Level 50 Hero Portraits

• DerekSQUADOV's Avatar Valeera 70 4 Posts Joined 01/04/2021
    Posted 1 year, 8 months ago

Anyone have any idea how many weeks we have left?

I mainly play priest, but agreed with the others, it kinda looks like doo doo compared to the other portraits. I also think Valeera (rogue) looks the best, but Illidan (demon hunter) and Malfurion (druid) also look sick. I'll probably end up choosing one of those three.

Also, someone said they're gonna choose another hero next.. will these hero skins be available again when the battle pass resets next expansion?

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 1170 812 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From DerekSQUADOV
    Also, someone said they're gonna choose another hero next.. will these hero skins be available again when the battle pass resets next expansion?

Well, there isn´t anything confirmed yet afaik, but it makes sense that we will be able to choose all of the skins during the period of ten seasons, because otherwise people would be pissed if they like more than one skin and would miss out on the others. It wouldn´t also make sense for Blizz to do a new set of 10 heroes every season/4months.

Please be kind to each other

• Modalko's Avatar Darkmoon Rabbit 400 47 Posts Joined 06/24/2019

We have until the next full expansion. When exactly that will be, nobody knows. Historically, it has been the first week of April, so that should leave us with 12 more weeks. But the Darkmoon was released earlier than expected, so it may be that the next expansion will also be a bit earlier. However, we will still get a second wave of Darkmoon and a new game mode has also been promised before the next expansion, so lots of stuff still waiting for us. Again, nobody knows for sure, but all considered, I would be very surprised if it would be less than 10 weeks.

• Thonson's Avatar HearthStationeer 1700 1557 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

Okay, I haven't played much Rogue in a while.  But I picked the Valeera portrait so I wanted to play some today.  Just picked a Stealth Rogue list and went a quick 7-0!

Guys... I think that the Rogue Nightslayer armor set that Valeera has in her new portrait might be OP!  :)

Quick!  Someone give me something clever to write here.

• griffior's Avatar 925 302 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Quote From Pezman
    Quote From griffior
    Quote From Pezman
    Quote From griffior

I main mage so take a Wild guess

Garrosh?

He's next though

So you like Hunter too

Actually I like the  Sylvanas portrait so Imma stick with her for a while.

• Koetti's Avatar 1090 863 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

I started playing Warrior this Expansion, so I'm gonna go with the Garrosh one.

Don't know what I'll get next though. Priest is my main class, but that Skin is the worst one imo. Hunter and Shaman are kinda alright. Rogue is cool, but I'll never let go off Maiev.

Guess I'll just roll a Dice or something!

• Zyella's Avatar Valeera 550 547 Posts Joined 10/16/2020

Got valeera cause it one of only ones i like at all of the lvl 50portaits and rogue is my fav class.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator 1610 2071 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

None of them really stand out to me aesthetically. It's gonna come down to Rogue, most likely, in-part because Maiev is simply alright and there aren't many other options available. My thoughts on the classes:

Show Spoiler

• DH - I own Aranna, and she's okay. Illidan becomes tiresome to listen to.
    • Druid - I actually like Lunara.
    • Hunter - Alleria is my favorite.
    • Mage - I love Jaina (the character; not necessarily the portrait), but Kel'Thuzad all the way.
    • Paladin - I sat through hours of the WoW Starter Edition so I could play as Liadrin.
    • Priest - I hate Priest, the Priest skin is ugly, and Tyrande is fine.
    • Rogue - Maybe?
    • Shaman - I don't like it. Despite my hatred of murlocs, Morgl is serviceable. Missed out on the cooler options.
    • Warlock - N'Zoth all the way.
    • Warrior - Wish Deathwing was in dragon-form, but he's cool enough for now.

So…yeah. I guess Rogue it is.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card design competitions! :D

• DerekSQUADOV's Avatar Valeera 70 4 Posts Joined 01/04/2021

Yea that makes sense, would be an easy recycle and would give users another chance to earn these portraits. Appreciate the response

• MisterFerro's Avatar Charmander 395 129 Posts Joined 09/06/2019

I chose Earthfury Thrall as my reward just now as I didn't have an alt for Shaman & I really don't like the Mage alt. Paladin will be my very last pick because I love Liadrin & Arthas so much more than Uther.

• Nuagoo's Avatar 355 86 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

I chose Anduin, but rather out of opportunism than preference:

• I mostly stop playing a class, when I hit the 1k win mark, as I then turn to another class, to get the full set of potraits
    • At the time, I already got Hunter. Warrior, Warlock and Shaman at 1k+ wins, Mage a few wins under
    • Druid and Paladin weren't that much from completing 1k, also
    • I liked my alternate hero potraits for Rogue (Maiev)
    • I didn't enjoy DH enough to play it atm

So that left priest to 'enjoy' a new portrait for the next 150 games or so. If I haven't achieved 1k wins with Rogue for the next track, Valeera will be next - otherwise I guess Illidan will get an upgrade :D

EDIT: And I figured Anduin's skin would be the rarest one ^^ #unicornpriest

• BigE's Avatar Peasant 1175 590 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

I forgot that she'll get a book of heroes. Thats the only one I'm excited for and will probably buy. 

Level 50 portraits: weirdly, I kinda like all of them but don't want any. They all seem too busy for thumbnail portraits. Full art probably awesome. I'll pick Nightslayer Valeera. 

Chumbawumba is the worst band name. 

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1695 1673 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From BigE

I forgot that she'll get a book of heroes. Thats the only one I'm excited for and will probably buy. 

My prediction is that the biggest difference between Valeera's BoH skin and her basic one will be the absence of those glorious and utterly ridiculous shoulder spikes. There's a small chance of white hair and demonic runes (she better at least have those in one of the Tavern Pass skins!), but her clothing has never really changed much beyond the shoulders. 

Her story itself should be a nice little detour from the main Warcraft storyline that all the others tell, though it does link up with quite a few of the HS heroes (there's one event where Valeera, Anduin, Jaina, Thrall and Garrosh are all on the same side in a fight, and I assume Valeera will be the one to tell us about it). I'm most interested to see how they handle some of the stuff which involves Med'an, and is therefore in a weird quantum state of being both canon and non-canon.

Fun fact: the first two volumes of the comic that tells most of her story credit a certain Ben Brode for 'additional development'. So that might be a hint about who first suggested using her as the basic rogue hero.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.