Need smartphone suggestion

• Chester's Avatar 100 13 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 3 years, 3 months ago

Hello people.

I am a long time visitor of heartpwn, lurking here for useful information on hearthstone and interesting off-topic threads. However I am now in need of advice from people with personal experience or any for that matter, on smartphones. So here's my question.

I am currently using a samsung j5 of 2015. The device has been pretty awesome up to this point. But since 3 years is a long time for a smartphone, mine has started falling behind in a number of things, including performance and battery life. It is off course reasonable to expect that. So now I am willing to spend 250 to 300 Euro for a new device. 

I would love to hear what the community suggests so I don't waste my money on something not really worth it. What i am looking for is good performance, reasonable battery life and to be able to use said device for at least two years.

Do you have any device in mind fitting my needs? Thank you in advance for any suggestions 

• EndlessTides's Avatar Funnel Cakes 365 232 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I use a Sony Xperia Xz2 and its been all the Smart Phone I need. I use it to play HS, get Work Related emails and all that Adult World guff and the battery life is immense. Not only that but its Android (because iOS is shocking) and can take an extra memory card up to 128gb I think? Mines 64gb and it works really well.

So yeah. That's my suggestion based purely on use. 

Cocked, locked and ready to rock... 

• kaladin's Avatar 360 396 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Got a refurb'd Galaxy S8 on Amazon for $200 and its pretty awesome.  

worst community ever

Thank you for your suggestions. Both seem really nice. I do want to ask you though, are you pleased with the 4gb ram? And more importantly, will it be enough to run apps in two years time? 

Also what is your opinions on xiaomi mobiles? Pocophone seems really strong feature-wise.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 865 1487 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

I was about to suggest the Honor10, but with the latest news about bans and stuff, it may not be a very wise choice right now...

• Foma's Avatar Malfurion 225 28 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I would suggest slightly increase your budget and get Pixel 3a

• Bluelights's Avatar 425 396 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

I am using a Samsung A8 and it has been great for me. 

I am quite sure the Chinese companies will overcome the obstacles and become even more powerful after. Haewei is already developing its own OS and I am pretty sure it will be even better than android. So I dont think there will be any issues in the long run.

• kaladin's Avatar 360 396 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

I don't play high end mobile games on my phone.  It's been fine for running Hearthstone.  I like the built in 64gb of memory though.  The camera on it is pretty decent, and the specs are such that you can play around with mobile VR, if that's your thing.  

worst community ever

• BossWalrus's Avatar Dragon Scholar 255 53 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

The tablet that I use is the Amazon Fire 10.  It's cheap as far as tablets go and Hearthstone runs pretty well on it!

• scr26x's Avatar Malfurion 205 24 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

If you are happy with J series, you might try samsung galaxy A series. it will be a major upgrade. (and it last longer, that's what the repair guy told me).

Samsung galaxy series> galaxy A series > J series.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will take them into consideration before buying my next smartphone <3

• Chimera's Avatar HearthStationeer 685 680 Posts Joined 10/22/2018

Galaxy S8 It's fantastic  Highly recommend it (using it now). First phone i haven't really wanted to upgrade from I'll use it till it's dead.

• sacarlettleo87's Avatar 55 3 Posts Joined 11/18/2019
    Posted 2 years, 9 months ago

I personally use Samsung Galaxy Note 10, well I bought my tab from Christmas deals and I saw there Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 and Motorola One Macro my friend uses Motorola One Macro and he said that its also working well, I suggest you go there, and choose according to your need, because you better know about what things you want in your cellphone, I hope you will choose a best one. Good Luck. 

• R's Avatar Design Champion 990 721 Posts Joined 04/23/2020
    Posted 5 months, 4 weeks ago

Take a look at Poco, Oppo or Realme. I bought a Poco x3 Pro ~six months ago. Everything is fine.

• harryaxe31's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 09/10/2022
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

You should be required to purchase any iPhone model that fits inside your price range. My iPhone 12 produces images that are comparable to those from a digital camera.

• Pezman's Avatar 2035 1695 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

I've been a satisfied Motorola user for many years. I currently have a Moto G Power that works great for Hearthstone and anything else, amazing battery life, and they're super affordable. Been using it for just over a year. My previous one I had for 3 years I think, and I only switched because I changed carriers and they made me get a new one (which was stupid), the phone was still working great.

Good luck!

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

• anchorm4n's Avatar 1690 1881 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

I recently treated myself with some serious boychild-stuff: a realme GT Neo 3T Dragon Ball Z :D

I'd call the specs upper middle class so Hearthstone runs smoothly and if I don't play too much on my phone the battery lasts two work days. But the real deal is the Dragon Ball case, it looks so gorgeous!

I notice I am confused. Something I believe isn't true. How do I know what I think I know?
    Harry James Potter-Evans-Verres, hpmor.com

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.