Meta after nerfs

• Fangandclaw's Avatar 75 24 Posts Joined 04/08/2021
    Posted 1 year, 2 months ago
    Quote From Grumpy000

I think that now the super tier 1 is Face hunter. Mage ( warlocks cannot survive enough and paladin need a very good draw to compete.

So the nerf succeded ... but there will be a new one soon to keep the control decks viable

I have to say, I can't stand the constant whining about the viability of "control"  every single meta. There is always a viable control deck,  multiple viable control decks right now even. What people mean to say when they complain about the viability of control is they want long winded fatigue matches back. You are not getting them. You can play control priest,  warlock or big warrior right now. All of which are capable of reaching high legend. Get over it. Accept that you will have bad match ups and that the meta does not revolve around your play style.

It's also funny given control priest poops all over the "super tier 1" face hunter. You haven't a clue what balance is. You just want fatigue matches to be the norm.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 1635 1618 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From Fangandclaw
    Quote From Grumpy000

I think that now the super tier 1 is Face hunter. Mage ( warlocks cannot survive enough and paladin need a very good draw to compete.

So the nerf succeded ... but there will be a new one soon to keep the control decks viable

I have to say, I can't stand the constant whining about the viability of "control"  every single meta. There is always a viable control deck,  multiple viable control decks right now even. What people mean to say when they complain about the viability of control is they want long winded fatigue matches back. You are not getting them. You can play control priest,  warlock or big warrior right now. All of which are capable of reaching high legend. Get over it. Accept that you will have bad match ups and that the meta does not revolve around your play style.

It's also funny given control priest poops all over the "super tier 1" face hunter. You haven't a clue what balance is. You just want fatigue matches to be the norm.

All wise words, but it is not unreasonable to want the speed of the game to change from time to time. After a year of aggro dominating and correspondingly short games, a slower meta would be welcome. And the reverse is true too after prolonged periods of slow metas. 

I couldn't care less about the viability of control personally (it is primarily concerned with surviving, which you can work towards in any meta). Instead, I just want a meta that isn't overly hostile to janky midrange-value decks so I can actually use a lot of cool cards/combos. Too much aggro stifles my ability to even try.

None of this would be a problem if there was a place I could escape the meta, but since Casual is basically the same as Ranked, no such place exists (playing against friends doesn't really count because I cannot rely on them being available). If we cannot escape the meta, we are justified in asking for the meta to cater to different parts of the player-base every so often.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Ice Rager 835 630 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

HSReplay stats show that two Paladin archetypes are back to being S-tier: Secret Paladin (60% WR) and Libram Secret Paladin (58%). I don't think the devs are done with the nerfs, we might see more coming soon to the Paladin class if this continues. 

It's a control-heavy meta in Diamond 5 up though. I'm facing a lot of Priests and Warlocks, with very few Paladins, Rogues, and Hunters. There's lots of DH midrange decks running around, which is what I'm playing currently. It's doing really well. 

• Vemax's Avatar 95 3 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Diamond 5 to Legend was really hard for me, I faced everything in those ranks and I had to switch decks constantly till I figured out a pattern from what I faced. (Dropped from D1 to D5 twice.)

For me at least, this was what I had to deal with.

D5 was Rogues and Hunters. (Played Control Warlock to get out, teched in 2 scorpids because they are damn good vs hunters.)

D4 was  Priests and DHs. (Played Face hunter to get out.)

D3 was Paladins, Mages, and Hunters. (Played Libram Paladin and  Control Priest to get out. Oh, and there were a few sneaky token druids here and there.)

D2 was Priest, Warrior and Mages. (Played Face Hunter to get out. This was the hardest rank. Mages teched 2 barriers here + ring toss gave them 2 extra barriers resulting in a 62 health Mage, Handbuff Warrior has a ton of rush to kill your stuff, and Priests are Priests.)

D1 was Hunters, Paladins and Warlocks. (Played a Kazakus Burn Shaman with some draw, which surprisingly did well and got me Legend.)

So, I would say the meta is kinda okay since there are a lot of classes viable. But man was D5 to Legend one hell of a ride.

And I agree, Paladin needs a slight nerf. They already touched Secrets, so it will either be librams or that dreaded Conviction imo.

• Live4vrRdieTryn's Avatar 485 866 Posts Joined 07/14/2019

Refusing to dust my golden Deck of Lunacy bc it's a fun card that will grow in depth as new spells are released. Most HS players don't know what fun is. All about winning which is sad.

That's why I push for a Mirror Match mode where you can play any deck and actually enjoy this game and still have a chance to win with fun cards that are pushed out by more op ones. However every forum I post this idea on I get laughed out by people saying it's a bad idea.

Hearthstone players are somehow happy just playing whatever everyone else is playing like good little robots.

HS Needs Mirror Mode: Make Any Deck, 50% You Play it Versus Itself or Play Someone Else's Vs Theirs.

Please Help Support This Obvious and Needed Idea. Stop Playing With 1% of your Collection.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.