Remove Ads - Go Premium

What Lore topics would you like to see in the future?

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Hero of Warcraft 390 315 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Greetings! This is Goliath the Dwarf, official story-archivist and lorekeeper for Out of Cards, asking you what lore topics you would like to see me write guides and articles about. Do you have a favorite card that you would like to know the backstory of? How about a theme or expansion that needs some clarification for you? Are you a Warcraft lore junkie who wants to see your favorite character card focused on? Perhaps someone new to the lore who needs some fundamentals explained. Whatever the case, feel free to post topic ideas in this thread so that I can reference it in the future whenever it's time to write a new lore guide for OOC. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide - Ashes of Outland Primes

Archivist's Lore: Ashes of Outland Prime Legendaries

• greenhatjynx78's Avatar 100 65 Posts Joined 01/26/2020

i dont know if you are asking only of wow lore but, i would like some lor lore articles some champs have very cool backstories and the relations between some of then would be nice too. in case your question is only about wow lore i like to see sylvanas backstory or maybe jaina, i dont know a lot about wow but those are my favorite gals even if i know almost nothing about them XD.

• Kovachut's Avatar HearthStationeer 585 734 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Well, I could name a lot of Warcraft lore-related characters or events you can write articles about, but here are some topics I would like to read:

• The Burning Legion and Sargeras;
    • Light vs Void (you could talk about the Naaru);
    • The Eredar (Draenei, Man'ari);
    • The creation (evolution) of the orcs,
    • The Red Pox (-> the advent of the Broken);
    • The Blood Elves and their addiction to mana (feat. Kael, Lady Liadrin); 
    • The Lich King (all of them). Maybe you could also mention some events from Shadowlands.
    • And, let's not forget - The Archlich of Naxxramas, Lich Lord of the Plaguelands, Commander of the Dread Necropolis, Master and Founder of the Cult of the Damned, Formerly of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abominations, Summoner of Archimonde the Defiler, The Betrayer of Humanity, Hearthstone Enthusiast, and Majordomo to the Lich King himself, Kel'Thu-FREAKING-ZAD!

If you have already written articles about some of the things above, then sorry. I think your safest bet right now are some articles regarding the current hs vibes - Legion, Black Temple, Outland, Tempest Keep, Gul'dan, the orc invasions in Azeroth, Lord Jaraxxus (though there isn't much to be said about him).

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Design Finalist 275 337 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

Personally I'd like to know more about the boom labs and what happened there. Because boom seemingly created a robotic overlord cyborg and then left to go rez a dragon with his homies. Also, experiment 31 was a pretty neat teaser.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 625 1277 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • economicaooc's Avatar 205 190 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 4 weeks ago

I think captain cookie is a fairly obvious WoW character to put into a card, and it slots nicely into the lower level WoW experience that they offer for free, while also being a vendor in outland (technically alternate draenor). It would be nice to see whatever pirate/murloc combined mechanic they could try out with him.

EDIT: Misread the title of the thread.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Hero of Warcraft 390 315 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

New Lore guide is out now on the lost city of Ahn'Qiraj, just in time for the event in WoW Classic. That opens up a new spot for a lore project, so if anyone has specific requests, this is a great time to make your voice heard while I'm deciding on a new topic. 

Also, let me know if you want a Traversing Azeroth guide (Larger lore stories involving multiple cards) or an Archivist's Lore guide (several smaller stories focusing on individual cards and how they match up with the card design.)

Look forwards to hearing from you all :)

Posted 3 days, 15 hours ago

If you haven't already, check out the latest entry in the Archivist's Lore about the Outland Prime Legendary cards

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium