Looking for a good post-nerf deck that isn't Hunter or Paladin

Crossroads Historian 925 1013 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Control Warlock is a pretty easy match-up for rush warrior. Just try to set up boards where they have to use their removal inefficiently. No wide boards of 2 health minions, no solitary 3 health minions, no boards where hysteria cleans everything up (this one can be hardest, and requires a lot of practice. Try providing lots of pressure without over-extending.

Rush warrior is an amazingly strong deck, but it can be quite tricky to play. The only truly bad match-up is priest. Instead of just complaining about the deck being bad (it's not), try sharing replays so that we can actually help you.

Rexxar 345 140 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Regarding Rush Warrior guides, I was reminded of this recent discussion where the OP included a bunch of helpful links in the post as well as the comments.  For example, this guide outlines one player's experience navigating it to Legend with individual match-up breakdowns.

And then the OP linked to a bunch of YouTube guides you might find helpful too:

Old Guardian's Guide

And 3 guides from NohandsGamer, including one on the Priest match-up in particular.

620 864 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

those are some nice links, it explains things very clearly for the deck

1065 813 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Sigh

Can we like lock this thread or something already. It's basically becoming a yearly cycle at this point where Kaladin shows up, asks for a deck, and then starts dismissing every single tier 1 deck as 'terrible', 'godawful', etc. because he can't win with them. 

But it's definitely not him, no no. His opponents are just always super lucky to always be topdecking the perfect answer and always having god hands.
    It's a broken record at this point.

Mankrik's Wife 330 45 Posts Joined 10/04/2020
    Posted 1 year ago

sometimes, when I stumble over yet another one of Kaladin's "pls end my life" posts, I recall this saying ...

"if it smells like dog poo everywhere you go, you might want to check your shoes."

360 396 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Sigh

Can we like lock this thread or something already. It's basically becoming a yearly cycle at this point where Kaladin shows up, asks for a deck, and then starts dismissing every single tier 1 deck as 'terrible', 'godawful', etc. because he can't win with them. 

But it's definitely not him, no no. His opponents are just always super lucky to always be topdecking the perfect answer and always having god hands.

I am legitimately asking for help and clearly frustrated at the outcome thus far. 

Before  you dismiss my comments as exaggerations or refusing to take responsibility for my losses........why don't you spectate a game or two of mine? 

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From CuddlyCactus

sometimes, when I stumble over yet another one of Kaladin's "pls end my life" posts, I recall this saying ...

"if it smells like dog poo everywhere you go, you might want to check your shoes."

Can you not?  If you have a problem with me or my posts, message me directly.

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks for posting the guides, I'll check those all out.

worst community ever

1065 813 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From kaladin
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Sigh

I am legitimately asking for help and clearly frustrated at the outcome thus far. 

Before  you dismiss my comments as exaggerations or refusing to take responsibility for my losses........why don't you spectate a game or two of mine? 

1. Have you ever considered that switching the deck after every other loss or so may actually hurt you more than it helps?

2. Considering the amount of games you've supposedly played, based on your posts in this thread, it's virtually impossible that every single of those losses is solely because you're extremely unlucky. I'd rather not waste my time watching replays of someone who's clearly not willing to listen and/or improve themselves.

Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From iWatchUSleep
    Quote From kaladin
    Quote From iWatchUSleep

Sigh

1. Have you ever considered that switching the deck after every other loss or so may actually hurt you more than it helps?

2. Considering the amount of games you've supposedly played, based on your posts in this thread, it's virtually impossible that every single of those losses is solely because you're extremely unlucky. I'd rather not waste my time watching replays of someone who's clearly not willing to listen and/or improve themselves.

1. I don't switch decks after one or two losses.  I played around 30 games with Control Priest and it was terrible, I've played over 30 games with Rush Warrior and it's at least positive winrate, which is saying quite a bit since I'm still learning the deck.  I do still believe that Hunter is a tough matchup and Priest/Warlock are near auto losses.  So I guess the strength of the deck is just dependent on the local meta. 

2. Sure but neither are these losses purely because I misplay. I am here to improve, whether you think I'm lying or not.  I made some changes, using the nohandsgamer decklist instead another one I was using, and so far it seems to be much stronger. 

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago

i can understand Kaladin frustation, but then i can understand the other users frustation towards Kaladin, because he just straight up called a tier 1 deck bad.

all in all, give time to certain decks specially when they are considered tier 1. I mean yeah sometimes we get shafted hard and Kaladin u will realized the nohandsgamer version of rush warrior, even tho its the best version it will screw u over on some games cause of how limited its draw can be

Posted 1 year ago

whats the general strategy vs spell mage?  im running into the problem where they have so much burn and removal that i never seem to gain tempo. 

edit: good morning downvote brigade!  you guys stay classy!

worst community ever

Darkmaster 575 790 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From kaladin

whats the general strategy vs spell mage?  im running into the problem where they have so much burn and removal that i never seem to gain tempo. 

Mage should be a pretty easy matchup for Rush Warrior based on the few games I played with both decks. Maybe try to keep pressure on the board without overcommitting. Mage has a limited amount of burn, and if they waste all of it on your minions then you should win the matchup. They have no healing either outside of Ice Barrier so racing for health would also be a good idea

This ain't no place for a hero

1680 1834 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Maybe it's time to try out Wild, Kaladin. Decks are so optimized there that you will hopefully find one that is fun for you and has a positive winrate. It doesn't have to be tier 1 either, you just need to know it very well which is easy if you like it. I've piloted a Deathrattle Hunter list to Diamond 2 several months in a row, then Odd Rogue to D1 (with less than 200 ranked wins with Valeera), then Odd Paladin to legend. What I'm trying to say is that Wild has a less volatile meta and I'm starting to think that what you are looking for is a deck that you like and that is somewhat competitive. I asume you've been playing long enough to be able to afford to craft at least one viable deck, the most expensive highlander lists left alone for the moment. So what are you enjoying in Hearthstone? From your dislike of Face Hunter lists I gather it isn't aggro (which is a shame because you'd learn the true beauty of aggro in Wild, but I digress) and you want to use your brain piloting the deck. That means Token Druid, Big Priest, Odd Demon Hunter, Pirate Warrior and Reno lists are out. From personal experience I can recommend the aforementioned Deathrattle Hunter (such a joy to mess around with Albatross, Sylvanas and Tonks), Odd Rogue, Kingsbane Rogue, Handbuff Paladin and Even Mage. If you're interested in any of those I can provide decklists.

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From PopeNeia
    Quote From kaladin

Mage should be a pretty easy matchup for Rush Warrior based on the few games I played with both decks. Maybe try to keep pressure on the board without overcommitting. Mage has a limited amount of burn, and if they waste all of it on your minions then you should win the matchup. They have no healing either outside of Ice Barrier so racing for health would also be a good idea

"based on a few games, this matchup is easy"

lol okay but when I make claims based on a few games, it's 'can we lock this thread for spam?'

their burn is also tempo (apexis blast), don't forget that. 

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago

i havent played much with rush warrior vs spell mage, but in my experience its a hard match for warrior. BUT looking at the stats its clearly an easy match for warrior, which says a lot about the deck. you really need to know what you are doing, but since i played just a few games it was a total scam for the mage since i recall being on the verge of winning, but they got a good scam out of their secrets and i couldnt finish the game as they got 4 ice barriers and healed up.

Posted 1 year ago

its actually been tanking in winrate as i play it more.  maybe face hunter????  maybe control priest?  idk anymore. I dont see me hitting legend.

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago

nevermind, its over.  thanks for the guides

edit: Hello downvote brigade :)

worst community ever

Posted 1 year ago

i told you it was a great deck

Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From Marega

i told you it was a great deck

and all it took was queuing into mostly paladin haha

worst community ever

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.