What Lore topics would you like to see in the future?

980 667 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 years, 9 months ago

Greetings! This is Goliath the Dwarf, official story-archivist and lorekeeper for Out of Cards, asking you what lore topics you would like to see me write guides and articles about. Do you have a favorite card that you would like to know the backstory of? How about a theme or expansion that needs some clarification for you? Are you a Warcraft lore junkie who wants to see your favorite character card focused on? Perhaps someone new to the lore who needs some fundamentals explained. Whatever the case, feel free to post topic ideas in this thread so that I can reference it in the future whenever it's time to write a new lore guide for OOC. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales

Birthday Pikachu 405 172 Posts Joined 01/26/2020

i dont know if you are asking only of wow lore but, i would like some lor lore articles some champs have very cool backstories and the relations between some of then would be nice too. in case your question is only about wow lore i like to see sylvanas backstory or maybe jaina, i dont know a lot about wow but those are my favorite gals even if i know almost nothing about them XD.

HearthStationeer 675 756 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Well, I could name a lot of Warcraft lore-related characters or events you can write articles about, but here are some topics I would like to read:

• The Burning Legion and Sargeras;
    • Light vs Void (you could talk about the Naaru);
    • The Eredar (Draenei, Man'ari);
    • The creation (evolution) of the orcs,
    • The Red Pox (-> the advent of the Broken);
    • The Blood Elves and their addiction to mana (feat. Kael, Lady Liadrin); 
    • The Lich King (all of them). Maybe you could also mention some events from Shadowlands.
    • And, let's not forget - The Archlich of Naxxramas, Lich Lord of the Plaguelands, Commander of the Dread Necropolis, Master and Founder of the Cult of the Damned, Formerly of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abominations, Summoner of Archimonde the Defiler, The Betrayer of Humanity, Hearthstone Enthusiast, and Majordomo to the Lich King himself, Kel'Thu-FREAKING-ZAD!

If you have already written articles about some of the things above, then sorry. I think your safest bet right now are some articles regarding the current hs vibes - Legion, Black Temple, Outland, Tempest Keep, Gul'dan, the orc invasions in Azeroth, Lord Jaraxxus (though there isn't much to be said about him).

815 721 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

Personally I'd like to know more about the boom labs and what happened there. Because boom seemingly created a robotic overlord cyborg and then left to go rez a dragon with his homies. Also, experiment 31 was a pretty neat teaser.

Self proclaimed good at battlegrounds

Refreshment Vendor 880 1487 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Since we're in Outland atm, you could talk about Shattrath City, or Zangarmarsh, or the Mok'Nathal of Blade's Edge.

460 464 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

I think captain cookie is a fairly obvious WoW character to put into a card, and it slots nicely into the lower level WoW experience that they offer for free, while also being a vendor in outland (technically alternate draenor). It would be nice to see whatever pirate/murloc combined mechanic they could try out with him.

EDIT: Misread the title of the thread.

This post is discussing the wild format.

New Lore guide is out now on the lost city of Ahn'Qiraj, just in time for the event in WoW Classic. That opens up a new spot for a lore project, so if anyone has specific requests, this is a great time to make your voice heard while I'm deciding on a new topic. 

Also, let me know if you want a Traversing Azeroth guide (Larger lore stories involving multiple cards) or an Archivist's Lore guide (several smaller stories focusing on individual cards and how they match up with the card design.)

Look forwards to hearing from you all :)

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago

If you haven't already, check out the latest entry in the Archivist's Lore about the Outland Prime Legendary cards

Archivist's Lore: Ashes of Outland Prime Legendaries

Winter Whisperer 1040 624 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Loved the guide on Ahn'Quiraj one of my favorite classic raids. 

Since this was inspired by Classic WoW redoing the gate opening event perhaps the coming Shadowlands expansion would inspire a look on the darker side. The Lich King is such an important character. While he had his debut in Hearthstone I can see him making multiple appearances, much like Deathwing.

Or go deeper and explore death itself. In WoW characters die a lot. Some get resurrected, some become ghosts, some become forsaken. Many entities have their hands in death (Spirit healers, Loa like Bwonsamdi, Val'kyr). 

I also enjoyed your look at the cards themselves and how well they matched the theme/lore. The same could be done for other sets such as the Loa or shrines in Rastakan's Rumble. 

With a set coming soon I am sure you'll have plenty to talk about. Still just leaving some ideas for the future. I look forward to reading your work.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

215 59 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Shadowlands!!!

Great ideas about focusing on the death side of things. Given what we believe tomorrow's announced set to be, I'm actually already planning on writing lore guides centered around death and undeath. While I can't really write a guide about Shadowlands, due to the story not even being out yet, much less being Hearthstone cards already, I'll be happy to get as close as I can with what cards are already in the game, such as Bwonsamdi.

You can also expect the continuation of Outland-themed guides while we wait for new cards to be released. There's so much lore in Outland besides just Illidan that it's going to take a while to cover everything. 

Senior Writer Chocolate Cake 2070 2774 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

LOAs and their shrines are a great idea for Archivist's Lore series for sure :)

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

New lore guide is up about the Fel Orcs of Outland. Check it out and  be sure to offer topic suggestions here or in the comments of the guide. 

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago

New issue of Archivist's Lore about the story behind several Scholomance Legendaries! More Scholomance and undead guides to come soon.

Archivist's Lore: Scholomance Legendaries

New Lore Guide released on Kel'Thuzad! Check it out and don't forget to leave your ideas for lore guides here or in the comments section of the guide. 

Traversing Azeroth - The Story of Kel'Thuzad

Dragon Scholar 835 421 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

The lore of Gilneas, Genn Greymane and the worgens as a whole would be cool.

Looking into the stories of less popular races like sethraks, tortolans, the fish people from pandaria, the mogu, etc would be great too.

I'll boop you 

The Undying 825 827 Posts Joined 07/16/2019

Possible replacement classes for characters.

I would honestly love a tauren hero portrait, since they're my favorite race. But there are a ton of base races that aren't in hearthstone as hero portaits yet and i think that's a shame. We have too many nelfs in my opinion, i think the whole thing is alliance favored.

Living like that.

Posted 3 years, 6 months ago

BEHOLD! Perhaps my most intensive complete, and long, lore guide to date! Learn the history of undeath in Azeroth, and where every undead card from Hearthstone fits in the lore. I hope everyone enjoys.

Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

This leaves a spot open for voting on the next topic, if anyone would like to make their voice heard :)

E.V.I.L. Dragon 820 1248 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

maybe the history of some of the weapons would be cool. Aside from the legendary weapons there's also plenty of epic weapons that are important in warcraft lore.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

ODYN
    0 Users Here