Remove Ads - Go Premium

Upcoming CCG - Rise of the Overlords

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 670 949 Posts Joined 03/13/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

Looking for art for the weekly card design competition, I stumbled upon an upcoming CCG: Rise of the Overlords. The art I'm refering to has been posted 4 years ago, but the devs are showcasing new cards on twitter every now and then so the game should still be alive.

The information the homepage provides are interesting enough to warrant a thread imho:

- the goal of the game is it to destroy the enemy overlord. In contrast to HS, overlords are taking part in the battle, they're basically super strong minions.

- the battlefield isn't merely interactive, but actually part of the game. There's one with a stream of lava across the board. If a minion falls into it, it gets damaged badly or even destroyed. Other battlefields have holes minions can fall through.

- there's no mana but actions per turn. Those can be used to play cards, move units or attack - this reminded me of Legends of Andor, a cooperative tabletop game.

This might be worth keeping an eye on!

Double the pride, double the fall.

• Nirast's Avatar Content Squad Dinosaur 365 366 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Me, who plays Mythgard, LoR, Hearthstone, and Causa and tries to get into MtG:

Game looks really interesting. The interactive board is really fascinating.

I've scrolled through their twitter account and they advertice the game as "a TCG and board game combination" - that sounds reeeeeally cool!

• Crusader2010's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_25_HS 95 41 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

Finally a game that actually looks fun! Thanks OP!

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 350 414 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

Reminds me of a fun little game called like castle crash or something I think I'll look into it

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Echo's Avatar Administrator Cupcake 400 187 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I wasn't sold on the game until the bottom of their website said "Game Fun". Absolutely sold now.

On a serious note, this game does look pretty fun. Reminds me of a mix between Advance Wars in terms of using the board and taking advantage of the landscape of the board combined with a card game, which are two of my favorite genres of games. This game will definitely go onto my watchlist, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

Update: I asked them about release time on twitter and they answered that they're plan is to start beta testing in the following weeks. They hope we'll participate and help them create a great game. :-) 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium