Rewards Track: Current progress 2.0

Forged in the Barrens
  • Alleria's Avatar Eevee 980 677 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago
    Quote From h0lysatan

But with a month left before a new reward track (and possibly more grinding achievements), I wonder if anyone has reached Lv. 400 yet? (or wanted to). I mean someone has to be there already.

I haven´t seen anything on Reddit yet (or might have missed it), but I think probably not. I could be wrong tho, seeing the post above you - clearly there are many people using bots to get there asap.

On topic, I´ve finally reached lvl 200 (went up 15 lvls this past week). I´m at 98% XP achievements done, only one left to do - the Demon Hunter´s one. But I think I´ll pass this one, even did the Paladin´s one, but this is too much for me I guess :P

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Face Collector 1425 713 Posts Joined 06/14/2019

I have reached level 290 (without botting). Current Demon Hunter wins: 625 (+55)

I will probably just about reach level 350 by the end of the current Rewards Track which was my secondary target.

As for botting, I have no intention whatsoever of using such a thing to farm XP during idle times. The sheer feeling that something (other than myself) has access to my HS client/app (which I have spent a lot of money on) and theoretically can do anything inside it prevents me from ever using a bot. I know this feeling is not truly warranted because bots can simply be programmed to your wishes, but it is still too scary for me. Besides this feeling, what is really the point (for me at least) anyways? I already have a forever growing stockpile of gold (and dust) lying around.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 745 535 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm currently at level 129. I only started playing again three days ago after a two-week hiatus, so I gained 18 levels since then. These playing droughts are becoming more common for me though...I'm starting to feel like the day I'll be quitting Hearthstone will be coming to an end. 

Even though I gained quite a lot of levels these past few days, it's been a miserable experience. I've been trying a bunch of off-meta decks like a Miracle C'Thun Rogue, Fire and Ice Mage, and a Deathrattle Hunter (the latter two I got from Kibler). While I like the decks, the meta is just so fast for them that I just keep dying to the multitudes of aggro and burn decks out there. So many losses. I ended up playing Doomhammer Elemental Shaman to make up for it; I went on a 10-game winning streak but hated myself all the while. 

Just a shitty meta all around. Any meta being ruled by face decks is a dumb one. 

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80, 81, 82, 86, 88

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1520 1088 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago
    Quote From Tetsuo

Even though I gained quite a lot of levels these past few days, it's been a miserable experience. I've been trying a bunch of off-meta decks like a Miracle C'Thun Rogue, Fire and Ice Mage, and a Deathrattle Hunter (the latter two I got from Kibler). While I like the decks, the meta is just so fast for them that I just keep dying to the multitudes of aggro and burn decks out there. So many losses. I ended up playing Doomhammer Elemental Shaman to make up for it; I went on a 10-game winning streak but hated myself all the while. 

Just a shitty meta all around. Any meta being ruled by face decks is a dumb one. 

I agree, that the aggro meta is just too fast and dying by turn 5-6 does not allow to play the game. 
    I do not play as much as the last expansion as well, hitting level 175

-=alfi=-

• Campino16189's Avatar 180 23 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Currently at 225 with pass. This was my final result the expansion before - now i  want to see if i can reach 40 lvls more (20 packs) to get the packs back.

Off topic: Does anyone know when the card reveal season for "United in Stormwind" starts?

Posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

Okay, another week, went up from lvl 200 to lvl 210. All XP achievements done. Last time I´ve ended at 225 I think, so it´s possible I´ll end up there this time too.

How ya´ll doing so far and where do you think you´ll end?

P.S. I´ve found the first person claiming to finish the track today, hitting the lvl 400. Not sure how true it is tho, the picture looks sus :P

Posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago

Micro update, I have reached level 304. Current Demon Hunter wins: 633 (+8)

I should still be on track to reach level 350, just before the next expansion hits in August.

• h0lysatan's Avatar Academy Sleuth 750 522 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Getting to 185. I don't really play that much anymore, since I finished downloading RE:Village and start playing it in my downtime.

A little question I would like to ask, if they change the reward track from first 50 to 100 without any XP changes, wouldn't it be logical that I should get the +50 level from previous reward track if I played exactly the same daily hour everyday?

For example, if I get to Lv.207 in DMF, I should be at Lv.257 in Barrens right? But it seems strange I ended up near Lv.207 again this time. Did they add more XP to the track? I hope there's explanation for this, because I don't think I wanna look at those XP charts again.

Knowledge is Power

If I remember correctly, for a better levelling up user experience they simply frontloaded the 50 extra levels at the very beginning of the Rewards Track and kept the total amount of XP needed for the whole ride exactly the same. One of the differences is that there is less XP to be gained from Duels this time around if you already collected those XP points during last expansion. Furthermore, some extra free stuff was added to this Rewards Track, but that of course does not explain why you have progressed less far. I think it is most likely that you just played a bit less unbeknownst to yourself.

Hearthstone reveals details on Forged in the Barrens rewards track

I hope this info helps 😇

When I look at my own progression during this rewards track, there is going to be a difference of 50 levels. In fact, it is actually closer to a 80 levels difference, because I finished the previous rewards track 2 weeks prior to the Forged in the Barrens launch. I played a lot less during this expansion though, because last time was an unhealthy personal challenge.

'A bit less playing' doesn't really explain why I pushed so far behind. Losing nearly 75K xp (50lvl*1500) doesn't really make sense. Plus I did achievements even higher than previous expansions.

Sure, previous expansion got Duels achievements, which I did and added about 20K xp to the track. But that was it.
    EDIT. Now that I think about this, adding duels xp reward would've bring me to even higher level than my level now. Argh, the more I think of this, the more I stressed out. I should just be grateful to get more gold than ever.

I guess there's one way to test it, whether next expansion gets me to the same level or not.

Knowledge is Power

When I put even more thought into this, did we not get the new rewards track introduced last time about a 1 week prior to the launch of Madness at the Darkmoon Faire? If so, this means we had extra time to collect XP at the very beginning.

Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

When I put even more thought into this, did we not get the new rewards track introduced last time about a 1 week prior to the launch of Madness at the Darkmoon Faire? If so, this means we had extra time to collect XP at the very beginning.

Yeah, no one can forget about those. The start of Reward Track fiasco. But also make sense. 1 week headstart + Duels achievements.
    At least I still have 12K gold to spent on the next expansion if I fail to get any giveaway chances.

Knowledge is Power

One last possible factor (that I can think of now) could be the game modes you played was perhaps different between the 2 reward tracks? There was some prior mentioning that Standard ranked ladder rewards the most XP per time played (33% more XP relatively). Unless this happened or they stealthily tweaked the XP gain ratio in our disadvantage, you should indeed not experience a significant XP decrease with a similar playrate compared to the previous rewards track.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 745 535 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Just hit Level 143, with only 5,300 gold. Not too happy with my progress, it's just tough to level up when your quest tray is empty. Looks like the most levels I can hit per week is 10, which means I'll top out at around level 170. I was hoping to hit at least level 200, but oh well. 

Since it's Nozdormu Day, I put Nozdormu in my Deathrattel DH. I played 7 games with it and only faced one that had Noz as well. Come on, guys! Put the damn dragon in your decks, you cowards

Legend: Season 74, 77, 80, 81, 82, 86, 88

Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

So I´ve hit lvl 225, which is exactly where I´ve ended last RT. Seems to me I could possibly hit lvl 250 till the new expansion, so I feel like my progress is a bit better, playing the same amount of time as the last track. I will buy the new TP, if the cost stays the same, I´m pretty satisfied with it so far.

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1520 1088 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Level 197 with Pass. I play about the same as last expansion, I expect to hit 220-230 by next expansion. But this time I did not grinded the achievements.

I have ~7000 gold which is the same I had without reward track but this is because I purchased all missing cardbacks (I missed the esport one and the first 6 months of ranked play).

-=alfi=-

I thought WTH, and push the pedal and reach Lv.204. Claimed my 2nd Reward Portrait (Garrosh) and still not gonna play Standard. BG only until some control deck enter the meta once more. (Long have I waited for Mage, Warrior or Shaman Control deck)

Knowledge is Power

I am at level 323 (with Tavern Pass), which means I am slightly behind schedule for reaching my secondary objective: level 350. I remain optimistic about completing this goal though.

Current Demon Hunter wins: 675 (+42)

In two weeks, I should be sitting on a projected 18K pile of gold, right before United in Stormwind launches. If only the remaining 14 currently unobtainable cardbacks become purchasable for gold, right? 😇

• Schalde1982's Avatar 80 18 Posts Joined 04/11/2021
    Posted 5 days, 8 hours ago
    Quote From NebuchadnezzarHS

I am at level 323 (with Tavern Pass), which means I am slightly behind schedule for reaching my secondary objective: level 350. I remain optimistic about completing this goal though.

Current Demon Hunter wins: 675 (+42)

In two weeks, I should be sitting on a projected 18K pile of gold, right before United in Stormwind launches. If only the remaining 14 currently unobtainable cardbacks become purchasable for gold, right? 😇

Thats a nice level. Not sure if anyone who hasnt botting has reached lvl 400(max) but im sure there is.

I just got lvl 254 with the weekly done today. Its going quite slow since i retired from standard/wild and play 90% Arena and 10% BG. Sitting at 9.8k gold

Posted 4 days, 21 hours ago

I am at level 338 now and back on track again to reach level 350 in seven days.

Current Demon Hunter wins: 707 (+32)

Since the second rewards track is almost coming to an end, what are your thoughts about this reward system so far?

My opinion is that we are indeed able to collect more gold (as promised), but my average playtime is still considerably higher compared to the past. The current rate at which new cosmetics are being added scares me a little bit. Also, I hope United in Stormwind will improve the meta significantly or at least make Hearthstone much more interesting (the new Mercenaries game mode might help). Otherwise, I will probably set even lower personal goals for the next rewards track (like reaching only level 300 at the very end).

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium