Still No News From Riot?

• minuano28's Avatar Mountain 525 569 Posts Joined 09/10/2020
    Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From Nifty129

Thanks for the matchup tables I know Azir Irelia looses to aggro. That's why my overwhelm brew did so well against them and got me to diamond. 

But the thing is what if you dont want to play aggro anymore?

What if you want to experience the rest of the games champion selection?

Then you're basically saying okay I am going to loose 70% of the time 1/5 matches.

So you essentially can't climb effectively.

That is the definition of a unhealthy and oppressive meta deck

It should be at least less popular ATM cause it has a "nerfed archtype syndrome" where people will play it less cause it just got nerfed.

Look at the bright side though it's not Blizzard we are talking about where they had Pirate Warrior around for 6 months and patches unnerfed for 1.5 years.. 3 weeks and it's fixed..

Dunno why it seems like people playing HS can coup with bigger bullshit than people playing LoR in HS the meta is toxic AF for long period of time and nobody "leaves" but in LoR there are some unhealthy metas and everyone loses their minds, at least you don't get attacked to the face mindlessly and lose every game you miss a 1 drop.

Those were different times. Blizzard made so many beloved games as result they enjoyed the status of "Sacred Cow", for a long time you could not criticize anything Blizzard did without being lynched by legions of fan boys. As for Runeterra players did not lose their minds over night, it took a succession of bad metas and decision for the community to became vocally critical of the game.

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 570 565 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Posted 4 months ago

I'm pretty strongly convinced that it's the length and difficulty of ladder climbing that makes it such a big deal. If climbing were not so brutally difficult, people would be more forgiving of bad metas

• Nifty129's Avatar 250 381 Posts Joined 05/29/2020
    Posted 4 months ago

I guess...like getting to masters is a brutally difficult grind. Getting to diamond is easy breezy do it on your phone in your spare time.

For me the issue is simple I want to play Heimer, and Riven, and Taric and Lux, and Yassao, and all these slow value Champs and you just can't right now and that's not fun as a deck builder.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar Ancestral Recall 1580 2269 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 4 months ago
    Quote From Nifty129

I guess...like getting to masters is a brutally difficult grind. Getting to diamond is easy breezy do it on your phone in your spare time.

For me the issue is simple I want to play Heimer, and Riven, and Taric and Lux, and Yassao, and all these slow value Champs and you just can't right now and that's not fun as a deck builder.

I agree, it sucks you can't play old champions when the meta get power crept too much.

but people are too Doomsayers about the game.. it feels bad that it seems like people really easily just forget that it's a card game and they all have those bad metas, while at least in Riot they won't keep the meta that way for too long since they do have a working balance team(in contrast to Blizzard in mean streets of gadgetzan era).

I really like the design of the game and the care put into it, I wish more people would play it and there were less "quitters" when things go wrong, I believe that if they return to monthly big balance patches they can make things right again.

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 570 565 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Posted 4 months ago

In defense of people getting angry, Riot is not on a great track record right now for balance changes. TF/Fizz dominated the meta for at least a month and a half, alongside Aphelios, before finally getting brought into line (though they did well with the TF/Fizz nerfs, since the deck is still playable by those who are dedicated to it). But when they nerfed Aphelios the first time, it was not enough - and when they nerfed him the second time, it was way too much. 

Then immediately after the next big expansion, we have the Watcher show up and push out essentially every other viable control-ish strategy in the game, and after a couple weeks, we had Nasus/Thresh arrive as a major powerhouse of a deck (though I have no idea how to classify it ... aggro/midrange/combo/tempo?). Nasus/Thresh got a couple of nerfs, but immediately got replacement cards as well, so the nerfs kinda didn't matter, and nothing was done about Watcher combo at all in any form (which still remains true to this moment).

Then we enter a new expansion with a blatantly overpowered deck on day 1 that basically built itself, give or take 5-6 cards. And then Riot saying it was fine and didn't need nerfs.

Then coming up to the "big balance patch" that only happens every 2 months and them doing essentially nothing that mattered much in it.

So, it wasn't just the non-patch that made people angry. It was also a lot of mis-management that led up to that patch as well.

• Nifty129's Avatar 250 381 Posts Joined 05/29/2020
    Posted 4 months ago

Yeeeeeep ^

• TheTriferianGeneral's Avatar Soldier 430 552 Posts Joined 02/10/2020
    Posted 4 months ago

I think that Garen Taric is a decent Taric list right now. It uses the well known Taric Golden Aegis combo that not only levels Taric up on the spot if you can support an ally with it but also allows you together with Garen to take that many extra attacks that even a slighly buffed Sparklefly or The Fangs can cause serious trouble for the opponent.

The deck is pretty much a midrange deck and has with the likes of Out Of The Way a decent way to go late (making the Taric invicibility permanent)

Irelia Azir is despite this deck having potentially large lifesteal units to leech from the blades a bad matchup but many aggro lists and also many control lists have trouble dealing with lifestealing units that attack way more often than they should.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium