anyone hyped for the wc3 remaster?

• Lambda's Avatar 200 118 Posts Joined 07/24/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

WC3:R isn't worth playing. I mean, it's the same engine from 17! Years ago with nothing but graphical updates.

Blizz has lost everything they stood for in the past. They don't even try to be innovative anymore.

Hence they don't deserve my money. 

NEXT - >

• Marega's Avatar 285 405 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

Blizzard  has lost its mojo. Will they redeem themselves with diablo 4?

• AliRadicali's Avatar 425 713 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

Now that hat the cat is out of the bag, I sure am glad for my pessimistic initial take because things are so much worse than I'd imagined.

Apparently the PR department completely overhyped what reforged was going to be, setting unrealistic goals for the devs and making promises to fans that couldn't be met with how many resources Blizzard actually invested into this remake. But even if we set that aside, like I said in my first post, I think the rot goes all the way back to the core concept here: remaking a beloved game 18 years down the line. There's no way that game could ever have lived up to the fond memories and nostalgia of the original WC3. Hell, I would argue that even the idea of "improving" the graphics was a giant misstep: WC3 characters were designed for low-poly models and the two go together perfectly. Keeping the character designs but improving the visual fidelity turns these characters into misshapen nightmare fuel, much like turning Sonic from a cartoon into a 3D CGI creature made him a monstrosity.  Adapting any design to a new medium is tricky, and this is one of the worst examples in recent years. For a game that does very little besides "update" the graphics, it's a crying shame that even those came out looking WORSE than the game that's old enough to drive and enlist at this point.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 790 1573 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

My condolences to all those who played old WC and now can't even do that anymore

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• troY's Avatar Funnel Cakes 200 257 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 2 months ago

I played both games, and Age of Empires 2 DE might be a good choice for people who were let down by WC3:Reforged.

• kramerofboandls's Avatar HearthStationeer 290 171 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 2 months ago
    Quote From troY

I played both games, and Age of Empires 2 DE might be a good choice for people who were let down by WC3:Reforged.

But it has no fantasy setting. I would like a remake (or even a steam/something version) of battle for middle earth. Or Battle Realms. Or Armies of Exego... 

• kramerofboandls's Avatar HearthStationeer 290 171 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 1 month, 4 weeks ago

I bought the spell force iii bundle now. Then my money goes to someone else, sorry blizzard. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.