Goliath the Dwarf and I recreated the history of the undead!

35 3 Posts Joined 11/07/2020
    Posted 3 years, 4 months ago

I don't post on here often, but Goliath's article about the undead inspired me to partner with him to create a silly representation of the lore in WoW! As a Hearthstone smooth-brain, I wanted to make something short, sweet, and jokey. I appreciate Goliath lending his voice talents for this project! 

Please tell me what you think about this!

980 667 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It was a pleasure to be a part of the project, Shibo :) I'm looking forward to the next one.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales

The Undying 825 827 Posts Joined 07/16/2019

Very well done. I have played world of warcraft for a while, but i never really worried about the lore part of it as a whole(only keeping track of the basic things). This video was well done. A lot of the time when you lead into topics i was like: "But what about?" and you would then say you'll talk about it later or go on to explain what i was about to ask about. I look forward to more in the future.

Living like that.

@clawz161 I appreciate the kind words! A lot of things had to get shelved for part two, so we tried to make sure that we'd give you taste of it before delving into it. 

@GoliathTheDwarf Thanks for being a part of it and letting me use your article as the base!

Dragon Scholar 1890 5543 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Amidst the miasma of death surrounding the new progression system, this is the one sole positive thing from Blizz that I had the pleasure of experiencing of late. Clearly the editing of this video is no small feat and I would be glad to see more in future.

There's just a few things unclear to me, I don't play WoW but I have played all three warcraft games, so I wouldn't know the full extent of the lore;

- When you said Arthas and Nerzhul fused, I was actually wondering who was the dominant spirit here. Seems like after Bolvar became the new Lich king, he was clearly still conscious of who he is, so is the lich king really just a conduit that empowers any idiot who puts on the helm? Is Nerzhul technically in command here, or has he long since faded when he fused with Arthas.

- Actually is there a reason why Kelthuzad and Anubarak remained loyal to the lich king despite him having lost his powers considerably during that time? I remember some dialogue between Arthas and Anubarak. Seems like the beetle was willingly serving the lich king, but considering their history, it always seemed unlikely

- Is Arthas still human at all? In W3 he disappeared in Northrend, but it never mentioned that he was dead in any way. Yet the game for obvious reasons treated him as though he was still undead. So can one be part of the undead without actually dying? I would assume he was still human since he had that death scene in WoW that didn't involve him being burned, beheaded, or sprinkled with holy water.

@dapperdog Thanks very much! I'm glad I can break from the negativity surrounding the achievements and progression system. You'd think that the spoiling of Darkmoon Faire would distract from that, but I guess not. 

We didn't have a whole lot of time to spare in the first one, so we had to cut out a lot of details that weren't integral to the main story of how undead is moving forward. You could get lost for hours reading the side stories about what led up to each event before you get to the part where Ner'Zhul and Arthas fuse. However, I didn't plan accordingly for properly explaining Anubarak's allegiance to the Lich King other than how he and his ziggurats were conquered. It's pretty messed up reading what Anubarak's purpose in unlife is now. (He's a total Lich King fanatic now.)

Kel'Thuzad remained loyal because he and the Lich King are bros for unlife. They ride together, they die together. 

And as for Arthas, he is the Lich King now. He beats Ner'Zhul in a mental arm wrestling contest and suppresses him indefinitely. Now he has cool powers and still gets to keep his bad political opinions about the fate of Azeroth!

Dragon Scholar 1890 5543 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Thanks Shibo

Looking forward to your next work

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

ODYN
    0 Users Here