What is the story behind your username?

• HuntardHuntard's Avatar Rexxar 240 44 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I like going face.

edit: Yay! So many replies! Even the mods answered!

Your face is already dead

• Marega's Avatar 280 353 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I lost a bet. So i had to use for game tags the name of an awful player from one of the top teams in my country's football league. I use too for this website 

• Suchti0352's Avatar 135 53 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Mine is a weird one. It started with Club Penguin.It was an awesome Kids mmo, a shame that they closed it.

Anyway, when I created my account I had no creativity so I took the name from my buddy the showed me Club Penguin (Pizza035) and simply put a 2 at the end. I used that name a few Years before I had to create a new account for a website because I forgot my old Password.

And since I play a lot of games I swaped the "Pizza" with Suchti wich is the German word for addicted but I still kept the "0352" Part because playing Club Penguin was one of the best times of my live

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Dragon Scholar 200 194 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I watched JJBA and then signed up while eating a bagel

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 665 1117 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

I wanted YourPersonalNightmare on YT, but it was already taken so I settled for the next best thing.

Being an edgy preteen was fun

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 375 333 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

My Username is my rl Nickname.

Some Kid in Elementary Schools tried to bully me for my last name, so he came up with „Kötti". Didn't really bother me, so he repeated it as much as he could to get a Reaction, which then lead to others using that name (not to annoy me, they just thought thats my Nickname).

And now, more than 10 Years later, it feels weird if someone DOESN'T call me Kötti! 

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Toad's Avatar 95 36 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

An amazing X-Men Villian in the first Movie :)

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 360 237 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

When I was a kid, I got called Tadpole a lot.  After I got into college, I studied a lot of ancient cultures, especially ancient Greece and the Hydra was my favorite monster.  Since I grew up from a Tadpole and I love Hydras.... Hydrafrog

• griffior's Avatar Garrosh 325 151 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

Was a fantasy nerd, loved Griffins, still do. Played Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach, made an elven mage, and played around wit the word until I came upon Griffior.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_200_HS 280 209 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

It's what the classic murloc noise is called in WoW's soundfiles - murlocaggrob to be more specific. I downloaded that for a video I was making when I was ten (it never left my desktop, so don't go searching for it), and I liked the ring it had.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• doingtheobvious's Avatar 330 240 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

The Cows, one of my favorite bands wrote a song with the same name. Song is decent but I liked it as a moniker so I adopted it.

最初にシンプル。 二次的に複雑。

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 370 362 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well my name comes from my WoW days :)

I created a Gnome and wanted to name him FieserFritz (German for Nasty Fritz) but the name did not work or was taken - can't remember so i messed around a little and came up with FieselFitz.

That name also sounded perfect for a Gnome and even if i use other Names on other platforms this Name is usualy my Username in any type of fantasy game :)

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 805 1346 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Well, I got my username from here and here and here and here and here and here and from a couple of other places which are all just as amazing.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar 335 194 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I played Pokemon way too much, and Shuckle is one of my favourites. I love how stupidly polarised its stats are (insane defenses, terrible everything else), and liked the idea that even if it gets angry it is so pathetic at attacking that it cannot really do anything about it (the move 'power trick' notwithstanding).

I use the username as a reminder that no matter how angry I could get playing HS, I cannot do anything about whatever caused it, and nor can it actually do anything meaningful to me.

Then I made it super nerdy by using the nickname of the gift Shuckle from Cianwood city in Gold and Silver. 'Shuckie' is so thinly veiled that anyone who knows the Pokemon will know what I meant, and anyone equally nerdy as me will know what I really meant.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 410 560 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Nearly 20 years later, Valkyrie Profile remains one of my top 5 favorite games ever. Arngrim was one of the best (play and story-wise) einherjar, plus teenage me was really interested in various ancient mythologies so finding out there was a "real" Arngrim who was boss as hell (wiki below) cemented him as my go-to user name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arngrim

• CableKnight's Avatar Content Squad Rexxar 320 172 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

I enjoy Pathfinder in Apex Legends and Widomaker in Overwatch. They both use grappling hooks, which are awesome in my opinion. Although I've never played it, the art for the video game Shovel Knight is pretty cool. So I decided to combine my favorite video game weapon with an awesome title and there we go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gosh dang it, cards bad.

• Vandaren's Avatar 165 153 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Pandaren is my favorite race in WoW because of their neutrality (they can choose to join Alliance or Horde, or even stay faction-less) and of course because of Po, the Kung Fu Panda. Combined with my favorite letter 'V' that can stand for both 'peace' and 'victory' and you got my name.

• Shosupply's Avatar 320 148 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I dont like having the same name as other players so I combined two words to make this one.  Shotgun + Resupply = Shosupply.  First two talents I used in a game I played back then called natural selection.

O, that this too too solid flesh would melt
    Thaw and resolve itself into a dew!

• Thonson's Avatar 425 351 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

First character I ever made in WoW.  Name stuck.  Human Paladin.

• FortyDust's Avatar 160 231 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think mine is pretty obvious.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.