Remove Ads - Go Premium

Achievement Tips/Strategies Sharing

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • Pezman's Avatar 990 979 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

I've seen several threads about specific achievements, but not a dedicated forum for sharing tips and seeking help (perhaps I missed it?). So here goes: If you are looking to share or obtain helpful ideas about the new in-game achievements, here is a place to do so.

I'll start with a PSA: I completed the Demon Hunter one where you need a 10-attack Redeemed Pariah, and I tried to cheat using Abusive Sergeant. It did not work. You need to actually play 8 Outcast cards to buff his attack to 10.

So who else has a tip to share or needs some help?

• meisterz39's Avatar 585 703 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Here's another tip (sort of...more of a bug notice, really) - I was trying to get Scary-Go-Round with Revolve and Mad Summoner, but one of the units that spawned from the spell was dormant, so I only got credit for 13/14 revolved. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed, but I think the strategy is sound in principle. (EDIT: The next time I got the combo together, it worked fine to complete the achievement.)

Also, I'm pretty sure One Has No Name requires stealing 3 unique enchantments. I tried to pull it off by targeting a Trick Totem in Duels - it had 2x buffs from Grand Totem Eys'or, so I cast Gift of Luminance on it and then played The Nameless One on it. My progress for the achievement is currently 2/3, leading me to believe they have to be unique buffs.

Edit: Just got this to work by playing it on my opponent's Kor'kron Elite in Duels - it had buffs from No Guts, No Glory and Sow the Seeds, so I played Wave of Apathy into The Nameless One. The easiest path forward to getting this achievement is certainly to silence away your own buffs/debuffs. It's also a good way to lose the game, but whatever.

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator 1050 898 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Quote From meisterz39

Here's another tip (sort of...more of a bug notice, really) - I was trying to get Scary-Go-Round with Revolve and Mad Summoner, but one of the units that spawned from the spell was dormant, so I only got credit for 13/14 revolved. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed, but I think the strategy is sound in principle. (EDIT: The next time I got the combo together, it worked fine to complete the achievement.)

I did it the same way, and ended up winning against a Renolock despite having not much else than the combo and a ton of removal. It was a fun match.

I've also completed the Pariah one, but nearly lost my mental health with it. It's almost like other people are just trying to win on ladder instead of letting me do my quirky combos.

• Alleria's Avatar 475 239 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago

Funny, I was thinking about doing the same thread as you, after my original thread has lost it´s purpose. You can check some tips for completion there too, if you want. For me the easiest way of completion is in the Duels, you can make a deck build aound the specific achievement without any drawback, for example I´ve did Spoilers! simply by running Fortune Teller along with spells only, or made secret only deck for Your Future is Clouded (even if you don´t own Sayge, Seer of Darkmoon, you will get him through your loot).

One more Priest related one that I'm pretty frustrated by - I don't have G'huun the Blood God, so I was trying to complete You're Ghuunna Be Sorry using the Scion of the Deep starting treasure in Duels. Apparently using its effect to pay health instead of mana doesn't trigger achievement progress. I guess that means that for this achievement, there's some practical difference between a cost being permanently converted to health vs. temporarily converted to health.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar Face Collector 740 681 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Pezman

I've seen several threads about specific achievements, but not a dedicated forum for sharing tips and seeking help (perhaps I missed it?). So here goes: If you are looking to share or obtain helpful ideas about the new in-game achievements, here is a place to do so.

I'll start with a PSA: I completed the Demon Hunter one where you need a 10-attack Redeemed Pariah, and I tried to cheat using Abusive Sergeant. It did not work. You need to actually play 8 Outcast cards to buff his attack to 10.

So who else has a tip to share or needs some help?

I should correct this PSA: I believe it needs 10 permanent attack (unlike the temporary buff of Abusive Sergeant). I completed it in Wild using the Lantern of Power from the OG Arch-Thief Rafaam. I would have used other buffs but Demon Hunter is terrible at buffing minions so this seemed like the simplest route. Note it can be done in 1 turn with a single trigger of Emperor Thaurissan.

Minor edit: fixed the spelling of 'Lantern' (the fact I defaulted to lanturn shows I have played too much Pokemon over the years).

While here, I should link to my own PSA on the Forbidden Jutsu achievement: https://outof.cards/forums/hearthstone/hearthstone-general/6702-forbidden-jutsu-psa

Quote From AngryShuckie
    I should correct this PSA: I believe it needs 10 permanent attack (unlike the temporary buff of Abusive Sergeant). I completed it in Wild using the Lanturn of Power from the OG Arch-Thief Rafaam. I would have used other buffs but Demon Hunter is terrible at buffing minions so this seemed like the simplest route. Note it can be done in 1 turn with a single trigger of Emperor Thaurissan.

That's so much more elegant than chaining Outcasts like I forced it (never succeeded in full combo but one of my opponents finally pitied my pariah and let it live for one turn).

• FinalOlive's Avatar 60 21 Posts Joined 11/19/2020

You can do the pariah 10 attack thing in Duels. You need to put the guy that decrease the outcast cards by 1. Then get another copy in the loot buckets.

At turn 8 you can chain the 2 mana outcast treasure infinitely. It's an otk too lol.

• Sykomyke's Avatar 210 178 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

What 2 mana outcast treasure?  There's the minion that doubles your outcast cards, but he's unique.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From Sykomyke

What 2 mana outcast treasure?  There's the minion that doubles your outcast cards, but he's unique.

The treasures are the non-collectible cards you get in Duels. Specifically, the card here is Gift of the Legion, which is unlocked if you've collected 20 Scholomance epic cards.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I just completed Mine! Mine! Mine! with a combination of Minefield and Lord Barov. It can misfire if a mine hits Barov, but with a wide enough board the combo works most of the time.

Wild is a great format to complete this one. I took the combo to Wild thinking I'd quickly find an Odd Paladin and just clear their turn 3 or 4 board with Minefield, but I actually didn't encounter one. Thankfully, most of the control decks in Wild (Big Priest, Cubelock, Jade Druid, etc.) build wide boards at some point, so I just stalled until the late game so I could play the combo and complete the achievement. If you don't have Lord Barov, the strategy of waiting for an Odd Paladin and hard mulliganing for Minefield also seems viable.

• Alleria's Avatar 475 239 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

One useful thing to know is when you´re trying to complete It´s N´Zothing, Really achievement, all you need to do is to summon one Circus Amalgam with N'Zoth, God of the Deep, because he counts for all of the six required minions at once (not sure if it´s a bug, but it worked for me and others in Duels).

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From meisterz39

I just completed Mine! Mine! Mine! with a combination of Minefield and Lord Barov. It can misfire if a mine hits Barov, but with a wide enough board the combo works most of the time.

Wild is a great format to complete this one. I took the combo to Wild thinking I'd quickly find an Odd Paladin and just clear their turn 3 or 4 board with Minefield, but I actually didn't encounter one. Thankfully, most of the control decks in Wild (Big Priest, Cubelock, Jade Druid, etc.) build wide boards at some point, so I just stalled until the late game so I could play the combo and complete the achievement. If you don't have Lord Barov, the strategy of waiting for an Odd Paladin and hard mulliganing for Minefield also seems viable.

I'd imagine adding Bloodmage Thalnos to the combo fixes the misfire issue. Then it's only about dodging Divine Shields. Gotta try that one at some point, one of the achievements I'm still missing.

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I don't actually think adding Bloodmage Thalnos fixes it - the spell damage modifies the number on the card, so you'd just end up dealing 6 total damage randomly split across all minions rather than 5. Mo'arg Artificer could do the trick, though. (Just be sure to play him before Lord Barov so his HP is 1 also.)

Divine shields are a problem regardless, that's true, but I went into my plan assuming that Odd Paladin wouldn't have shields in the early turns. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but since I never saw one, I really can't say how likely that is to be true.

• Pezman's Avatar 990 979 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 1 day ago

I had a great Duels run with Shaman and went 7 wins, but somehow did not complete the "Finish a run with 7 wins" that awards actual XP. Has anyone else had this issue?

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From meisterz39

I don't actually think adding Bloodmage Thalnos fixes it - the spell damage modifies the number on the card, so you'd just end up dealing 6 total damage randomly split across all minions rather than 5. Mo'arg Artificer could do the trick, though. (Just be sure to play him before Lord Barov so his HP is 1 also.)

But 6 damage should be enough, right? You should have only 1-Health minions, Thalnos and Barov on board then. It will kill 5 minions guaranteed since Barov is the only target is could hit twice (if there are enough minions in total, that is).

Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
    Quote From FrostyFeet
    Quote From meisterz39

But 6 damage should be enough, right? You should have only 1-Health minions, Thalnos and Barov on board then. It will kill 5 minions guaranteed since Barov is the only target is could hit twice (if there are enough minions in total, that is).

Yeah, okay - I'm not sure what I was thinking. The achievement only calls for 5 minions to die, so that should work fine.

• MisterFerro's Avatar Charmander 275 89 Posts Joined 09/06/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

A tip for Not So Lonely,  you can play the outcast cards whether they activate the effect or not.

• Alfi's Avatar 835 663 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week ago
    Quote From meisterz39

You need to get Barrow to 1 health. I used Inner Rage

-=alfi=-

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium