drop on youtube?

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1455 969 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 6 months, 1 week ago

I logged in, linked the account and "watched" 4 hours ... but no drops.

Is there any action to be done to claim the drops? tks

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 535 674 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I read somewhere that you could have to wait 48 hour before the drop is claimed.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2906 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Terms and conditions reads that the drops will be in within 48 hours.

But the fact that twitch has recently upgraded the ways drops work, and that even before this update we can actually get our packs immediately, shows how far they are compared to the cro-magnon that is youtube streaming.

• Nefiret's Avatar 365 127 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

There seems to be no way of knowing for how long we've watched the stream ... and there's no notification of winning a pack either !!

In addition, the packs can take up to 48 hours to be delivered ...

My God, how do we know then if we have already met the requirements to receive the packs? Are we supposed to have faith that YouTube has counted our watching hours correctly and pray that in a couple of days we get something by chance?

I honestly prefer Twitch to YouTube ...

• Fedrion's Avatar Maximum Volume 1365 721 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

For this kind of events Twitch > Youtube.

The easy way to be "sure" you gain the packs, just let it play in another window and just go on with your life.

I left my pc at home watching the stream. Technically, I've been watching for 6 hours, but I'll be sure in 2 days, when the packs arrive, that I've not been scammed by Youtube.

C'est La Vie...

Papa Nurgle wants to share his gifts.

• Nefiret's Avatar 365 127 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From Fedrion

For this kind of events Twitch > Youtube.

The easy way to be "sure" you gain the packs, just let it play in another window and just go on with your life.

I left my pc at home watching the stream. Technically, I've been watching for 6 hours, but I'll be sure in 2 days, when the packs arrive, that I've not been scammed by Youtube.

C'est La Vie...

The problem is that it is not possible to know if YouTube has correctly counted the hours we have been watching ...

For example, I have also been watching the streaming for 6 hours ... however, I don't know if YouTube has taken note of that time or not.

Also, is it possible for YouTube to know if we are actually watching the streaming in person? We can not trust ... because maybe if we have the streaming in a background window, YouTube is not counting any watching time at all ...

Another danger is what happened to me this morning: streaming suffered a micro cut for a moment due to a problem with my connection and, without my realizing it, the streaming automatically went from playing it "live" to "recorded/delayed" (so that I would not have any interruption during the course of the game and I would not miss anything), obviously not computing any time from that moment on (since if we are not watching the streaming on live, YouTube do not register any watching time)

• Alleria's Avatar Eevee 980 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Yeah,  no packs here yet too, I guess we need to wait till Monday to be sure. If someone gets their packs, post here, so we can confirm.

It's 48h since I started to watch and still no packs ... let's wait 48 hours from the "supposed" award ... but I have very little expectations ...

• ArcyroX's Avatar Uther 430 163 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

no drops for me after 48h either.

I am starting to think this thing is a scam to keep people watching the maximum amount as people dont know how much time youtube counted as "watched". youtube dont show this info on purpose, so people would watch more, and therefore more ad revenue.

Dont get me wrong, I still think the system would work somehow and we will get our packs. I just think that the system been made "flawed" intentionally.

• h0lysatan's Avatar Academy Sleuth 760 553 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

It's still funny that somehow, even with the promise of drops, the viewer total in YT is still very little. I guess they need to learn this the hard way that Twitch is still a better platform for tournament games.

Knowledge is Power

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 910 737 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Watched since Asia Started day 1. No packs still 

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• zoster's Avatar Forest 440 26 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

It's been 48 hours but I haven't seen packs yet ...

:_)

• Thonson's Avatar HearthStationeer 1350 1341 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Quote From h0lysatan

I guess they need to learn this the hard way that Twitch is still a better platform for tournament games.

I’m sure they’ve already learned that, but they need to wait until their contract with YT expires to make a change

Quick!  Someone give me something clever to write here.

• JackJimson's Avatar 595 580 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

Same here. I watched at least 4 hours on day 1 of APAC (also watched the other days so I should definitely have logged in more than the required amount), but no packs.

On that thought, is it 48 hours after you reached the milestone? or is it 48 hours after the event ended?

Side note: I really love the progress bar implemented by twitch. Really removes the guessing game of how much you have progressed.

three days after the watch ... no packs. It was a joke !

• Caro's Avatar Draconic Rager 1450 1126 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 6 months ago

If nobody gets any packs it'll reflect badly on both blizzard and YouTube. Unfortunately I highly doubt anything will happen ☹️

Watched the whole weekend, logged into today and no packs

• Marega's Avatar 565 830 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 6 months ago

Streaming on youtube. Its anti natural

• og0's Avatar 1430 1018 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 6 months ago
    Quote From Caro

If nobody gets any packs it'll reflect badly on both blizzard and YouTube. Unfortunately I highly doubt anything will happen ☹️

Watched the whole weekend, logged into today and no packs

We will get packs, it's just they'll have to grant them manually as opposed to how it worked on Twitch.

That is, they'll collate the data and run a script against their database to grant the packs to us.  Should be next few days.

Like everyone I miss twitch - so much better than YT.

All generalizations are false.

• zoster's Avatar Forest 440 26 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 months ago

48 hours have passed but I still haven't received the two packs... :-)

:_)

• Modalko's Avatar Darkmoon Rabbit 400 47 Posts Joined 06/24/2019
    Posted 6 months ago

Still nothing on my EU account despite having watched 2x8 hours (and double-checked account settings on both days). I had fun watching btw

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium