How common is it to find hackers?

• BingoNoEyes's Avatar 95 43 Posts Joined 05/07/2020
    Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago

I’m curious because I’ve run into several games where my opponent have things happen that aren’t supposed to. Getting attack tokens without playing rally on my turn, Capture not capturing a unit without them playing and counter spells or spellshields, etc. I looked through the move list, and I didn’t see anything to give them the abilities they had. Any thoughts? Am I just being paranoid?

• Forgottenslayer's Avatar 115 30 Posts Joined 07/19/2020

Sometimes spells don’t show up in the move list which I find odd. I don’t know what all things don’t show up in the move list but I’ve had this happen a few times where I was like the “WTF just happened

• sto650's Avatar Santa Braum 485 435 Posts Joined 03/30/2019
    Quote From BingoNoEyes

I’m curious because I’ve run into several games where my opponent have things happen that aren’t supposed to. Getting attack tokens without playing rally on my turn, Capture not capturing a unit without them playing and counter spells or spellshields, etc. I looked through the move list, and I didn’t see anything to give them the abilities they had. Any thoughts? Am I just being paranoid?

All I can say is that I've never seen such things in 4 months of playing. There is always a clear reason for what happened.

That being said, when I was new to the game, there were lots of surprising things because I did not understand how all the interactions worked. By the way, are you aware that Lucian and Garen both can grant attack tokens? Citrus Courier can as well.

• FortyDust's Avatar Nightfall 555 800 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Use a deck tracker and review the log when you see something that puzzles you.

I would be extremely surprised if someone were actually able to cheat in the ways you describe and get away with it.

• Hellcopter's Avatar 235 284 Posts Joined 02/09/2020

Unlike every single other online game i played, i didn't face any hackers so far in Runeterra.

Now in Hearthstone, there were 2 ways to cheat i can confirm:
    1- Animation stack glitch -> Consist on playing cards with delayed animations as fast as possible on top of each other.
    Result: The opoonent rope out his entire turn without being able to play anything.
    2- Disconection: Client freezes due an unexpected interaction between a few selected cards.
    Result: Game times out and ends in a draw.

Hearthstone: Me vs Firebat -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09NCE81owjo

• BingoNoEyes's Avatar 95 43 Posts Joined 05/07/2020
    Quote From sto650
    Quote From BingoNoEyes

All I can say is that I've never seen such things in 4 months of playing. There is always a clear reason for what happened.

That being said, when I was new to the game, there were lots of surprising things because I did not understand how all the interactions worked. By the way, are you aware that Lucian and Garen both can grant attack tokens? Citrus Courier can as well.

Yeah, I’ve played against them before, and in my games I had checked to see whether they or a rally spell had been played. It’s probably nothing, I was just curious if anyone else had seen this

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium