Rewards Track: Current progress 2.0

Forged in the Barrens
  • NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Prince Charming 1885 1122 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 1 year, 3 months ago

I just finished all my weeklies and reached level 151. I am also closing in rapidly (-25 wins) on completing my eighth 1000 wins class (Shaman).

The massive hero portraits influx is taxing indeed, but still manageable I think. However, I feel the overall quality has diminished somewhat though.

My next milestone is really far away (+101 levels) at which I will pick up Dragonstalker Rexxar as my third T2 hero portrait like I mentioned before.

The current meta is quite stale already. Do we have some new info about the upcoming Wailing Caverns mini-set? When do we expect it will be released?

Tavern Regular » [ 1897 / 2000 ]

• h0lysatan's Avatar Zombie 1060 759 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

Finally reach lv.100 today.

Been extra lucky for getting "Play a friend" quest twice in last week. That extra 3000xp really helping my lazy play within this stale meta.
    Nothing change much with facing either Paladin/Hunter or Ticklock. I still love to play Control Warrior (sometime Control Shaman), but once I face Tickatus, all that extra fun is all gone.

For now, I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the miniset. Won't touch Hearthstone for at least every 3rd day of full daily quest.
    I guess this is what they called a burnout.

Knowledge is Power

• Tetsuo's Avatar Magma Rager 835 636 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Quote From <a title=
    Nothing change much with facing either Paladin/Hunter or Ticklock. I still love to play Control Warrior (sometime Control Shaman), but once I face Tickatus, all that extra fun is all gone.

I've been playing some Control Warrior too, and I don't have problems with the Tickatus Warlock matchups, which I'd say is 60-40. I just mulligan hard for Rattlegore and try to pressure the Warlock with as much damage as I could before I drop it. Of course, there's always the chance that Rattlegore ends up on the bottom of your deck, or your opponent plays Jaraxxus first, but most of the time I find the matchup winnable. 

And I agree with you on the stale meta. I can't bring myself to play every day anymore, or even every other day. The prevalence of the same meta decks since the expansion released has been very tiring, and I just find myself not wanting to deal with them that much anymore. Not a good thing since I resolved to complete the entire Tavern Pass this time around...

• Campino16189's Avatar 185 24 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm hit 115 today. I agree - the motivation for Hearthstone is at the moment not really high and I dont know why. I have Shaman, Mage and Warlock with 900+ wins, the classic and core achievments and so on. But i dont feel the fire inside ;)

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 1170 805 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year, 2 months ago

After a week I´ve jumped 20 lvls to lvl 120 (helps a lot that after lvl 100, XP required is lower again). I´m getting close to my second T2 hero too (<30 lvls).

Can´t wait for the miniset to shake up the meta, like some ppl here stated, I don´t feel like playing ranked these days, just quests and Brawl for a pack, that´s all.

Please be kind to each other

• AbusingKel's Avatar HearthStationeer 785 290 Posts Joined 02/02/2019

I hit level 100 earlier this week; currently at 108. Pretty smooth sailing with the purchased pass.

I chose to go with the Tavern pass and NO pre-order to see how that felt as far as gold earnings, pack earnings, and overall collection speed. I think it definitely kept the gold flowing well, and I was able to maintain a 3000+ balance despite not doing so well in Duels over the last 6 weeks. My collection and pack earnings seemed fine, as well. Though it's important to mention I have a massive build up of dust since I've been playing so long so I have the freedom to dust cards and craft epic or legendary cards as needed to round out any deck I want to play. 

As a few mentioned already, the standard meta is pretty stale. I'm sick of playing vs. paladins with cards that have above-curve power levels in every mana slot. I have been ranking up in wild this month using ConcernedMom's Ragnaros deck, though I've worked in 2x Thrive in the Shadows to improve the chances to get copies of Shadow Essence.

Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves, "Hey Matt, how can we get back on the right track?" 

• Synnr7's Avatar 985 579 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Just hit 100. Did tavern pass this time. Honestly Diamond Sumaro was the best item on the paid track. Rest was okay. Not sure if I'd buy again but that depends on the Diamond card I guess. The free track felt really good though, lots of rewards, good progress. Though I do hate "uncraftable" cards, still nice to get free stuff. A lot of free Legendaries gifted out this time too. I feel like I have a lot more despite not opening many in packs.

Barrens Legendary = 10 

Darkmoon Legendary = 8 (Ignoring the 4 miniset ones)

Closer than I thought after comparing. Still feels good.

The addition of the "Tavern Regular" achievement though was great. Love having the extra rewards for completing multiple tracks. 

For comparison Darkmoon track when I hit the end (50 back then) as free I had about 3k gold pre mini set. Right now, hitting 100, I'm at 2300. I did buy The Thunder King for gold when he came back. So that's 1500 well spent. Still not bad since I'm hitting it slightly earlier as paid this time. Mini set around the Corner no doubt I'll buy it out for gold again. Can't wait to see where I end as the expansion closes around august.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 630 734 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Reached lvl 100 today, chose Cenarion Malfurion as reward.

I just reached level 173 and now have 9 classes with 1000 or more wins. It feels really weird to only have Demon Hunter left to complete this feat. Almost feels like I completed Hearthstone with some loose ends here and there.

Also, I conceded a lot of times on the Wild ranked legend ladder to efficiently gain more wins. Now my MMR is completely out of whack because after each win it is still going down, crazy stuff 😅

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 1170 805 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

In a week I´ve jumped 10 lvls to lvl 130. Can´t wait for the miniset and new XP achievements (and hopefully new meta :))

How are you all doing so far?

Please be kind to each other

• FieselFitz's Avatar Prince Charming 1100 1355 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Hit lvl 100 a few days ago now im 110. Picked the Valeera Skin as Reward because Rogue is the Class i have the fewest skins. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

I hit level 90 today, went up 5 levels. I finally got the Kazakus coin! Nice. 

My play rate has seriously dwindled. I'm mostly playing on weekends now, though I play sporadically on weekdays when I feel like it. I've found a new deck that I like though: Corrupt Priest. I went the greed route and put C'Thun, the Shattered, Y'Shaarj, the Defiler, and Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate (mostly to corrupt the numerous corrupt cards in the deck; the 5-mana C'thun spells really help). I was one win away from legend with the deck until I tumbled down to Diamond 2 again thanks to a wave of Paladins. 

Can't wait for the mini-set. I'm planning on reaching level 100 by the time it releases, so I'll play a lot in the upcoming week. 

I reached level 191 playing mostly weird decks in mega dumpster Wild legend ranks. I have no interest in playing against the meta decks in Standard, so I have been completing a few of the no-XP achievements in Wild. Also, finally hit the 12 consecutive wins achievement with the current best Wild deck Hand Buff Paladin whilst trying to complete another achievement. I think the first loss came after 20 wins. The mini-set cannot come soon enough, because the game is quite boring at this moment for me.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 975 773 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Hitted lvl 109 today. Went for Thrall's Skin as I feel it looks good and not that many people might have gotten it.

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Oman's Avatar Barrens Sleuth 175 8 Posts Joined 03/01/2021

Nearing 100 soon, currently 10 levels away. For the skin, probably going to spring for Pally or Mage, since I have zero alternate skins for them.

I'm at level 97, and it's really a grind when your quest tray is empty. You need to complete your daily quest for 1000+ xp, then play a minimum of three hours to reach the next level. That's with me playing a grindy deck like Corrupt Priest whose games take so long, with 100+ xp attained per game. 

I only need one more level to be able to get a Tier 2 hero skin. I'm really at a dilemma over which Tier 2 portrait to choose. I've narrowed down my choices to Valeera, Thrall, Jaina, or Malfurion, but my problem is I don't play these classes that much these days. Gaaah, I'll cross this bridge again when I get there tomorrow. 

As for the Tier 1 hero portraits on level 100, I'm torn between Gul'dan, Malfurion, and Illidan. Might choose the former, but there's the problem again of not playing Warlock that much recently...decisions, decisions.

Yesterday, I reached the halfway point of the Rewards Track (level 200) right when the Wailing Caverns mini-set was released. Time to start doing the new XP achievements for the additional 3600 (+20%) XP.

I played a funny Wild match against the new Warlock combo deck with Stealer of Souls, Plot Twist, Violet Illusionist, Cataclysm and Mecha'thun. My opponent played the combo while I had a Bad Luck Albatross on board. Needless to say, the combo failed of course and my opponent immediately shame conceded afterwards 😂

• Campino16189's Avatar 185 24 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Currentyl at 151 with pass. The mini-set was a great idea! Love to play Deathrattle-Demonhunter, although i dont like demonhunter but it feels fresh. Have fun in the Caverns!

• og0's Avatar Red Riding Hood 1570 1062 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Got level 100 last night with no pass.  It was actually a friend who gave me challenge quest out the blue - thanks mate!

All generalizations are false.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1745 2912 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

I played a funny Wild match against the new Warlock combo deck with Stealer of Souls, Plot Twist, Violet Illusionist, Cataclysm and Mecha'thun. My opponent played the combo while I had a Bad Luck Albatross on board. Needless to say, the combo failed of course and my opponent immediately shame conceded afterwards 😂

I fought a Warlock who had the same combo. They would have won except for some reason they played Cataclysm before Mecha'thun. Then they conceded.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.