes the gift of 500 gold from Blizzard that we got after their revision to the rewards track. 

Given that the next expansion won't be here until mid-late March or even April, I know I will have a lot more gold saved by that point. Even when you factor in the 20% XP boost I have enjoyed with the Tavern Pass, I am still exceeding my previous expansion hauls - so it has been "worth it" from that perspective (and will continue to be so for me).

I have spent large portions of the expansion achievement hunting - a week or two ago I finished the Darkmoon Races ones (which were mercifully easy) and I finally got the C'thun "kill your opponent from full health" one around the same time. The only XP granting achievement that I don't have from DMF is the Oh My Yogg! one, and I am not going to bother with that!

• AbusingKel's Avatar Global Moderator 665 231 Posts Joined 02/02/2019

169 with no pass purchased. I have one daily and one weekly still so it'll be 171 once I finish those. I've been holding steady at 3500 gold or more despite my many Heroic Duels entries so it feels like more than the normal gold saved from one expac to the next, especially since my average there is under 5 (vs 5.5-6 in Arena during past expacs). 

Let me just say that I hate, hate, hate the Not So Lonely achievement (end your turn with a Redeemed Pariah with 10 attack or higher in play). 8/10 on that one and it's brutally stupid. They don't last until the next turn so you literally have to play the pariah plus 8 outcast cards on the same turn. Not well designed, especially since you must run all the small cost outcast cards and then proceed to sit on them turn after turn to build your hand big enough. 

Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey Matt, how can we get back on the right track?" 

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

No Pass

lvl 109

3200 gold

Track really feels good.  I usually end an expansion at 2k gold. I'm over 3k and bought the mini-set with gold. So I have more gold than before, I have at least 1 new skin (lvl50), and have more legendaries than normal thanks to the mini-set. I didn't change my play or hunt achievements. Definitely enjoying it. Depending on the skins next set I may buy the pass.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1050 911 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From AbusingKel

Let me just say that I hate, hate, hate the Not So Lonely achievement (end your turn with a Redeemed Pariah with 10 attack or higher in play). 8/10 on that one and it's brutally stupid. They don't last until the next turn so you literally have to play the pariah plus 8 outcast cards on the same turn. Not well designed, especially since you must run all the small cost outcast cards and then proceed to sit on them turn after turn to build your hand big enough. 

If you have Arch-Thief Rafaam, you can just cast the +10/+10 treasure on the Pariah. All you need is a mana discount somewhere and you're good to go. It's against the spirit of the achievement but it's better than getting too frustrated over it.

Reached level 280 yesterday, end of the reward track is almost within striking distance. Hoarding 13K+ gold currently.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 745 394 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Just reached Lvl 150 and I am around 7.2k gold right now. Still a new record for gold grinded. Even after purchasing the miniset because I could not let that deal pass. Been playing a little more this week because of a personal goal. But that did not make that much of a difference. Maybe I would be at 6.9k gold without that extra time. Also this extra playtime is finishing tomorrow if I am able to achive my goal as intended.

I am also hoarding my extra classsic packs because reasons. I might have saved a bit more if I did not, (I am too much of a collector so I only dust copies that wont be used. Will still keep a regular and a golden copy of the same legendary no problem) wich caused me to open some more packs than expected for a final craft.

Pretty much still satisfied with my results.

Edit: Also still lots of Achivement xp I could get if I tried harded, might get some more in 2 days)

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

Quote From AbusingKel

Quote From AngryShuckie
    If you have Arch-Thief Rafaam, you can just cast the +10/+10 treasure on the Pariah. All you need is a 1 mana discount somewhere and you're good to go. It's against the spirit of the achievement but it's better than getting too frustrated over it.

This or you can buff your Redeemed Pariah with any temporary buff cards to 10 attack and concede on your turn. It will count the achievement, because you ended the turn, when the buffs were still active. This worked for me.

• allthehype's Avatar 410 452 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Quote From Alleria
    Quote From AbusingKel

Quote From AngryShuckie
    If you have Arch-Thief Rafaam, you can just cast the +10/+10 treasure on the Pariah. All you need is a 1 mana discount somewhere and you're good to go. It's against the spirit of the achievement but it's better than getting too frustrated over it.

This or you can buff your Redeemed Pariah with any temporary buff cards to 10/10 and concede on your turn. It will count the achievement, because you ended the turn, when the buffs were still active. This worked for me.

I was lucky and encountered an AFK bot (or something) on ladder, that let me buff up the dude without any counterplay. So happy to get that achievement out of the way!

• AbusingKel's Avatar Global Moderator 665 231 Posts Joined 02/02/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago
    Quote From Synnr7

No Pass

lvl 109

3200 gold

Track really feels good.  I usually end an expansion at 2k gold. I'm over 3k and bought the mini-set with gold. So I have more gold than before, I have at least 1 new skin (lvl50), and have more legendaries than normal thanks to the mini-set. I didn't change my play or hunt achievements. Definitely enjoying it. Depending on the skins next set I may buy the pass.

I had no plans to hunt achievements but have found it to be a fun diversion from typical ladder play once I hit D5. It surprised me, honestly. Lots of things about the Reward Track that I didn't really care about but are turning into positives. 

Thanks to those of you that provided tips on the DH one. I don't even recall getting the first 7 of 10. Must have been in a duel or dungeon run? Only 2 left so why not.... 

Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey Matt, how can we get back on the right track?" 

• MisterFerro's Avatar Charmander 360 104 Posts Joined 09/06/2019
    Posted 6 days, 20 hours ago
    Quote From MisterFerro

I've finally hit level 50 and I'm debating on who to chose for my reward.

I chose Earthfury Thrall as my alt reward.

It's been a long while since my last update! Since then Texas has seen not 1 but 2 Snowfalls!!!!!

I'm currently sitting @ level 115 on the rewards track with 7,300 gold. That's the most gold I have ever held @ once.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1255 789 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago

Level 162, 11700 gold, one more month to go.

-=alfi=-

Posted 5 days, 17 hours ago

Level 300 (just 50 more to go)

14085 gold (only 2500 left to collect)

When exactly is the release date of Forged in the Barrens?

Posted 5 days, 4 hours ago
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

Level 300 (just 50 more to go)

14085 gold (only 2500 left to collect)

When exactly is the release date of Forged in the Barrens?

Nothing is official yet, but rumour has it that the release date is 22nd March.

On topic, I´ve just hit lvl 200, so I´ve made 20 lvls a week this time.

• h0lysatan's Avatar Heartbreaker 655 309 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 4 days, 9 hours ago

Did anyone reach lv.350 yet? I never seen one so far. But if it's true, is that mean they're no longer getting any gold whatsoever?

EDIT. Mine is 157 (No Bonus pass), expecting to reach 200 if I keep playing like I did by 23rd March.

Knowledge is Power

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium