Achievement Hunting: Forged in the Barrens edition

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • FinalOlive's Avatar 130 36 Posts Joined 11/19/2020
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

Is it just me or are these new xp achievements much worse than the previous ones?

Seems like it's not worth actively doing and is a waste of time. Maybe I was just more enthusiastic for them in the first time.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2605 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Vandaren

Just want to ask, if i have a Tavern Pass, should i wait until around lvl 40 (20% bonus on exp, cmiiw) to complete these achievements or that doesn't matter at all??

I don't think it matters, mainly because the bonus is so small it'S basically irrelevant (also I think it's bugged because it shows I get 213 Exp for a 200 exp achievement and basic math tells us that 20% of 200 is not 13)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2605 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From FinalOlive

Is it just me or are these new xp achievements much worse than the previous ones?

Seems like it's not worth actively doing and is a waste of time. Maybe I was just more enthusiastic for them in the first time.

I'd say most of them are better because they don't require ridiculous RNG or owning lots of cards. Most of these can easily be completed even if you don't own the intended cards (except for the 3 or 4 that require specific ones that can't be generated through other ways).

They're just really grindy, that's probably the most annoying part.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Dermostatic's Avatar Eldritch Horror 535 228 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for these tips, I've managed to get quite a few achievements over the last few days.

Watching people react to me summoning imp after imp after imp was hilarious, even if only about half of them were happy to go along for the ride.

Started playing HS in May, 2015. The bad news: I missed the excitement of 'Naxx out?' and GvG. The good news: I never met an Undertaker.

• Blackbird's Avatar Snow-Covered 95 19 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

Quote From <a title=
    Spell Slingin' Savior: Wild is mandatory here because of how much draw options there are for Paladin there. If you don't have your Flash of Light or Crystology still around you will be very sad. The best way is to run Libram of Wisdom and Lady Liadrin and focussing on getting back a lot of those. Then hope you're playing against a control deck and keep making Recruits that you stack with 5 Librams until you die.

Important note. Spells of Light that you play on your opponent's minion do not count for the achievement. 

• Alfi's Avatar Devoted Academic 1505 1016 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare
    Quote From Vandaren

Just want to ask, if i have a Tavern Pass, should i wait until around lvl 40 (20% bonus on exp, cmiiw) to complete these achievements or that doesn't matter at all??

I don't think it matters, mainly because the bonus is so small it'S basically irrelevant (also I think it's bugged because it shows I get 213 Exp for a 200 exp achievement and basic math tells us that 20% of 200 is not 13)

Also, for each class the 3 part chievement you get 500 xp for last one except for warrior which get only 20

-=alfi=-

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 635 536 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

The play 5 Nature Druid spells isn't counting them correctly. I just played a game with a deck consisting of literally 30 Nature spells and did it twice (even recounted both times to make sure) and the achievement did not progress with either of them. Considering the blunder I had with the Aviana + Kun the Forgotten King combo for the "Play 5 cards that normally would cost 8+ mana on a single turn", I'm advising everyone to steer clear of these druid achievements for now or you'll be facing a lot of disappointment.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/QHzXSLPKHgH3BieEYWtgD2 - here's the replay for anyone interested (you can also confirm my deck). The Witchwood Apple I discovered is also a Nature spell.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (26/Mar/21): Demon Hunter - 93; Druid - 895Hunter - 878; Mage - 980; Paladin - 1027; Priest - 651; Rogue - 926; Shaman - 933; Warlock - 741; Warrior - 751

• Niklink's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 04/03/2021

I've had no issue completing this achievement except for Solar Eclipse's extra cast not counting. The only card you're using that I didn't in that replay is Jade Blossom. Dunno what else to tell you.

• Riffraff's Avatar 715 280 Posts Joined 04/30/2020

Thanks for the great write-ups and tips! Really appreciate the notes. I started farming the XP achievements on the 30th as soon as the expansion dropped. I am a little over 70% done according to the in-client tracker. 

My feeling is that generally the requirements are a little easier than in Darkmoon Faire (less legendaries required for sure), but some of them feel awfully grindy and take forever. I started out with the druid taunt one (Plaguemaw) and never drew him so I moved onto another class, and haven't gone back yet.

Thanks again for the write-ups!

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar Explorer of Dragons 1045 224 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago

For Hardcor Rancor (gain 14 armor with a single Rancor) you don't need a full board if you already have some armor. As long as Rancor nets it to 14 or more you should get the achievement. I'm pretty sure that's how I just got mine.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• ElSabidon's Avatar Salty Dog 635 536 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Quote From Niklink

I've had no issue completing this achievement except for Solar Eclipse's extra cast not counting. The only card you're using that I didn't in that replay is Jade Blossom. Dunno what else to tell you.

Well, Jade Blossom was used in both 5 spells turns and, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nature tag was given to it by mistake. I replaced it with 2 Treenforcements. I did base my deck on your decklist, so it's also understandable that most of the cards are the same.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Wins per class (26/Mar/21): Demon Hunter - 93; Druid - 895Hunter - 878; Mage - 980; Paladin - 1027; Priest - 651; Rogue - 926; Shaman - 933; Warlock - 741; Warrior - 751

• 4iamking's Avatar 95 8 Posts Joined 03/21/2021

for top secret snoop:

### Superschnüffler
    # Klasse: Paladin
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 2x (1) Abrechnung
    # 2x (1) Auge um Auge
    # 2x (1) Erlösung
    # 2x (1) Fluchtkodo
    # 2x (1) Galoppierender Retter
    # 2x (1) Heldenopfer
    # 2x (1) Letztes Mittel
    # 2x (1) Rächer
    # 2x (1) Verteidigungsmatrix
    # 2x (2) Hydrologin
    # 1x (2) Lehrensucher Cho
    # 1x (2) Sonnenhäscherspionin
    # 2x (3) Agentin der Horde
    # 2x (3) Illuminatorin
    # 1x (3) Maskierter Rivale
    # 2x (3) Nordwachtkommandant
    # 1x (5) Kanonier Hecksler
    #
    AAEBAcOfAwTvCPWJA76YA4DsAw2MAc4DyASJEIu9ArPBAtj+AvmTA8/rA9vuA+7xA9D3A8igBAA=
    #
    # Um dieses Deck zu verwenden, kopiert es in Eure Zwischenablage und erstellt ein neues Deck in Hearthstone.

I used a similar strategy to YoggChamp from the Darkmoon Faire run and got the achievement pretty easily.

Mulligan Hard for Lorewalker Cho & potentially Cannonmaster Smythe.

When ready drop Cho and send secrets over to your opponent, desperate measures is best since its twinspell and effectively counts as 2 secrets (especially if opponents hand is close to full). Feel free to clog the opponents hand as it will only increase the incentive for them to play the secrets. then have your opponent plays them out the next turn.

Once the opponent played 5 secrets drop cannonmaster if there are any untriggered secrets followed by horde operative and profit.

In my case the cannonmaster was not needed because the opponent triggered all the secrets I sent over with cho but its in the deck for this purpose.

Also if you want to replace any secrets In this deck you might not have, the only thing I say to that is I specifically omitted secrets that trigger when a minion or spell is played (not to be put off by the opponent playing secrets, or by your own Smythe when you need to clear your own secrets), so no Oh my yogg/Repentence! but otherwise they are basically swappable to whatever you have in your collection.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1135 1038 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From 4iamking

for top secret snoop:

### Superschnüffler
    # [snip]
    #
    AAEBAcOfAwTvCPWJA76YA4DsAw2MAc4DyASJEIu9ArPBAtj+AvmTA8/rA9vuA+7xA9D3A8igBAA=
    #
    # Um dieses Deck zu verwenden, kopiert es in Eure Zwischenablage und erstellt ein neues Deck in Hearthstone.

I used a similar strategy to YoggChamp from the Darkmoon Faire run and got the achievement pretty easily.

Mulligan Hard for Lorewalker Cho & potentially Cannonmaster Smythe.

When ready drop Cho and send secrets over to your opponent, desperate measures is best since its twinspell and effectively counts as 2 secrets (especially if opponents hand is close to full). Feel free to clog the opponents hand as it will only increase the incentive for them to play the secrets. then have your opponent plays them out the next turn.

Once the opponent played 5 secrets drop cannonmaster if there are any untriggered secrets followed by horde operative and profit.

In my case the cannonmaster was not needed because the opponent triggered all the secrets I sent over with cho but its in the deck for this purpose.

Also if you want to replace any secrets In this deck you might not have, the only thing I say to that is I specifically omitted secrets that trigger when a minion or spell is played (not to be put off by the opponent playing secrets, or by your own Smythe when you need to clear your own secrets), so no Oh my yogg/Repentence! but otherwise they are basically swappable to whatever you have in your collection.

Thank goodness (yet again) for Lorewalker Cho! My deck was different in that it ran a fairly typical control paladin shell with lots of draw, but only 5 secrets with the plan that Subject 9 would find those. The secrets I chose were particularly undisruptive, and were intended to demonstrate clearly how little interest I had in winning the game.

Despite that, the hardest part was finding an opponent able to recognise when someone is just trying to complete an achievement, and then choose to be kind. I guess it's fitting it was a The Last Kaleidosaur quest paladin who finally helped me out, though I did feel a little bad when my Reckoning killed his Galvadon.

Quote From AngryShuckie
    Thank goodness (yet again) for Lorewalker Cho

I mean for YoggChamp! I used Mischief Maker because sending Oh my Yogg! over with  Lorewalker Cho would make the opponent trigger your oh my yogg with the one your trying to give them, but when you do these kinda decks you just have to build them assuming the opponent is dumb and doesnt know what your doing.

The overall concept is the same though in that you bait the opponent into setting up the stage for you to complete the achievement.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1135 1038 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From 4iamking
    Quote From AngryShuckie
    Thank goodness (yet again) for Lorewalker Cho

I mean for YoggChamp! I used Mischief Maker because sending Oh my Yogg! over with  Lorewalker Cho would make the opponent trigger your oh my yogg with the one your trying to give them, but when you do these kinda decks you just have to build them assuming the opponent is dumb and doesnt know what your doing.

The overall concept is the same though in that you bait the opponent into setting up the stage for you to complete the achievement.

I curious about how you did YoggChamp! now. When I did it I had an elaborate scheme involving multiple Chos to multiply Oh My Yogg! and a lot of coins to hope to transform into Raise Dead, all enabled by intentionally encountering a friend in ranked.

So I didn't have the patience to bait the opponent into it and then hope RNG was kind, and just rigged the whole system instead. There was plenty of baiting involved when I did the achievement for Shadow Clone though. Hmm, the achievements associated with secrets tend to be a lot more work than the others, now that I look at it. I suppose that makes sense since they have to involve the opponent doing something.

Quote From AngryShuckie
    I curious about how you did YoggChamp! now.

### yoggchamp
    # Klasse: Paladin
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 2x (0) Erster Schultag
    # 2x (1) Oh mein Yogg!
    # 2x (2) Beutehamsterer
    # 2x (2) Hand von A'dal
    # 2x (2) Ingenieurslehrling
    # 2x (2) Lichtblitz
    # 2x (2) Manafresserpanthara
    # 1x (2) Nat Pagle
    # 2x (2) Preishändler
    # 2x (2) Rotschuppendrachenzähmer
    # 1x (3) Auszeit
    # 2x (3) Das Abenteuer ruft
    # 2x (3) Salhets Stolz
    # 1x (3) Tiefenlichtorakel
    # 1x (3) Unruhestifterin
    # 2x (5) Bernsteinwächter
    # 1x (5) Wissenshüter Polkelt
    # 1x (10) Rückkehr der Verflossenen
    #
    AAEBAcOfAwb4B/sI0hbPhgPOogP21gMM+wGcAuyGA7SbA5WmA4iuA8rBA57NA/vOA4PeA/neA7bhAwA=
    #

That was my list for yoggchamp!, basically have the only 1 drop in the deck be Oh My Yogg!, sort the deck with Polkelt, draw through it like crazy, use mischief maker to give the secret to the opponent and then play into it with anyfin can happen when a hero is under 5 health (clearing the board as much as possible) for a 2/9 chance at lethal. It took like 2 hours but I did it.
    Posted 6 days, 12 hours ago

Druid

The Final Frontier: Seems really hard to achieve without Aviana and Kun the Forgotten KingYsiel Windsinger might also do the trick with enough set up (and preferably in Wild because Ultimate Infestation). Completing this the intended way through Celestial Alignment sounds like a bad joke. Getting Alignment off and ramping back to 5-mana with five 8+mana cards is a pipe dream. If you didn't get run down by that point your opponent will usually concede anyways.

EDIT: Apparently Aviana + Kun doesn't work for some reason, so Alignment only it is (or maybe Ysiel, but I don't think anyone even owns that card).

Jungle Giants Quest with Barnabus doesn't work either.

you might be correct, because I tried using Raise Dead for the Warlock quest and it didn't count.

Apparently Dual class spells are bugged as of this patch (but weren't in the last, because I completed the Druid one before  just fine)

I can confirm that after excluding Lightning Bloom I get 5 combos correctly per game. Before I got only 3 and couldn't figure out, what was happening.

Here is the deck for making 5 combos per game consistently:

AAEBAbSKAwLLvAL7rQMOxAboFZLSApjSArmUA9ulA/ytA/+tA+W6A+i6A5vOA4mfBK6fBN2fBAA=

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 975 618 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 17 hours ago

Another useful tip for Everyone's in Here! I was trying other suggestions, but couldn´t make it work. Then I went to Duels and found out this works like charm, it requires only two cards, almost no set up, apart from having no minions on your side of the board. Easy peasy.

1.Go to Casual Duels

2. Pick Rattlegore

3. Pick Spiked Arms treasure weapon

4. Build deck with Gruntled Patron (put in some card draw, armor, no other minions preferably)

5. Turn 3 play the weapon, turn 4 play the patron on empty board (or if you´re affraid of weapon destruction from your opponent, just play both cards on turn 7, just don´t forget to play the weapon first)

6. End turn with full board of patrons

7. Profit :)

Note: works only if you have the treasure unlocked ofc.

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 510 602 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 days, 19 hours ago
    Quote From Alleria

Another useful tip for Everyone's in Here! I was trying other suggestions, but couldn´t make it work. Then I went to Duels and found out this works like charm, it requires only two cards, almost no set up, apart from having no minions on your side of the board. Easy peasy.

1.Go to Casual Duels

2. Pick Rattlegore

3. Pick Spiked Arms treasure weapon

4. Build deck with Gruntled Patron (put in some card draw, armor, no other minions preferably)

5. Turn 3 play the weapon, turn 4 play the patron on empty board (or if you´re affraid of weapon destruction from your opponent, just play both cards on turn 7, just don´t forget to play the weapon first)

6. End turn with full board of patrons

7. Profit :)

Note: works only if you have the treasure unlocked ofc.

I tried this with instant profit, 10/10 would recommend. Pretty nice board for you opponent to handle also!

Posted 3 days, 12 hours ago

Quote From Author

Rogue

Identity Theft is not a joke: Either have Yoink! or find ways to discover it (Wandmaker, Scorpid, etc.)

I have a question. You need to discover 10 different hero powers. Can you dig your own hero power from Yoink? Or you need to try to get Yoink somehow as another class? How?

I couldn't get my own hero power from Yoink so far.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium