Bug: buy old adventures for gold

• Theodrinus's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 850 260 Posts Joined 12/05/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 7 months ago

Just thought you should know.

You can right now use a bug to buy all old adventures using gold, not just real money. I just did so 20 minutes ago, now I already have Reno Jackson.

Using u/VIVI123212's instructions:

1. Disable "Set the time automatically" in Settings
    2. Set the date and time manually to 2016 (current month and day works fine), but do not confirm!
    3. Start Hearthstone, when the Hearthstone logo appears during loading, minimize the window (for example with Windows+D), then confirm date change.
    4. Go back to the game, then go to Solo Adventures. All adventures should be listed there, go on and buy any of them with gold! I recommend unlocking at least the first wing of every one, so that you can purchase the rest even if the bug is fixed.

Yes, this is an exploit, so Blizzard might revert your purchases later, but I think it's unlikely. No other player's enjoyment suffers, and you did not gain anything for free. They didn't lose revenue, because you still spent that gold. If you got them for free, without compensation, that would be another story. So go ahead!

Put your faith in the Light!

• torto123's Avatar Kindred 320 64 Posts Joined 05/31/2019 House Light is Off
    Posted 7 months ago

Holy shit this actually works! I can finally have the best combo cards: Majordomo Executus and Emperor Thaurissan 

• LeftForDead2370's Avatar Malfurion 25 2 Posts Joined 06/01/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Do you know if it works on One Night In Karazhan? I did the bug, but it just says "Waiting For Delivery Raven" and just freezes. Other than that everything else works!

• h0lysatan's Avatar Academy Sleuth 760 554 Posts Joined 12/03/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

It's no longer working. the first wing adventures is closed and no option to buy with gold.

Knowledge is Power

• LeftForDead2370's Avatar Malfurion 25 2 Posts Joined 06/01/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago

So, i contacted support and they say, "I am Gleedoh. I have well considered your request : how are you today ?

Hope you are fine ! :D
    Let we start by thanking you for all the information you added to the ticket.

We understand that you would much rather be playing instead of having to contact Blizzard's Customer Support.

We cannot give hints or solutions for your researchs. I am sorry.
    I can only suggest you to look guide through Wowhead

Of course if you have another question, I'll be there for you"

What is wowhead? When I searched it up it just shows up as a world of warcraft guide of something; I don't see what it has to do with One Night In Karazhan.

• cadetee1's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 07/07/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

hey, is it still working? Is there any risks of being banned with this?

• Theodrinus's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 850 260 Posts Joined 12/05/2019 House Light is On
    Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago

No, you won't get banned, Blizzard doesn't lose any money this way. I can't tell you whether it still works or not, because I already have the adventures, but you should try it yourself (and post the results here)

Put your faith in the Light!

• pragmasaurus9's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 07/13/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

Just tried it, it still works! I missed out on Naxx because it left the store right after I started playing. I had to set the date to 2015 instead of 2016 though because it only showed LoE and BRM at 2016. Now I have the first wing and I can buy the rest of them with gold on my mobile client later.

To anyone attempting this, you need to go to Solo Adventures, not the store- I thought it had been patched because the store still listed it for $ sale only.

• ScienceDaddy's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 08/02/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I tried this and if I change my time too early in the hearthstone loading process it says couldn't log me to blizzard services at this time. But if I change my computer time too late the old adventures do not appear under the Solo Adventures tab. Does anybody have any idea what is what I am doing wrong?

• cadetee1's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 07/07/2021 House Light is Off

Try it on mobile! You should wait until the menu appears and then set your date to 2015/2016. Try it and post your results here! :)

• ScienceDaddy's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 08/02/2021 House Light is Off

It worked for me on mobile! I still had to wait until the latter part of the loading process to change the time but it worked thank you so much!

• Boomaye's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 09/15/2021 House Light is Off
    Posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

not working anymore :/ we get to see the adventure, but cant unlock it

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium